• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Annoying Game Characters

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    You know what annoys me, your team mates in Starfox 64. Every time in certain levels, a certain team mate gets in trouble and you have to save them or else they are defeated.

For example: In the beginning of Corneria, Slippy gets chased after by an enemy and you have to shoot down the enemy to save him. During the mid level, Falco gets chased by multiple enemies.

And here are the quotes: "Fox! Get this guy off me!" "This is really starting to tick me off!" "Take care of the guy behind me, Fox!" "What's taking you so long, Fox!?" "Shoot! He's right behind me!" "Gee! I've been saved by Fox! How swell!"

These are a few exceptions for the other quotes that I like: "Do a Barrel Roll (Z or R Twice!)" "Hey! He was mine!"

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • 1. Navi for obvious reasons
    2. The people at the start of every Pokemon game that takes the time to show you how to catch a pokemon, I want to punch a puppy in the face when there talking
    3. Your rival in any pokemon game, cause they suck at battling pokemon and are a waste of my time and they show up at the worst times and it's even worst when I forget exactly when they show up and I don't heal up at the pokemon center.
    4. Zubat
    Yea mainly the only people I find annoying are from pokemon games, oh and dimentio but only because he was impossible to defeat cause it checkpointed me with like 1 health so I died quickly.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    WALUIGI! He's annoying and also pointless. I don't know why Nintendo gave Luigi a rival who's super skinny legged, likes the color purple, and makes weird, funny faces/voices. He doesn't do much in any series. Haha, I like Wario more then Waluigi... Just so you know Wario Land 4 is a very good game.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Annoying Game Characters

/thread

But seriously, Navi is up there with some others, but all I can think of is the stupid little blue ball of endless speaking.

Okay, you win this thread. But I think I'll beat you on this one...

Annoying Game Characters

Yes... Slippy from the Star Fox series. Oh sure he's annoying, but he's far more than that...

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
  • Navi/Yuffie/Omochao/Starfox 64 peeps

Thy hate is true, friends. So true. >.<

The Italian gguy from Eternal Darkness. Sooooooo slooooooooow....
    It made me want to cry.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I love playing as Agent 9 from Spyro: Year of the Dragon, but his voice... OMG HIS VOICE! It's like Jack Nicholson in his most Shining/Cuckoo's Nest-iest craziness, combined with the frequency of a rat squeaking. When I was watching Kirozane's excellent LPs a few months ago, I'd forgotten how much I hated that voice, but it all came back with a vengeance.

Oh, and Navi, of course. Because... duh, it's Navi!

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • Only naming from game(s) I like. So no Fail Fantasy, KH, etc. XD

Most annoying characters, personality wise:

Dias Flac from Star Ocean: The Second Story. Offish, rude, proud swordsman type, just the exact kind that makes my skin crawl. XD

Tina/Jeanie from Super/Adventure Island. She just keeps getting herself kidnapped or in trouble. And she is as dumb as a rock, and not funny dumb, just dumb. ._.; But I'm kinda of glad she keeps disappearing because that means YAY the game can exist!

Trap Master from Dewprism. I don't know why, but his attitude makes me want to scream. It's hilarious to see him and Mint argue though so I wouldn't remove him from the cast.

Link from LoZ. His battle cries/pain cries/etc.......and his silent protagonist-ness. Ew. I wish he was like the Link from the cartoon series. He looks much better on there too.

~~**~~

Most annoying boss:

Decus(Michael)/Vesper(Haniel) from Star Ocean: the Second Story. One word. SPICULE! Devastates me every time when I forget to execute a move right, or put on those Checks. or cast Anti (and even then it kills someone). They're just a deadly duo. I love their characters, but they're SO hard to beat. >_<

Most people find Decus' original voice annoying (you can judge for yourself) but it is my fav epic voice of all time. My brother made a rap with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3lUl4hV7IQ
    HEY ITS HOT.

K, yeah.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I second this:
    >> Everyone from Final Fantasy XII except for Balthier and Fran. They can stay.

Well, if I had to pick from any game I've played, then I have a good idea as to who I would choose.

Wily from the MegaMan.exe on the GBA series. No matter what happened in the end of every game, he keeps coming back in the next installment with some ridiculously overpowered 2000 HP boss.

Annoying Game Characters

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Saryka;7094807[B said:
    ][/B]>> Waluigi from the Mario Series. What purpose does he serve. He's irrelevant.
    YOU'RE A BAD PERSON
    WALUIGI! He's annoying and also pointless. I don't know why Nintendo gave Luigi a rival who's super skinny legged, likes the color purple, and makes weird, funny faces/voices. He doesn't do much in any series. Haha, I like Wario more then Waluigi... Just so you know Wario Land 4 is a very good game.
    YOU EVEN MORESO

Waluigi is the best italian plumber you bad men. Just because he always gets the short end of the stick doesn't mean he's irrelevant. I'll have you reminded of how badass he was during his debut, where he kicked Bowser's ass.

ANYWHO...Lynne from Ghost Trick. As much as I like her, I do get annoyed when she dies nearly every single time you meet her. Maya in Ace Attorney, Toad (princess in another castle my ass) and Palutina in Kid Icarus: Uprising are also up there.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Annoying Game Characters

Fi, without a doubt. Thought she was cool for the first 2 seconds and then she got more and more annoying, her gibberish is just terrible and incessant and I don't like her design either. And the stuff she says is just ridiculous.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to say Merc from Mirror's Edge due to how often you had to hear him say the same ****ing thing over and over and over again if you had the displeasure of being gunned down time after time if you made even the slightest error in that game. There's also Nero from DMC 4 due to him shouting KYRIIEE!!!!! whenever he had the god forsaken chance.

HoopyFrood

Designated Robo-Hipster
    Years
  • The infamous Daughter of the President: Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4.

Incompetent, skimpily dressed blonde. Constantly being kidnapped, screaming incessantly, standing in the wrong place at the wrong time 98% of the time when you don't have her ass thrown in the dumpster, using up all my health items cuz she gets hit by everything (But surprisingly survives maces to the face). List goes on.

Years
  • I love playing as Agent 9 from Spyro: Year of the Dragon, but his voice... OMG HIS VOICE! It's like Jack Nicholson in his most Shining/Cuckoo's Nest-iest craziness, combined with the frequency of a rat squeaking. When I was watching Kirozane's excellent LPs a few months ago, I'd forgotten how much I hated that voice, but it all came back with a vengeance.

Oh, and Navi, of course. Because... duh, it's Navi!

Agent 9 is voiced by a guy called Richard Tatum btw.

As for the character I find the most annoying, Ghetsis in Pokemon Black & White. I hated that strong Hydreigon of his, it made me rage so much it made me want to train my own.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I really couldn't stand any of the legionaries in Fallout: New Vegas, with the sole exception of Caesar. All of them were just dicks for absolutely no reason, and it's honestly hard to find characters likable when they crucify entire cities just cuz it's cool. I honestly wonder if Obsidian could ever make them likable if they were given enough time to properly finish the game.

The entire cast of Mass Effect 2 was very underwhelming barring Garrus, but they weren't particularly unlikable. Just very mediocre.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Why you all hatin' on Navi and Fi? I guess I'm one of the few who actually likes them. o3o;;

If I have to name one, it'd probably be the chickenhead salesman in Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. It's not that he wasn't handy but he had a very anoying voice ["Gokigenyou~"], always showed up when all I wanted was a quick recovery and never showed up when I actually needed him. B|

Annoying Game Characters

I also wasn't happy with some of the possible recruits in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. What's with the ridiculously low stats for some recruitments? Like Leonardo... I don't like hating on FE characters, but for Ashunera's sake get some Criticals and Multiple Shots (or hit to begin with) in there. Rolf was better in the first few chapters of Path of Radiance. OTZ

Annoying Game Characters

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Honestly Navi isn't that annoying as everybody makes her out to be.

Annoying Game Characters

Tricky from Star Fox Adventures, he's truly annoying, sweeties.

Back