• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News Antifa attack conservative blogger Andy Ngo amid violence at Portland Proud Boys protest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Oh, so when the right were showing Blum's cropped victim video we were just to accept it as the evil violent antifa, but when we're using raw footage from the day you want a frame by frame of the hours leading up to it? Some things never change hey :)

I never posted any footage of the attack here, I only ask for something that shows the whole incident if you wish to dispute it.

I'll dig more angles up if you'd like.

That would be appreciated because the same criticisms you are leveling at the right can be attributed to the footage of the previous post as well, as in specifically cropped to push a narrative.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1145864149588561921

again, no man in a dress, but Blum's there, baton out, before any violence took place. A young man (I can't say for sure if he's AntiFa or just one of the hundreds of normal people who turned out to protest the right wing actual Fascists) even tries to deescalate the situation.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Right so I'm gonna have to ask all involved to step back and breathe before continuing. I respect the inherent emotions in a topic about physical retribution on political grounds, but I don't think we need the same old tensions flaring up. Argue, but constructively.

Last edited:
    Years
  • https://twitter.com/i/status/1145864149588561921

again, no man in a dress, but Blum's there, baton out, before any violence took place. A young man (I can't say for sure if he's AntiFa or just one of the hundreds of normal people who turned out to protest the right wing actual Fascists) even tries to deescalate the situation.

Just a brief look at the footage, it looks like the man in the dress can be seen here, running away at the right side of the screen for a brief instant. It fits the description of a man wearing an American flag dress ( You can see stars and blue on the back ) and is at the beginning of the incident.

https://twitter.com/Johnnthelefty/status/1145552739742519296

He or She, is wearing a hat, black backpack, and running across the crosswalk at the 5 second mark.

Right so I'm gonna have to ask all involved to step back and breathe before continuing. I respect the inherent emotions in a topic about physical retribution on political grounds, but I don't think we need the same old tensions flaring up. Argue, but constructively.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    EnglishAlt said:
    Just a brief look at the footage, it looks like the man in the dress can be seen here, running away at the right side of the screen for a brief instant. It fits the description of a man wearing an American flag dress ( You can see stars and blue on the back ) and is at the beginning of the incident.

https://twitter.com/Johnnthelefty/status/1145552739742519296

He or She, is wearing a hat, black backpack, and running across the crosswalk at the 5 second mark.

That's actually the incident where a Patriot Prayer member tries to drag away a protester from the safety of a group. Blum isn't in frame here, he's actually closer to the center of the group and no one is attacking the person you refer to, who I'm not sure is Resnick as Resnick was wearing a long blond wig on the day and the person you're highlighting looks to be wearing a tan hat and running to cut off the Patriot Prayer bloke dragging the protester. It may be Resnick, but from their own youtube and twitter feeds they were in a distinctive wig and riling people up, and the person in the video does not appear to have the wig, does not appear to at any point be near Blum, does not appear in any of the footage with Blum and does not appear to ever be attacked at any point. So even if it is Resnick and at some point they had changed their outfit, it still doesn't do anything to corroborate a story that all video footage on the day points to being false.

Nothing on the footage of Blum with his baton out in the calm where someone tried to talk him out of, you know, brandishing a weapon and antagonising people?

Last edited:
    Years
  • That's actually the incident where a Patriot Prayer member tries to drag away a protester from the safety of a group. Blum isn't in frame here, he's actually closer to the center of the group and no one is attacking the person you refer to, who I'm not sure is Resnick as Resnick was wearing a long blond wig on the day and the person you're highlighting looks to be wearing a tan hat and running to cut off the Patriot Prayer bloke dragging the protester

Nothing on the footage of Blum with his baton out in the calm where someone tried to talk him out of, you know, brandishing a weapon and antagonising people?

That is completely fair, right now it's pretty much impossible to create a complete view of the incident based on 15 second clips from different angles. You have fair criticisms but I would rather watch a full video on YouTube than trying to piece everything together from tiny clips.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    EnglishAlt said:
    That is completely fair, right now it's pretty much impossible to create a complete view of the incident based on 15 second clips from different angles. You have fair criticisms but I would rather watch a full video on YouTube than trying to piece everything together from tiny clips.

Unfortunately there is never going to be such a video because most people only start recording for evidence as something is taking place. If someone was recording beforehand then it's likely they had prior knowledge or were recording something else.

It could be Resnick in the video, like I said, he could have taken the wig off and put a hat on. I'd be very, very careful about ever trusting a word out of Resnick though, given his history and his constant attempts to coax people into physically attacking him. Look him up some time, he's a pretty nasty individual

Years
  • It's far too easy to crop photos and edit video to show what you want people to see.
    It's in the antifa's interests to lie about what started the fight. Why would this guy claim that Blum was helping him when the fighting started?
    All the people trying to claim Blum started it are Antifa. The same people attacking others with chains and cement milk shakes. They have zero credibility.

Why would Blum, an older man attack a freaking mob of masked thugs without reason?

Where's the video from the antifa showing this "unprovoked" attack? They just happened to not be recording?
    For the sake of clarification, the "cement milk shake" has been debunked. Here's a source on that. It looks like a right-wing twitter account started the rumor, and then the inaccurate information was reposted by the Portland Police twitter.

I'm going to go ahead and Echo Adri's statement, though - please remain civil.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • Proving yet again, that antifa are fascist thugs. Agree with them in all things or get beaten and have chemicals thrown on you.

In this instance, yes. Other instances, I don't really know since I haven't paid attention to Antifa. On another note, the Proud Boys have troubling ideologies regarding women and African Americans. The actions of both parties were inexcusable.

Years
  • For the sake of clarification, the "cement milk shake" has been debunked. Here's a source on that. It looks like a right-wing twitter account started the rumor, and then the inaccurate information was reposted by the Portland Police twitter.

I'm going to go ahead and Echo Adri's statement, though - please remain civil.

I wouldn't call it debunked, per Portland's press release there was a police officer in the field that reported cement milkshakes.

Prior to the event, information was circulating that some participants planned to throw milkshakes on others. As the event progressed, officers learned from some participants that a substance similar to quick drying concrete was being added to some of the "milkshakes." A Lieutenant in the field observed some of the material and noted the texture and smell was consistent with concrete. The Portland Police Bureau sent a tweet out to bring attention to this potential hazard and to encourage victims to contact us. The act of throwing any substance on another person without that person's consent constitutes the crime of harassment (ORS 166.065). After the tweet was sent, an anonymous email was sent to Bureau members with a "Milkshake Recipe" (See attached).

https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/news/read.cfm?id=250045&ec=1&ch=twitter

Either the witness was mistaken, or there really were cement milkshakes.

Years
  • I wouldn't call it debunked, per Portland's press release there was a police officer in the field that reported cement milkshakes.

Prior to the event, information was circulating that some participants planned to throw milkshakes on others. As the event progressed, officers learned from some participants that a substance similar to quick drying concrete was being added to some of the "milkshakes." A Lieutenant in the field observed some of the material and noted the texture and smell was consistent with concrete. The Portland Police Bureau sent a tweet out to bring attention to this potential hazard and to encourage victims to contact us. The act of throwing any substance on another person without that person's consent constitutes the crime of harassment (ORS 166.065). After the tweet was sent, an anonymous email was sent to Bureau members with a "Milkshake Recipe" (See attached).

The attached e-mail also references that chemical additives were added to cause long-term injury and burns, but the photos posted thus far by the man attacked referenced in aforementioned article do not show any burns. At the moment, there is no actual proof that there was quick drying concrete in the milkshakes.
    Per this article from NBC News:
    As of Monday morning, there was no physical evidence or additional reports of the use of the so-called "concrete milkshakes." A request for comment sent to the Portland Police Department was not immediately returned.

Per this article:
    According to the Portland Mercury, Popular Mobilization, a left-leaning group attending Sunday's protests, handed out hundreds of vegan milkshakes to protest participants.

"Several people ended up throwing their 12-ounce milkshakes at people associated with the alt-right and at PPB officers—but most people consumed the coconut milk-based treats," the Mercury writes.

Might I also note -
    Robert King, a public safety adviser to Mayor Ted Wheeler, told Shepherd that the rumor began because a lieutenant "noted an 'odor' coming from the milkshake" but added that the police "did not collect any physical evidence of cement in shakes."

At the moment, it looks like there's no actual evidence that indicates either way.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I wouldn't call it debunked, per Portland's press release there was a police officer in the field that reported cement milkshakes.

That's kind of interesting because there's a handful of videos capturing right wingers throwing an unknown white powder on protestors that the police seem to have stayed completely silent about

Years
  • That's kind of interesting because there's a handful of videos capturing right wingers throwing an unknown white powder on protestors that the police seem to have stayed completely silent about

Might help then if the police had witnessed it and not been forced to back off considerably in this situation. However if you have a source that shows what the powder is I would love to see it.

XIII said:
    Are the conservative folk upset about a few fash/alt-right finally seeing some consequences for their behavior, or getting a few milky-shakes dumped on em?

No, conservative folks are upset because a journalist was beaten so bad he got a brain hemorrhage.

XIII said:
    Meanwhile, the rest of America's marginalized groups face brutality and discrimination every day. Sometimes when you upset the masses you get consequences for going against the true nature of democracy. Seems more than fair to me.

So to get back at brutality, the answer is to violently attack people who had nothing to do with said brutality?

XIII said:
    It's fairly clear, from following this event, that it is yet another case of fragile fash-aligned folk intentionally ruffling feathers, and when they egg people on and provoke people, they're always surprised when they get what they asked for. I'll second the notion that I think the argument that these fash were "attacked" without context is made in bad faith.

Again, Andy Ngo was attacked for doing nothing but taking pictures and reporting from the event, he was not protesting, he was reporting. He was not asking to spend two days in the hospital with his head split open. He is lucky he did not end up dead, however the way ANTIFA is trying to kill people, eventually they will kill some one, just like how the Alt Right ended up getting Heather Heyer killed in Charlottesville. That is why this has to stop.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Might help then if the police had witnessed it and not been forced to back off considerably in this situation. However if you have a source that shows what the powder is I would love to see it.

No, conservative folks are upset because a journalist was beaten so bad he got a brain hemorrhage.

So to get back at brutality, the answer is to violently attack people who had nothing to do with said brutality?

Again, Andy Ngo was attacked for doing nothing but taking pictures and reporting from the event, he was not protesting, he was reporting. He was not asking to spend two days in the hospital with his head split open. He is lucky he did not end up dead, however the way ANTIFA is trying to kill people, eventually they will kill some one, just like how the Alt Right ended up getting Heather Heyer killed in Charlottesville. That is why this has to stop.

That's just it, no one knows what the powder actually was. But Partiot Prayer had bags of it with them.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1145268162251780096

So this guy actually goes to tell John what the powder is before he's interrupted by the lady who, in the video below, throws the same powder at people

https://twitter.com/i/status/1145601176747986946

Unlike the milkshake fiasco (the instant concrete and chemical nonsense) there's clear evidence of a genuine unknown item being used to assault people. A white powder, which absolutely could very well be a serious chemical. MSM hasn't, as far as i can see, mentioned the powder despite people raising it to their attention but have ran several headlines (even some radio ones in the UK) about the milkshakes.

Remember when elements of MSM tried to frame those MAGA kids? You were resolute in your belief in them and you were right to be in the end. This is the exact same thing, only instead of targeting some weird smug kid they're now trying to target one group of protesters with outright fabrications

Years
  • That's just it, no one knows what the powder actually was. But Partiot Prayer had bags of it with them.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1145268162251780096

So this guy actually goes to tell John what the powder is before he's interrupted by the lady who, in the video below, throws the same powder at people

https://twitter.com/i/status/1145601176747986946

Unlike the milkshake fiasco (the instant concrete and chemical nonsense) there's clear evidence of a genuine unknown item being used to assault people. A white powder, which absolutely could very well be a serious chemical. MSM hasn't, as far as i can see, mentioned the powder despite people raising it to their attention but have ran several headlines (even some radio ones in the UK) about the milkshakes.

And again this would be great if the police or the news or some one actually got some of the powder, or even if someone at the hospital got it. Maybe I think we can agree that the police should have been in there, not just to have more verifiable details on the concrete milkshakes, or the powder, but to have stopped the attack on Mr. Ngo.

Remember when elements of MSM tried to frame those MAGA kids? You were resolute in your belief in them and you were right to be in the end. This is the exact same thing, only instead of targeting some weird smug kid they're now trying to target one group of protesters with outright fabrications

Here is the thing, ANTIFA is being targeted by the MSM, because they nearly beat three people to death, leaving one with a brain hemorrhage and another with staples in his head. That is indisputable, and beyond the milkshakes, beyond the powder, what matters most is that three people nearly died because of these thugs and it has to stop, because as I said, the next one may not leave with just a brain hemorrhage.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    And again this would be great if the police or the news or some one actually got some of the powder, or even if someone at the hospital got it. Maybe I think we can agree that the police should have been in there, not just to have more verifiable details on the concrete milkshakes, or the powder, but to have stopped the attack on Mr. Ngo.

Here is the thing, ANTIFA is being targeted by the MSM, because they nearly beat three people to death, leaving one with a brain hemorrhage and another with staples in his head. That is indisputable, and beyond the milkshakes, beyond the powder, what matters most is that three people nearly died because of these thugs and it has to stop, because as I said, the next one may not leave with just a brain hemorrhage.

As opposed to the armored right wingers who absolutely definitely did not turn up to fight? MSM is deliberately reframing the situation. They've refused to show any of the footage outside of the damage to Blum, they barely talk about Kelly because the narrative is harder to sell, they haven't talked about the potentially corrosive substance thrown by the right, they haven't shown the footage of patriot prayer members trying to drag away non violent protesters before the fights erupted, they havent shown Blum trying to bash unarmed people with his baton, they haven't shown the ultra violent attacks on the non black bloc protesters who weren't even fighting.

I've shown you Blum attacking people, Blum brandishing his weapon before anything kicked off (someone even tried talking him down) the right throwing unknown powder (could have been anthrax for all we know) and multiple other organised right wingers carrying the powder, the patriot prayer boys dragging someone away to try and separate them from the safety of the public and several fight scenes where the right deliberately go after smaller targets before being overpowered and yet you still want to push a narrative you know is pretty much false.

Why were white supremacists in body armour there? Why did Patriot Prayer have the powder bags? Why were Patriot Prayer caught on camera antagonising protestors? Why was Blum armed? Why would a known sex offenser like Resnick, who in his own words has personal history and conflict with AntiFa, be at an anti sexual assault rally? If this was just AntiFa randomly attacking people then none of the above questions would be there.

Years
  • As opposed to the armored right wingers who absolutely definitely did not turn up to fight? MSM is deliberately reframing the situation. They've refused to show any of the footage outside of the damage to Blum, they barely talk about Kelly because the narrative is harder to sell, they haven't talked about the potentially corrosive substance thrown by the right, they haven't shown the footage of patriot prayer members trying to drag away non violent protesters before the fights erupted, they havent shown Blum trying to bash unarmed people with his baton, they haven't shown the ultra violent attacks on the non black bloc protesters who weren't even fighting.

To my knowledge they have been focusing almost exclusively on Mr. Ngo, he is the one that has been appearing on CNN and Fox News and is getting all the interview requests.

I've shown you Blum attacking people, Blum brandishing his weapon before anything kicked off (someone even tried talking him down) the right throwing unknown powder (could have been anthrax for all we know) and multiple other organised right wingers carrying the powder, the patriot prayer boys dragging someone away to try and separate them from the safety of the public and several fight scenes where the right deliberately go after smaller targets before being overpowered and yet you still want to push a narrative you know is pretty much false.

I am pushing a narrative? So far I have agreed with you on practically everything while remaining skeptical until I see longer footage than quick 15 second clips, Why are you trying to make this personal?

Why were white supremacists in body armour there?

Simple, both sides were looking for a fight and wore body amour,

Why did Patriot Prayer have the powder bags?

Who knows, until we have a witness saying what the powder was like the officer who noted the cement in the milkshake, its impossible to do anything but speculate.

Why were Patriot Prayer caught on camera antagonising protestors? Why was Blum armed?

Same reason the ANTIFA people were armed, and antagonizing people like Mr. Ngo, they were looking for a fight.

Why would a known sex offenser like Resnick, who in his own words has personal history and conflict with AntiFa, be at an anti sexual assault rally?

It was a sexual assault rally for male survivors of sexual assault, and male empowerment, I doubt you would see him show up at a female sexual assault rally.

If this was just AntiFa randomly attacking people then none of the above questions would be there.

All can be true, and yet ANTIFA also was targeting people, both known and unknown, none of those questions disprove ANTIFA's own violence. They have a history of targeting people they do not like or that they believe rightly or wrongly is against them and their cause.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    To my knowledge they have been focusing almost exclusively on Mr. Ngo, he is the one that has been appearing on CNN and Fox News and is getting all the interview requests.

Firstly, if this is formatted weird, my apologies. I'm having a balls hard time with the new layout (this is also why some posts are not directly linked when I replied earlier, i've only now realised what the little speech bubble on the side does)

Plenty have pushed the bloodied image of Blum. None have shown his baton. Very few have said much about Kelly (who ironically, from what people on the ground have said, wasn't heavily involved in the violence himself and did receive his injuries trying to pull Blum out) because they can't sell Kelly so easily as a poor old victim despite the fact that, out of the two, he is the only one who was really a victim.

I am pushing a narrative? So far I have agreed with you on practically everything while remaining skeptical until I see longer footage than quick 15 second clips, Why are you trying to make this personal?

I'm not trying to make anything personal Alt, I was referencing you ending that prior post with the idea that all of this is down to AntiFa being thugs and that somehow separates the MSM's behavior from other times they have previously done this. In the past you have expressed disdain about the media doing this in reference to Michael Brown and the Covington boys. I just think it's strange that you'd make an excuse for them this time.

Simple, both sides were looking for a fight and wore body amour,

Then by this very statement the idea that this was all just nasty old antifa attacking innocents is out the window.

Who knows, until we have a witness saying what the powder was like the officer who noted the cement in the milkshake, its impossible to do anything but speculate.

I'm sure, like the "concrete and chemicals" that it will turn out to have been harmless and used as a scare tactic, but the point is, only one is being reported.

The apparent sexual assault rally for male survivors of sexual assault protesters turned up with batons, body armor, face coverings and bags of suspicious powder and then walked into the path of the people protesting Proud Boys (not all of the protesters there were black bloc or even leftists, a lot of them just don't want fash in their town). They set out to ensure violence erupted and they used a serious issue to mask it, a serious issue that has personally ravaged my own life after the assault that happened against me. So, in all fairness, I hope they got the beating of a lifetime.

Same reason the ANTIFA people were armed, and antagonizing people like Mr. Ngo, they were looking for a fight

As Adri pointed out earlier, Ngo is a fascist mouthpiece who tried to incite racial violence against muslims by writing a fictional story about England to rile up the right. If you spend your life playing with fire like that you have to expect to be burned at some point. The small section of black bloc boys who did it should have been smarter and known he was there to rile them up, but if I could avoid jail over it and had the chance I'd kick the living shit out of the little fash too. Hell, it's what my Grandad spent the 40s doing.

It was a sexual assault rally for male survivors of sexual assault, and male empowerment, I doubt you would see him show up at a female sexual assault rally.

It was a group of right wingers hastily assembled from whatsapp, facebook and twitter, mostly by Katy Mae who is also the genius behind the powder bags (she's the one who tells the other guy not to speak to anyone. The fact that they used such a sensitive topic is absolutely abhorrent and as a survivor myself if I saw them I'd have been swinging for them.

All can be true, and yet ANTIFA also was targeting people, both known and unknown,

What unknowns did they target? Most of the injuries were sustained by the equally violent "Patriot Prayer" group. Ngo was injured but hes a well known fascist apologist and mouthpiece so, whilst he was targeted, it was far from random.

That they believe rightly or wrongly is against them and their cause.

Their cause is anti fascism and anti nationalism and the racism both of those encompass. So yeah, Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys and the man who writes lies about Muslims to scare people are against their cause and are a real and present danger to society.

In the 30s, when Fascism was last on the rise like this, both Britain and Germany were hotbeds for it. The British left, backed by jewish communities and dock workers met the Fascists in the street and beat the shit out of them at the Battle of Cable Street. Killed a couple of them too. The fascists never took power here. That didn't happen in Germany. I don't need to tell you what happened there.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Firstly, if this is formatted weird, my apologies. I'm having a balls hard time with the new layout (this is also why some posts are not directly linked when I replied earlier, i've only now realised what the little speech bubble on the side does)

Plenty have pushed the bloodied image of Blum. None have shown his baton. Very few have said much about Kelly (who ironically, from what people on the ground have said, wasn't heavily involved in the violence himself and did receive his injuries trying to pull Blum out) because they can't sell Kelly so easily as a poor old victim despite the fact that, out of the two, he is the only one who was really a victim.

The man received multiple staples in his head from being attacked, that image alone is going to make the news no matter the context of who attacked first. It's sensational and it shows how hurt he was from the altercations. However again I will note, that the one who is getting all the interviews is Mr. Ngo.

I'm not trying to make anything personal Alt, I was referencing you ending that prior post with the idea that all of this is down to AntiFa being thugs and that somehow separates the MSM's behavior from other times they have previously done this. In the past you have expressed disdain about the media doing this in reference to Michael Brown and the Covington boys. I just think it's strange that you'd make an excuse for them this time.

Again you are making this personal, lets focus on the topic, not Michael Brown, and not Covington.

Then by this very statement the idea that this was all just nasty old antifa attacking innocents is out the window.

Mr. Ngo was not wearing body armor or part of any of the protests.

'm sure, like the "concrete and chemicals" that it will turn out to have been harmless and used as a scare tactic, but the point is, only one is being reported.

Again because the mayor has a policy of pulling the cops out, one is being reported because the police received an email about it and an officer saw something that looked like concrete. This doesn't have to be a conspiracy, it can just as very well be if the Proud Boys sent an email about throwing some kind of Anthrax powder, and cops saw something similar to what was shown on the video, that would be a leading talking point.

The apparent sexual assault rally for male survivors of sexual assault protesters turned up with batons, body armor, face coverings and bags of suspicious powder and then walked into the path of the people protesting Proud Boys (not all of the protesters there were black bloc or even leftists, a lot of them just don't want fash in their town). They set out to ensure violence erupted and they used a serious issue to mask it, a serious issue that has personally ravaged my own life after the assault that happened against me. So, in all fairness, I hope they got the beating of a lifetime.

I am sure many people feel the same about ANTIFA when they show up with weapons and body armor and face coverings, it still does not make it right.

As Adri pointed out earlier, Ngo is a fascist mouthpiece who tried to incite racial violence against muslims by writing a fictional story about England to rile up the right. If you spend your life playing with fire like that you have to expect to be burned at some point. The small section of black bloc boys who did it should have been smarter and known he was there to rile them up, but if I could avoid jail over it and had the chance I'd kick the living muk out of the little fash too. Hell, it's what my Grandad spent the 40s doing.

So he wrote a story about Muslims in England and this is worth nearly getting killed over?

What unknowns did they target? Most of the injuries were sustained by the equally violent "Patriot Prayer" group. Ngo was injured but hes a well known fascist apologist and mouthpiece so, whilst he was targeted, it was far from random.

I agree his attack was not random, they wanted to make an example out of an unarmed journalist. It's despicable.

Their cause is anti fascism and anti nationalism and the racism both of those encompass. So yeah, Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys and the man who writes lies about Muslims to scare people are against their cause and are a real and present danger to society.

Ironic considering that violently attacking others based on their politics in the hopes of scaring them are kind of the trade marks of fascism. I guess ANTIFA is Anti Fascist like North Korea and the Congo are Democratic.

In the 30s, when Fascism was last on the rise like this, both Britain and Germany were hotbeds for it. The British left, backed by jewish communities and dock workers met the Fascists in the street and beat the muk out of them at the Battle of Cable Street. Killed a couple of them too. The fascists never took power here. That didn't happen in Germany. I don't need to tell you what happened there.

Yeah thing is, in America people have the right to engage in freedom of speech and freedom of assembly. When you do not let people do that, when you engage in terrorism, and yes ANTIFA their activities are considered domestic terrorism. Then you go to jail.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    The man received multiple staples in his head from being attacked, that image alone is going to make the news no matter the context of who attacked first. It's sensational and it shows how hurt he was from the altercations. However again I will note, that the one who is getting all the interviews is Mr. Ngo.

Kelly's injuries are far worse than either Blum's or Ngo's. Kelly doesn't sell the narrative so he's largely ignored. This is manufactured controversy.

Again you are making this personal, lets focus on the topic, not Michael Brown, and not Covington.

I don't think it's personal to use examples of your outlook in the past and how it is not being applied here to back my comment that you pushed a narrative in your comment.

Mr. Ngo was not wearing body armor or part of any of the protests.

And he only sustained minor injuries.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/7/3/20677645/antifa-portland-andy-ngo-proud-boys

This article explains it pretty well. Ngo goes into these situations, riles people up and then they respond. Just this time he got hit a few more times than he planned. Either way, he's well enough to be on tv in the days immediately after.

Again because the mayor has a policy of pulling the cops out, one is being reported because the police received an email about it and an officer saw something that looked like concrete. This doesn't have to be a conspiracy, it can just as very well be if the Proud Boys sent an email about throwing some kind of Anthrax powder, and cops saw something similar to what was shown on the video, that would be a leading talking point.

The Proud boys were not part of the powder crowd, that was Patriot Prayer. Regardless, no one from the non existent AntiFa HQ sent that e mail. The e mail only materialized after baseless claims about concrete were publicly made.

I am sure many people feel the same about ANTIFA when they show up with weapons and body armor and face coverings, it still does not make it right.

I'd be wildly surprised if people who oppose the right feel upset when a group who historically protect them from right wing violence turn up. It's not even remotely comparable to what I said lol.

So he wrote a story about Muslims in England and this is worth nearly getting killed over?

He lied about Muslims, pretended our country was under their control and censored brits who provided evidence that countered his completely made up claims. His reporting of muslims is akin to what the Nazi propagandists put out about Jews in the lead up to the 1933 election.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1145067852375851008

Here's the entire video of the entire assault on Ngo. I dunno what you think "nearly dying" is, but it certainly isnt a bit of milk, some silly string and a few punches that you're able to just walk away from. As for his apparent hemorrhage, it would be extremely rare to walk whilst having a small stroke, never mind be on TV several times for several hours the following days. Do we have hospital records to confirm the claim?

Interestingly enough, it's two AntiFa affiliates who try to block him from being attacked further and nearly come to blows with each other over the misunderstanding before a third one steps in. It is an outright black bloc member who safely escorts him to the sidewalk. Ngo is only ever hit by one person. The rest of the assault is milkshakes and silly string.

I agree his attack was not random, they wanted to make an example out of an unarmed journalist. It's despicable.

We can keep pretending he is just a simple journalist if you want, we can also pretend that the sky is made of cotton candy, it doesn't make it so. Ngo's history and his attempts to incite racial hatred against Muslims is deplorable. You haven't once addressed Blum trying to hit people who were unarmed and not fighting with a weapon, but you feel the need to mention Ngo was unarmed, despite the fact his assailant was as well.

Ironic considering that violently attacking others based on their politics in the hopes of scaring them are kind of the trade marks of fascism.

I also remember when Mein Kampf was one page long and consisted of Hitler simply saying "you should hit people who dont like what I dont like". That's absolutely the corner stone of fascism and not, say, nationalism, corporatism, white supremacy, a strong focus on imperial military might or any of the other numerous traits historians and the UN use to define fascism.

This is a constant diversion tactic of the right (that we have seen twice in this thread) where we resort to "im not the _____, you're the _______!". It's demonstrably false and we both know that fascism, even in its most basic definition, is not simply political violence.

I guess ANTIFA is Anti Fascist like North Korea and the Congo are Democratic.

I mean, they target people who tick most, if not all, of the boxes that society and historians use to define fascism so, yeah, they're anti fascist.

Yeah thing is, in America people have the right to engage in freedom of speech and freedom of assembly.

And they did. The Govt did not stop them. AntiFa are not the govt. Freedom of Speech as defined in the 1st is literally in respect to the Govt.

When you do not let people do that, when you engage in terrorism, and yes ANTIFA their activities are considered domestic terrorism. Then you go to jail.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Unless they're white and right, then they're mentally ill, or lone wolves, or victims of society.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back