• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any other Linux users out there?

Maydevoir

Years
  • Hey all. Just wondering if there are any other Linux users that browse this board.

What distro do you use? I'm using Xubuntu.

Zet

Years
  • Gentoo user here!

Not really, but I haved used Ubuntu in the past. And if I recall correctly there are a few linux users here, such as Archer and twocows(I think).

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I occasionally use Ubuntu Linux 9.10 when I screw something up in my boot tables (it makes a damn fine repair utility), and every now and then I virtualize it in VMware, but I'm not a regular user.

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • I have a couple distro's that I seldom use, one being Ubuntu and the other being Fedora. I really don't use them too often, because my hard drive space can only go so far, and I don't have enough cash right now for an external hard drive or a larger internal HD.
    Other than that, I think Linux is pretty slick for an open-source OS, especially Ubuntu.

Years
  • I use it for a while every time I get pissed off with Windows, but it's probably only 30%-40% usage. Ubuntu 10.04, that is. There's two main reasons I still use Windows 7 a lot - games and Office 2007/2010. MS Office is a beautiful piece of software that I cannot do without.

If Office was ported to Linux (never going to happen), I wouldn't have a Windows Partition on my laptop.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    Ubuntu is pretty much my main OS, because I'm tired of breaking computers with viruses from Limewire and ThePirateBay :/

Edit: Nevermind about my desktop, part of my filename for my screenshot was a bad word and broke the image :/

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I fiddle around with Ubuntu in a VM every once in a while, though I do have to say it is my second favourite OS (right behind my main OS, OSX, which is build from a BSD core so I guess I would also call it a Unix variant like linux)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I use GNU/Linux sometimes, but I specialize in Windows. Most of my classes are targeted toward GNU/Linux, plus I work with it a lot, so I know quite a bit about it. I really like Arch Linux for a distribution. Debian is nice for servers.

Maydevoir

Years
  • I use it for a while every time I get pissed off with Windows, but it's probably only 30%-40% usage. Ubuntu 10.04, that is. There's two main reasons I still use Windows 7 a lot - games and Office 2007/2010. MS Office is a beautiful piece of software that I cannot do without.

If Office was ported to Linux (never going to happen), I wouldn't have a Windows Partition on my laptop.
    So I'm guessing OpenOffice doesn't appeal to you? Haha.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • It's not a bad suite, but it just doesn't compare with Office 2007/2010.
    Agreed :)

I like Ubuntu Netbook Revolution on my netbook.
    I just love Ubuntu.

I have RHEL and openSuse as well.

Back