• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Trying to get a Bagon/Salamence on route 3 I got a Shiny Sassy Cutiefly just now :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The other day I was looking for Mimikyu. Found a shiny Golbat before I found a Mimikyu. Still, random encounter is nice.

Also I swear if I get a shiny Fearow I will be annoyed.

walnut3072

Quan
    Years
  • I've just caught a shiny Araquanid right in the middle of having a doubt on choosing Pkm for my team. Since her base Speed is 42 and having the Sassy nature, I'm gonna have Trick Room team, I guess.

I caught a shiny Goldeen while searching for Feebas.
    You know something is messed up when a regular fish is rarer than a shiny. @___@
    Did you focusing on the bubbling spots? The chance of encountering Feebas are much higher there. I caught one with this way.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • I feel encountering shinies is way to easy in this gen...

I hunted and already found 3 (Being rockruff, formantis, and a freakin male soladin DAMNIT!) in under 24 hours (No shiny charm)... I also feel that SOS chaining is way to easy to execute unlike chain fishing or pokeradar chaining which needed your full attention.

Also found a random shiny goldeen while fishing for a Wishywashy

DigiornosPizza

I name Pokemon after pizza ingredients.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Day six of SRing for that rowlet. it would be dumb to give up now so...

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Pretty sure I ran into a shiny Mimikyu during the ghost trial, because it looked more grey than usual.. except I didn't see the sparkles and I couldn't catch it anyways.. RIP Mimikyu.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Got a random Shiny Golduck at Poni Gauntlet. Pretty surprising, and scared as I didn't have my catching team on hand. Luckily only 1 Ultra Ball was needed.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Pretty sure I ran into a shiny Mimikyu during the ghost trial, because it looked more grey than usual.. except I didn't see the sparkles and I couldn't catch it anyways.. RIP Mimikyu.

If it was indeed a Shiny it's Shiny form will be viewable in your Pokedex. Uncatchable Shinys are annoying however.

I'm going to try for a Shiny Rockruff (I want a Shiny Midday Lycanroc) later today.

Kimochiru

Keep it quirky!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    I was just looking for the fire Oricorio, when, suddenly, a shiny Petilil appeared!
    How classic! The randomly encountered shiny.

I threw a Pokeball at it, and what do you know? It was the single-shake capture. That was some great luck!

Years
  • Second day of release I caught a shiny Makuhita (called it Lil' Maku and it evolved to Hariyama) and two days later, I got a shiny Bounsweet (nicknamed Jolyne)! It's beautiful fully evolved now :
    763.png

Hoping to hunt for more shinies later! òuó9​

jangocatt

20 Year Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Just found a shiny Fomantis after 15:55 of play time. Was just grind training for the next trial and almost missed seeing it.

jdprager

OH MY GOD I FREAKING LOVE HYDREIGON
    Years
  • I was walking into the Abandoned Supermarket after the trial to see if I could find a mimikyu. I got 3 steps in the door, and a shiny Haunter appeared. I'm wildly excited for the pure white Mega Gengar.

Years
  • Currently searching for shiny mimikyu...

It's been 5 days of chaining so far. The one time I stopped to continue the story I find a shiny Murkrow. I felt pretty good, but like... I want a mimikyu...

SketchWorld

Beyond the darkest depths of death lies eternal li
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    got a shiny rowlet the second try (my console shut down before saving so i had to start all over again)

i felt like the luckiest person in the world

Back