• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

User19sq

Staryu is still being a pain to shiny hunt for! ;___;

That and I'm probably being really lazy with it. :<

I've been shiny hunting lately for sport and profit (as in, I like collecting Cosmog and Nihilego), with my Redit trades selling like hotcakes (Stufful, Cutiefly, etc.). Would you like me to try for a Staryu in case you never get around to it?

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • No random encounters, chained 3 Pokémon so far.

Poliwag - appeared probably 30 or so encounters in.

Eevee - took a lot longer

Tentacool- took even longer to appear! Several hours of constant battling

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • Just finished a 75 chain for magikarp after a failed one of over 255 yesterday. Great finish to the year,

Adamant, 4 perfect IVs not including spatk and HP, so will lvl to 100 and bottle cap him to improve that HP!

Happy new year!

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
    Years
  • Ben I hate you. ;----;

That shiny Cutiefly tho...
    Any shinies yet?

credit - rumwik @ tumblr

If I wasn't so picky with natures I'd have one by now, but they keep using Stun Spore on me which makes my synchronize Kadabra bounce it back. And as I'm sure most of us know, SOS rates are extremely low if the target's inflicted with paralysis. Even with Taunt and etc it still slips through the cracks somehow. The dream...

I have a shiny Cutiefly if you want one!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Spoiler: I hope you don't mind me revealing this...
    On my training sessions in Poni Island for leveling up my mons quickly, for some reason I spotted a shiny Granbull, and caught it. It has best IV for HP, and have Hardy nature, which isn't too bad. So then... I have no idea why it seems that I have tendency to spot shiny mons on the moment of New Year nowadays.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • I found one just a few days before Christmas. It was the first shiny I've seen in quite a long time. I haven't seen one in Gen 5 or 6. Other than red Gyarados obviously, I supposedly caught a shiny Nidorino (or Nidoran♂ and evolved it), but I honestly don't remember it. It's got my OT and everything. I obviously knew what shinies were because of red Gyarados, but maybe I wasn't aware of how rare they were. Before that, I remember finding an Onix in one of the Sinnoh games, but I either defeated it, or I caught it in my Diamond version (which I lost eventually).

Anywho, I was spending a lot of time in the Melemele Sea see fishing for a Corsola so I could SOS chain for a Mareanie. Eventually, a Corsola called a shiny one, which I wasn't expecting at all!

Spoiler:

I was really shocked, got up from my chair and took a quick picture. I was spending a while trying to find a good Mareanie, but I didn't care, I happily caught this one, and named her Noel. Sadly, Corsola isn't the most viable Pokémon out there, in fact it seems to be quite low in most cases, but I will occasionally use her on my journey, and happily keep her as a memory of finding and catching a shiny.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Found myself a shiny Zubat while I shortly got in that cave with lotta Zubat.
    Also encountered and captured a Shiny Alolan Sandshrew while I borrowed my kid sis' Moon version on December 31st. (:

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    Shinies are like buses to me - didn't get one for months, then found 4 in a week with barely even trying! I randomly hatched a shiny Feebas while trying to breed a competition ready Milotic, unfortunately it's pretty statistically useless. Then I found a Lillipup and an Eevee both within 70 encounters as my first attempt at shiny hunting, and then to top it off a full odds shiny Pelipper appeared too!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2018
    I have been actively looking for some, but it takes so long :(
    The only shinies I've gotten so far in the game are dewpider and mimikyu.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Got a Shiny Male Machop by chaining today. It has 4 perfect IVs and disappointedly a Timid Nature. He also has the Guts Ability which gives welcome attack boost shenanigans.

I plan to EV train it, evolve him and take him to the Battle Tree.

Years
  • Haven't started hunting yet, but I really want Sandygast! That shiny is my favorite in gen 7 I think.

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
  • I randomly found a shiny Haunter while looking for Mimikyu and got a shiny Fomantis via SOS. Now that I have the shiny charm, I'm going to SOS for a shiny Grubin

indidoge

friendly neighbourhood doggo
    Years
  • Found a shiny cutiefly randomly at the beginning of my playthrough, and then I sos chained for a shiny rockruff a few weeks ago. I'm now trying to breed a shiny rockruff since the shiny I initially found was calm nature, and had only some decent IV's... I still love it though <3

Foot

I'm creating a Pokemon Sun and Moon Comic!
    Years
  • So I've got a fun story:3 I caught my first shiny completely by accident and I almost critical killed it in my first attack:D A shiny Klefki:) I lov'm so much! I named him Kingdom Key:P

Years
  • I haven't actually searched for shinies yet but when I do I think I'm gonna go for a Mimikyu, that would be really cool.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Finally, some shinies for me! 8D

Mudbray was found at 36 encounters, while Fomantis was found at 84 encounters.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Shiny 4 perfect IV Staryu, who I've named Azura. No hidden ability, but hey, I'm not complaining. I've named it Azura. Going to go for another one so I can have a Starmie as well.

Back