• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

Years
    I was just searching for a Hariyama with a King's Rock in the Poni Plains, and I can across a shiny female Gumshoos! I named it Melania in reference to Donald Trump's wife...... Yep...

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Let me see; From Wondertrade I got a Shiny Toxapex and Shiny Crawlbrawler, from a Youtube stream, I got a Shiny Mareanie, and from Masuda Method, I got a Shiny Wimpod/Dhelmise.

Also, I caught a Shiny Spearow...it's alright :P

Years
    Oh. My. GOSH. Guys I'm freaking out! Just ONE battle after I caught my shiny Gumshoos, ANOTHER SHINY APPEARS!!! It was male this time, so I had to name it Donald Trump! I think my game is super lucky...!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Not counting that random NPC who just wanted to brag with his shiny? Only randomly got a shiny Eevee through wondertrade. Kinda sad, considering that I've played about ~70 hours and encountered a lot of Pokemon along the way. Well, maybe when I start chaining Ditto, which I plan on doing soon.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    After getting the Shiny Charm and trying for a Fomantis twice and not getting a Shiny (Both around a 200 chain) I go to Tapu Village looking for a Snorunt and get a Shiny after just 9 SOS calls. :)

She's female too. Froslass might not the most dramatic Shiny but is a beautiful Pokémon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Wow some nice shinies you guys have haha

I hatched a shiny Jangmo-o, that's it though. Going for shiny Type:Null currently and probably a Vulpix next.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've gotten the following from Wonder Trade:
    Raichu
    Bounsweet
    Litwick

And caught the following through SOS battles:
    Dewpider
    Saladit - Sadly its male...lol
    Stufful
    Grubbin

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    What luck. I tried in Tapu Village for another Shiny Snorunt and got one after around 70 SOS encounters.

It's male and 4IV too. Glalie isn't the most noticeable Shiny in the World but having a Shiny Pre-Bank Mega is nice.

Taliwack

Breeder
    Years
    Random Encounter Shinys

I was leveling on Poni island and found a random encounter shiny Gumshoos, i though "okay cool, i have a shiny charm, just got lucky" but about 45 minutes later, I was on route 2 farming with pickup lilipups for destiny knot and a shiny Drowzie appeared. I feel like that HAS to be uncommon. Can someone give me some odds lol
    30 minutes later *update* just ran into another shiny gumshoos on Poni island

Last edited:
    Years
    What's making me interested in this thread is how so many people are somehow getting a shiny Gumshoos. I know it's common, but I never knew getting a shiny one was so heavily heard of in this thread.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    ....Did the shiny encounter in this game go up? Because I have found 4 shinies in this game, 3 in this past week, all from egg matching. Wimpod, Dewpider, A-Vulpix and now Popplio. While to be fair, I did use a foreign Pokemon for them (at least with the last three, they all had parents I got from Wonder Trade), it's still absurd, because in my Gen 6 Games I have hatched probably close to 10,000 if not more eggs and I don't recall hatching ANY shinies, and I used a Japanese ditto for most of them, so I don't know what's up with this game. Hey, I'm not complaining, especially since we now have Hyper Training to make them usable, but like god damn man. Most of them I found in my first batch of eggs too. I found a Shiny Popplio BEFORE I found even a Female one! What???

Years
    ....Did the shiny encounter in this game go up? Because I have found 4 shinies in this game, 3 in this past week, all from egg matching. Wimpod, Dewpider, A-Vulpix and now Popplio. While to be fair, I did use a foreign Pokemon for them (at least with the last three, they all had parents I got from Wonder Trade), it's still absurd, because in my Gen 6 Games I have hatched probably close to 10,000 if not more eggs and I don't recall hatching ANY shinies, and I used a Japanese ditto for most of them, so I don't know what's up with this game. Hey, I'm not complaining, especially since we now have Hyper Training to make them usable, but like god damn man. Most of them I found in my first batch of eggs too. I found a Shiny Popplio BEFORE I found even a Female one! What???

If I recall, the shiny rate is actually unchanged from 6th Gen. You must be getting insanely lucky.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I think it's about the same as last Gen. In X I found 4 random shinies before even reaching the Elite Four. (Golett, Two Gible and a Magikarp.) In Gen 7 however I am yet to find a Random encounter Shiny even with the Shiny Charm and all my caught Shinys have come from chaining. (Bounsweet, Alolan Grimer, Rockruff, Cottonee, Alolan Vulpix and Two Snorunt).

Congratulations on the Alolan Vulpix (Ninetales is a beautiful Shiny) and the Shiny Popplio especially. I got a Shiny Primarina from the GTS but it's not the same as hatching your own.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    If I recall, the shiny rate is actually unchanged from 6th Gen. You must be getting insanely lucky.

[/spoiler]

I think it's about the same as last Gen. In X I found 4 random shinies before even reaching the Elite Four. (Golett, Two Gible and a Magikarp.) In Gen 7 however I am yet to find a Random encounter Shiny even with the Shiny Charm and all my caught Shinys have come from chaining. (Bounsweet, Alolan Grimer, Rockruff, Cottonee, Alolan Vulpix and Two Snorunt).

Congratulations on the Alolan Vulpix (Ninetales is a beautiful Shiny) and the Shiny Popplio especially. I got a Shiny Primarina from the GTS but it's not the same as hatching your own.

Welp looks like I'm using up all my good luck before I go Shiny Hunting. And it's funny cause Shiny Vulpix looks almost no different, I had to double check to see if I got a shiny or not, but it's really fun to have this neat collection of shiny, it's just crazy because in Gen 6 all my shinies were from Horde Battles only, so it's nice to have some viable shinies (and Pokemon I actually like, not just Gulpins). I wasn't fond of Shiny Primarina at first, but it's kind of growing on me, like a blond Popstar.

Years
    I haven't found one on my own yet, which is not unusual for me since I have awful luck for getting shinies. But I did throw some decent Pokemon on the GTS, asking for really common Pokemon as a sort of giveaway, and someone gave me a shiny Magikarp for it.

Back