• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any sounds/noises that make you cringe?

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
    Not sure why but the alarm clock on my mob really makes me cringe for some reason. It's this very boring type of ringing that really makes me cringe for some reason. It does it's job really well though. So I was just wondering if anyone has any sounds/noises that really annoys them.

King!

better
    Years
    Oh god.

Yes. When someone rubs balloons, garbage bags, pretty much anything of the sort, I feel.........as if everything is being sucked out of me. It hurts. OH, and, any noise that sounds like it hurts, such as clicking fingernails.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    I'm not gonna say why but here's a list XD
    k here goes ROFL it's gonna be a big list XD

Blackboard
    Polestyrene
    rubber on glass
    My brother when he makes a wierd noise

'nuff said
    You get it XD

Years
    When people crack there knuckles or anything ... it really makes me cringe or just thinking about the fingernails on the chalkboard makes me cringe.

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
    When people crack there knuckles or anything ... it really makes me cringe or just thinking about the fingernails on the chalkboard makes me cringe.

Lol, you wouldn't wanna be around me in the mornings. I crack my knuckles, back, neck, fingers, toes and knees. Don't know why but I love the sound of it XDD

Years
    Lol, you wouldn't wanna be around me in the mornings. I crack my knuckles, back, neck, fingers, toes and knees. Don't know why but I love the sound of it XDD
    Uhh, I would probably die, I just really can't stand that sound, And it also really frustrates me how I can't crack them. It's horrible haha ... how can you stand the sound!?

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
    No idea lol. It just sounds so awesome. Hardly anyone can stand the sound of my neck cracking though, it's really loud and it sounds like I'm snapping my own neck lol.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I hate the sound of a church bell that waks me up every morning and I hate it when the 20 year olds in my building have no respect for others in the middle of the night.

Years
    Rap! XDDD
    I just can't stand it.

I really don't enjoy listening to someone talking fast about his "whores" and "money."

Before you start, I am not getting into a flaming war about it...

Last edited:

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    The sound of denim being scratched makes me FLIP and it takes me a while to forget I even heard it. When my brother does it to annoy me, I beat the crap out of him; but when it's a friend or someone else, I grin and bear it because it embarrasses me to say something. xD

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    People always cringe when they hear fingernails scratching a chalkboard but that's never bothered me. I don't get what's so..cringy about that. XD No sounds really make me cringe, none come to mind currently.

EDIT: A Jonas Brothers fangirl screaming.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Boys screaming like girls, i mean what is the point of that x_x
    It's even more annoying when they do it in your ear it makes me want to kneel down on the floor and grab my ears X_X

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I absolutely hate the noises when people chew and the gulping noises when people drink. It drives me crazy. I also can't stand it when people say 'um' a lot. o.x

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I really hate screaming ~
    It does my head in. Also crying. Damn, it makes me so uncomfortable. If they look at me while crying expecting something... I just blush and look away.

Years
    Clicking mechanical pencils/pens and the 'fart' noises you make with your tongue. I know someone who uses that as a 'comeback' relentlessly and I have to do everything in my power not to slam her head into a locker.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Well, just about a minute ago, I heard sometihng like a gun go of. Lets hope it was just a motorcycle.

well, yeah, I live in New York City. I'm used to it by now, but the loud ones send me jumping every now and then. Lolz

Back