• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone actually use bluetooth with their phone?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    So i have recently discovered that the less i deal with my phone directly the better my quality of life should be. I have delt pretty much all the bs social networking apps from my phone and try my damndst to keep my eyes off of the screen. But the problem lies with my phone - the actual phone part- i get a lot of calls per day for business and well, i hate it. Good for business but bad for my anti phone phase. A buddy of mine got me off of the iOS band wagon and into the android eco system a while back and uses a blueant q2, now i would like to take his word for it and im sure i can, but im intesteed to know what the what the community uses, if any....

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My mom uses one with her Samsung S3 phone. It's a really cheap one and sometimes it picks up background noise but it's worked really well for the ~10 dollar price of it. I would recommend it, as long as you don't spend time walking around grocery stores or restaurants wearing it - that's really, really rude lol.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It's not a BlueTooth, but I do have headphones with a built-in microphone along the cord that rests just under my chin, with a button on it to accept/end calls. I wear my headphones a lot either in my ears or around my neck (when I'm being considerate) so, in a way, I guess I could answer yes?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My phone is from before wireless Internet. If you only want to use it for business calls, consider getting an old phone.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    My phone is from before wireless Internet. If you only want to use it for business calls, consider getting an old phone.

While an old phone may be good, a current basic or feature phone can also work equally well, if not better. At least your chances of getting a dud goes much lower (either because the phone is broken or the phone doesn't support today's networks). However, do note that you can't avoid having Bluetooth in the phone if the phone isn't the lowest end of basic phones. Even my 110 has 2.1+EDR.

If you're looking to have a phone where you can't get distracted with apps and yet can accept calls on a Bluetooth headset, I'd recommend you to get a recent Samsung or Nokia feature phone with Bluetooth. What's your budget?

Years
  • My parents used to use Bluetooth headsets on their iPhones while driving to and from work mainly but theyve recently begun using speakerphone while driving..

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I only use bluetooth to transfer files from my phone to my wife's phone. Otherwise, I don't use it at all.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I only use bluetooth to transfer files from my phone to my wife's phone. Otherwise, I don't use it at all.
    Sorry if this is gonna make you sound old, Mac, but that's what my dad uses his Bluetooth for. And he's the only person that I know who uses it at all.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I use it to make or answer calls while in the car.

Also experimented with some emulators on my phone using the Wiimote as a controller

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • No lmao. But when I do, I use it to send pictures or stuffs like that. Because my contract makes me pay whenever I send a picture or video by text message.

Back