• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Anyone else like Fennekin?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    So I was playing a demo of Pokémon X and Y today and it told me to choose my starter Pokémon, either Chespin or Froakie or Fennekin and I went with Fennekin because my specialty has always been the fire type. And I just like the way fennekin looks.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Some equations to consider:

Fennekin = Cute
    Delphox = Boss

Need I say more?

Reactions: Tek

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I just love Fennekin and it's evolutions too, it's also my 2nd favorite starter of all starter Pokemon (Oshy being 1st) - really love all the cute animations Fennekin does in Amie.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    I loved Fennekin, I found it to be super adorable (who couldn't love a little fire fox?).

However, it's evolutions disappointed me which is what kept me from choosing it during my second playthrough. I much preferred Greninja in looks and ability overall.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I loved Fennekin, I found it to be super adorable (who couldn't love a little fire fox?).
    I see what you did there. Whether done intentionally or not. Frankly, I use Firefox, so a fire fox makes sense.

Years
    Fennekin's line is my second fave of the Kalos starters, behind Froakie's line. I love the whole mage/wizard theme with Fennekin's line, in fact I really enjoyed using Delphox in-game given its typing is pretty good on the offensive end.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    I see what you did there. Whether done intentionally or not. Frankly, I use Firefox, so a fire fox makes sense.

Hehe, it was... sorta intentional? I didn't do it on purpose, but I noticed before I posted and didn't change anything.

I use Firefox too most of the time. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    I picked Fennekin because it was fire as well, and like you my speciality is fire.

I also enjoyed the direction they took with it, since I'd never really used a Fire/Psychic type before, so it was interesting. However, for much of the Post Game I've gone old-school and really only use Gen III and I starters (what I originally played).

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2014
    I love Fennekin because it's so adorable. :) Its evolutions however... not a big fan. Especially Braixen, what's with storing a stick in its tail? And those ears... wow. I really wish it had evolved to stay on four legs and be more foxy.

But then again, I don't like any of the starters evolutions. :/

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I really love Fennekin, but other people who battle me tend to have a hard time with Delphox.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    #TeamChesnaught.

Out of the three, Chesnaught is the one that I love both the most and the least. In terms of design, Chesnaught is just the bulky grass type I've always wanted. In actual gameplay, it falls so far behind Delphox and Greninja that it's really sad to see.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Fennekin's awesome; I love it. <3 Wound up choosing Chespin during my first play-through, but this one second time around. Though, I kind of wish Delphox's offensive stats were a little more high, as well as its Speed; that way, it would've been much easier to utilize. I'm personally not such a huge fan of Froakie, mostly due to its design (looks sorta dull to me), but do like Greninja!

Angello

Pokémon Lover
    Years
    Fennekin is really cute, I like it; and Delphox looks fantastic... But I prefer Froakie and, of course, Greninja.

But, yeah, I like Fennekin a lot.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    While I feel Froakie has the better evolutions, Fennekin is easily my favorite of the three Kalos starters. It's become one of my absolute favorites, too. It's cute, strong in-game, and its evolutions are pretty cool. It's definitely a solid starter. ^^

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Fennekin is one cute starter, and it is my favorite Kalos starter too. And I like Delphox, its final evo as well, because it is a wizard (pun intended), and it's powerful as well.

Years
    The first day I saw the Kalos trio of starters, I decided I would pick Fennekin. Its design jumped out at me as the cutest of the three, and speculation was already flying around about it getting a Psychic dual-type, which of course would be rad. Later on, before the middle and final stage evolutions were revealed, I switched to Chespin, but once Greninja was released, I went full circle and picked Froakie for my first Y run. In my current save file, I chose Fennekin, and its been really great n__n; They're adorable!

Zapdos86

BURD! BURD! BURD!
    Years
    There are only two reasons I don't like Fennekin, and that's because of its design. The second and third evolution of Fennekin look like a female Pokemon in a dress really. And I sometimes like it when my Pokemon look tough, and a male Fennekin looking like a female Pokemon in a dress isn't so pleasant.

Back