• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone found a shiny yet?

stringzzz

Banned
Days
  • Just recently got my hands on a shiny Flutter Mane with a glitch, going to get more before they patch it, lol.

Aside from that, according to my Shiny Encounter count in comparison to the other shinies I actually have (Masuda Method + Patience), I think I have randomly encountered several during regular gameplay, but wasn't paying any attention and took them out. Kind of sad, but I got all the ones I wanted by breeding, so I don't really care too much. I have wished they would make an exceptionally rare item called the 'Shiny Ball', that automatically changes whatever is caught into a Shiny, which arguably would lower their value. But, since people just hack for them anyway, they have kind of lost their meaning and value in modern times. Still feels cool when you get one by normal means, though.

Empoleon671

不要
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    im currently trying to breed a shiny dreepy ( since i effectively ignored it during SwSh and didnt really play during this generation. im on Egg 328 :]

but while doing other things, a shiny Pawniard and a shiny Gogoat in the wild ...... i'll probably end up training them since i have them.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • I realized with my previous post, I didn't even share the shinies I did get, and with a recent new addition, here we are. All the ones I'm sharing were hatched with only the Masuda method, no shiny charm.

These were my first six shinies in SV:
    Spoiler:

Not shown was my shiny Drifblim.

Finally, after probably about 2000 eggs this last week or so, I got my hands on a shiny Hisuian Zorua/Zoroark. These were the worst hatching sessions so far, and I was becoming increasingly frustrated. After taking care of some things today, I continued hatching the eggs I already had left. After just a few minutes, I finally got it! I was so frustrated with this process, I decided to name it 'Wrath', hah.

Shiny Hisuian Zorua:
    Spoiler:

And when it evolved into Hisuian Zoroark:
    Spoiler:

While I won't lie and say I will never try for a shiny ever again after this one, I will say that it will definitely be a long time.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Apparently I'm a shiny magnet. Just caught a full-odds shiny Oinkologne in Scarlet in an area that I'm not even supposed to be in yet lol. (I restarted again) It's just too bad it's not as useful as the shiny Scatterbug I found at the start of my last run.

Years
    • Seen today
    A shiny found me in my second playthrough... While surfing to the island with the False Dragon Titan, Green Veluza appeared out of nowhere right in my face and started a battle.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I've found five totally random shinies so far: Psyduck, Chansey, Makuhita, Drifloon and Glimmora

I've probably flown right past at least one shiny because of the lack of shiny animation when they spawn in the overworld (seriously, why didn't they keep that from Legends Arceus????)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I've found five totally random shinies so far: Psyduck, Chansey, Makuhita, Drifloon and Glimmora

I've probably flown right past at least one shiny because of the lack of shiny animation when they spawn in the overworld (seriously, why didn't they keep that from Legends Arceus????)

I have read/heard that PLA and S/V were being created at the same time, so they didn't really have the opportunity to know what people would react to from either version.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I have read/heard that PLA and S/V were being created at the same time, so they didn't really have the opportunity to know what people would react to from either version.

Still doesn't seem like a very good reason. Surely just having some sort of indication that there is a shiny nearby would be better than not having any indication at all.

Years
  • I finally got a Shiny Male Kilowattrel after finding and catching 3 Shiny Female Kilowattrel I have been after a Shiny Male Kilowattrel for a while and I love its shiny colouration.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Started the first night of DLC off right by finding a shiny Rockruff! Added her to the team and evolved into the Midday Lycanoroc, since I already had a Midnight Lycanroc from Area Zero.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Started playing the DLC last night and have been playing for a while. While exploring the northern part of Kitakami after the main story, I ran into a random Shiny Swanna. It isn't my first one sadly and probably a shiny I am just gonna use as trade fodder on the GTS at some point. But I did find one.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Getting lucky in the new area. Caught a Shiny Charm odds Slugma and Tynamo. Wasn't even expecting Tynamo, I was just telling Roaring Moon to auto-battle some water types while trying to find a Feebas. Roaring Moon wouldn't attack something, but the geometry on the cliffs and the caves in the area make it tough for the Pokémon to move around, so I just thought it was crying about that. Nope! It was a shiny lol

I evolved the Slugma into Magcargo, but I think I am leaving the Tynamo unevolved since it looks cool in blue.

Days
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    I've also found 2 since playing. First was a mudbray and the second was a sneasel with them each being a day apart.

Days
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I found many shinies, but unfortunately I seem to have more full odds luck than what I was actually hunting for🥲

Days
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    We just got a shiny Larvitar and noticed if you try to get your Pokemon to attack them in the overworld it doesn't work.

Back