• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone found a shiny yet?

Angel-of-Light-Kelly

Longtime fan
Years
  • Since starting, I have got Iron Valiant, Oinkologne, and Deerling pre shiny charm, another Oinkologne (both female), Lechonk and Zangoose. I will likely shiny hunt later on, but I lent my copy of the game to my sister to let her play, so it'll be a bit.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Since Amoonguss I have found 2 more random full odds Heracross, Toedscool, full odds Lurantis, another full odds Forretress, Tarountula(non outbreak but bug encounter level 2), and Vespiquen, Drifblim and Clodsire from outbreaks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2023
    I found 0 shiny while completing my pokedex ... Is this usual ?
    I would have liked pawmot the most ! I think Pawmot is my favorite shiny in the 9th gen

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Caught a shiny Misdreavus about halfway through my the story. Wasn't gonna train it but a friend was hyping it up and I thought about it and Mismagius does have cool design like a friendly witch. Not on main team, but did train him and comes off the bench rotationally..

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    My last shinies are

Heracross (RE)
    Heracross (RE)
    Tarountula (non outbreak, 60 knockouts)
    Marill (outbreak)
    Hoppip (RE)
    Floette (outbreak)
    Toedscool (non outbreak, 60 knockouts)
    Toedscruel (non outbreak, 19 knockouts) Found about 5 mins after Toedscool. Really wanted to find this one rather then just evolve one.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Sep 28, 2023
    I found a shiny diglett by accident. I was trying to get to a raid but ran into it when I wasn't paying attention.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    I've only encountered a Shiny Iron Bundle on accident while EV training in Area Zero. Traded it off to a friend of mine due to not liking it much, but if it was a Shiny Iron Thorns, then I would've kept it.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Not found any since my last one, but there is currently a Mareep outbreak that I absolutely. must. have. Except it's spread across three layers of cliffs so I have to keep climbing up and down them all when checking after doing the picnic reset method. Exhausting but I am determined!

Did you ever manage to find one? Cause I just did while I was hatching some Oshawott eggs for people, and was wondering if you would like to have it.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Caught a full suite of Rotom last night. Didn't find any from the outbreak in the first three sandwiches, but eventually started getting lucky and now I have five Rotom :)

I might try to find a sixth to be the standard-form Rotom as well, but five in one night was pretty good.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Pretty decent couple of days - whilst catching trade fodder in Glimwood Tangle, I noticed some colour up a tree - whilst trying to grab a screenshot of it, the shiny Spidops leapt out at me to fight! Got it in 1 throw with a Dream Ball too after my Gallade hit it with False Swipe (colour match, and irony given its ability of Insomnia!)
    Yesterday added my 2nd Nintendo Account that I used to load up one of my 3DS with games to my Switch, realised I could get Mystery Gift without NSO so now I have 4 Gavin Michaels' Palafin. 30 minutes dead to get to the Pokémon Center, and when I left the lighthouse in Scarlet the first thing I saw was a shiny Hoppip! In a Poké Ball as that's all I had, but still neat - that was my only wild Pokémon of the save!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I stepped away from Pokémon for a few weeks. During my play through I found an Espathra at full odds. That is the only shiny I found after 175 hours of gameplay.

Since I took a break from the game, I decided to come back and start a new game on a second profile. Doing a normal type only run. I found a shiny Lechonk in the first 10 min of the run. Then I snagged a shiny Flaaffy. Lucky to see the Flaaffy, I happened to notice the bulb on the tail was a different color. I then bumped into a shiny Axew about 20 minutes later. I only have 2 badges and already 3 shiny Pokémon.

I've never been one to find shiny Pokémon. I've always had terrible luck at it. After playing nearly every game from each generation since 1999, I only recently found my first shiny in the wild from a random encounter. I'm sure I've come across them before but simply didn't notice. I think it's really hard to spot them in these new open world games.

Years
  • After beating the Chesnaught raid, while on my way to the auctions, I bumped into a purple birb:
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• 346321347_226345623438833_1741157456754203673_n.jpg
      346321347_226345623438833_1741157456754203673_n.jpg
      100.6 KB · Views: 49

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Okay, so right around the time I was getting ready to start Scarlet, I came across a shiny Fidough!

But, since then...no, sadly. No more shinies in S/V.

Days
  • I found two: an Oinkologne which was pretty obvious, and a Bergmite that I very nearly missed. I'm not sure HOW I noticed it honestly, the colouring is so similar to the normal one that I could have easily just carried on past it. I have to wonder, based on this, just how many other shinies I may have missed whilst I was playing...

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • A level 18 Psyduck was my first, upon the first 3 hours of Scarlet with no pre-planning. Fallinks and Luxray came way later in the grove place and popped up within 10 minutes of each other. It's nice to catch shinies outside of Gen 1 which I have always ended up with.
    As for the post game, I gave shiny hunting a go and got myself Vaporeon and two Bibarel in their respective swarms before losing interest. What I wanted so badly was a shiny Girafarig which will have to wait until I get back into the game.

Years
    • Seen today
    Just started a new playthrough the day the update to pokemon home dropped. Found a shiny wiglett before even getting to Los Platos.

Back