• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anyone got a pokemon to level 100?

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
    Years
    They may learn moves past Lv60, but none of them are good enough or necessary that you need to level up to get them. The obvious exception are some uber Pokes (like Lugia that doesn't get Aeroblast until Lv77), but I don't bother using them anyway.

I'd do some research before saying that with such confidence; I lot of pokemon get their best moves late. A prime example is vaporeon- it doesn't learn hydro pump until lv 71. The same goes for suicune, and a handful of others. And what about explosion? Claydol doesn't get it until lv 86. There are more examples, and although a lv 50 pokemon can generally have a desired moveset, there are exceptions. Oh oh here's another good one, relecanth get's Mallet at lv 76. XD

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I'd do some research before saying that with such confidence; I lot of pokemon get their best moves late. A prime example is vaporeon- it doesn't learn hydro pump until lv 71. The same goes for suicune, and a handful of others. And what about explosion? Claydol doesn't get it until lv 86. There are more examples, and although a lv 50 pokemon can generally have a desired moveset, there are exceptions. Oh oh here's another good one, relecanth get's Mallet at lv 76. XD
    I have, and you may want to practice what you preach, my new friend. Vaporeon's best moveset doesn't include Hydro Pump, which it learns at Lv52, not Lv71. That is Suicune, and it doesn't need it either. Rest > Explosion on Claydol, but it learns it at Lv55, not Lv86. Don't even get me started on Relicanth. LOL

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
    Years
    Well yes, for R/S you're right. For those levels, I was speaking of P/D. It's a habbit of mine, lumping the two together. but still, that will be the dominant generation soon enough, and then my theory will apply XD

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well yes, for R/S you're right. For those levels, I was speaking of P/D. It's a habbit of mine, lumping the two together. but still, that will be the dominant generation soon enough, and then my theory will apply XD
    Yes, I will prolly eat my words when DP comes out. Well, unless they stick to the way they have done it with the previous generations and the levels will be lowered. LOL

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
    Years
    You'd think so, but not the case. Those levels I listed are accurate. What's more is I have the new games (Although in japanese) And the examples I gave were from personal experience. I was leveling my claydol, and when I hit 52 and it didn't learn explosion, I was confused. I looked it up, and sure enough, Clydol has been crippled with a ridiculously high level explosion. I leveled him to 86 and he learned the attack.

Xbull3t

Dragon Master
    Years
    I have/had the following lv.100's:

(Emerald)
    Shiny Salamence
    Armaldo
    Walrein
    Rayquaza
    Aggron
    Espeon
    Blaziken
    Swampert
    Dewgong
    Manectric
    And last but not least a Shiny Rayquaza... Lucky with the shinys...very lucky. Oh wait i also have a lv 100 Shiny Metagross.

(Crystal)
    Typlosion(It died because i restarted Crystal nd i dont play it anymore lol)
    Meganium(It died too)
    Feraligatr(Sadly it too)

I got the 3 starters on Crystal by the glitch with the pc thing.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    No, I haven't.
    I intend to train my pokemon between L70-L85.
    In D/P I probably train my pokemon up to L100.

You'd think so, but not the case. Those levels I listed are accurate. What's more is I have the new games (Although in japanese) And the examples I gave were from personal experience. I was leveling my claydol, and when I hit 52 and it didn't learn explosion, I was confused. I looked it up, and sure enough, Clydol has been crippled with a ridiculously high level explosion. I leveled him to 86 and he learned the attack.

It isn't a ridiculously high level move , I think game freak are trying to make more people to train their pokemon up to L100 by setting attacks at a higher level.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    yeah i got a lvl 100 before :) it was a blaziken! it was on my ruby version. but i lost the game alone with my gameboy advance :(

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    My Kyogre. I lent it to my brother. D;

I'm trying to train my Masquerain up to lv. 100, but it's only at 40 >.>; No reason, just boredom.

Years
    I Do

I have a Lv. 100 Metagross, Lv. 100 Dragonite, Lv.100 Tyranitar, Lv. 100 Blaziken, Lv. 100 Kyogre and Lv. 100 Groudon on my Ruby version. I also have 208 Pkmn and have beaten 4 out of the 5 Master rank Poke'mon contests. I actually only have 185 Hoenn Pkmn and the other 23 Poke'mon are from Fire Red. :laugh:

Xbull3t

Dragon Master
    Years
    On emerald my pokedex is only 113 because i focused on my firered(243) a bit more but then firered died:'( oh well...I had several lv 100's on it, Milotic being one...why did it have to die?!?

EDIT:
    Thank god for the edit button and curse my spelling errors =/.

Years
    FireRed
    Lv.100 Salamence
    Lv.100 Groudon
    Lv.100 Kyogre
    Lv.100 Mew

Emerald
    Lv.100 Lugia
    Lv.100 Ho-Oh
    Lv.100 Celebi
    Lv.100 Blissey

Last edited: