• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone got the Official Pokemon Black/White Guide?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I just bought the standard version of the guide. I didn't want to really spend any more money then just to get the game and so I wasn't really interested in the other edition of the game but then I saw it's only volume one and with no pokedex info in it. Meh, I can just look up the areas for pokemon online, so that doesn't bother me much. So far, I've found the guide helpful in finding all the items on routes and such. I also like to know what trainers have what pokemon when I battle them (well, more so the gym leaders) and so it's quite helpful with that since I don't know any of the new pokemon at all. I think it'll be helpful more along the way and for that I'm glad I purchased it after all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I bought it. I like using them to know what Pokemon I can catch in each area and to know key things to do in each town. I prefer books to the internet and I like looking at the pictures.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    depends on how much it costs and how comprehensive it is. it has a pokedex of every pokemon then i'll get it but if it only has unova pokemon then i wouldn't think i was getting my moneys worth.

can't wait to see it though i always love the art in the guides

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    I just ordered mine from GAME. Had some points on my reward card left, so decided to spend them on it since I had the HGSS one as well. Hoping it'll arrive tomorrow! :D

Years
    I just ordered mine from GAME. Had some points on my reward card left, so decided to spend them on it since I had the HGSS one as well. Hoping it'll arrive tomorrow! :D

Awesome, I would have got it from GAME myself but I got 2 quid off the RRP on Play.com haha.

I have no reward points at all :c

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
    I got volume one of the regular one because I didn't realize the collectors edition was the one with the pokedex XD I'll probably go buy the collectors edition at some point. I like having a guide to thumb through to find out where the pokemon are, the internet is too tedious sometimes.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I almost bought it at Gamestop when getting Black version, but seeing that this is a new generation I tend to go at it alone without any help, (but I still check with Serebii on some stuff :P) but a lot of my other friends did pick up the guide and fell in love with it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I said i wouldnt, but cause of issues with stores i got it from eb cause of the 20 percent off thing lol.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    The first time I go through Generations, I don't check guides or websites unless I get stuck somewhere for more than a 2 days. So, maybe a few weeks later, I'll get both volumes of the guide.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i bought the regular one i wanted the collectors but i didnt have the extra money i might buy the collectors ed. later and give the other to my cousin...i think its stupid that they didnt include a pokedex...grrrr -_-

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I dunno, I don't really see the point when the info is online, though the fact that it's collectors edition, idk. Most likely I probably won't though. :(

I agree. It's a complete waste of money, and buying it will only make my parents mad. I didn't even buy the game, so why would I buy a guide?

Oh, and by the way, in PKMN games, you couldn't possibly get lost. I don't know why, but when I played my second PKMN game (Emerald), I could advance through the whole game without the use of a guide. I don't know why, but it's easy to advance through the game.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I won't be getting the guide for B/W. If I need help with something I will got to the FAQs here or Serebii. I got the guide for Sinnoh and it was really good apart from lots of spelling errors though.

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Just got my copy of Volume 1 in the mail, and had a quick look through it. Looks like it has a lot of helpful information, and lots of other things too. Looking forward to Volume 2!

Back