• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone got the Official Pokemon Black/White Guide?

Years
    I might buy the Pokedex one so that I know where to get ALL 500+ Pokemon...but other than that, I like to figure stuff out myself!

persocom-chi

chobits
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    Guides are too much money, I just go on the internet when I need help with the games.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Actually, emulated B/W is going around the school right now, pokemon is IN XD SO I might dowload the guide off someone ^.^

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
    Years
    King Gumball said:
    Actually, emulated B/W is going around the school right now, pokemon is IN XD SO I might dowload the guide off someone ^.^

Lol thats cool for you! lol pokemon is IN! :D

but unfortunately for me its not around here :cer_confused:

Oh well again like most people are saying i probably will not get the official guide unless given you me.. *wink *wink ;)

Lol but i will (70% chance) get the Unova Pokedex for the region because I am not having the best time adapting to these "new" Pokemon so thats a possibility.

Idk see what happens..

Years
    More than likely won't. I got the guide for Platinum, and didn't find it overly helpful. Kinda found it made the game boring, cause I knew what to expect.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Having already beaten the game, it would seem that I have little reason to get the guide, other then the small mini-poster that comes with it. I could use it to hide the crack in my wall eh, make the walls of my bedroom less empty?

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I never get the guides for any of the games. I can usually find out things pretty quickly, and if for some reason I can't, then I just look it up on the internet.

persocom-chi

chobits
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    Well there will be another one coming April 25th this year and its volume#2 it includes the complete Unova region pokedex, tips and strategys to master all the new features, a collectible full color pokemon poster.
    Thats the one Im getting.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Pokemon is a MAN's game. And real men don't need guides.

And hell, it costs about as much as the game itself so you might as well just get the other version.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    The guide is soo expensive over here because it cost $54.00 for collectors and with one book it cost $44.00 with is kinda a ripoff price to buy for a book.

Years
    I was so close to buying it when i bought white but i held out :P
    might get it once i complete white...or maybe ill get black and buy it with that??

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
    This is actually the first Pokemon game I HAVENT bought the guide for ^^.
    I was actually planning on buying it, however i am trying to save my money, so I think Ill just continue without and beat at least ONE pokemon game without a guide, seeming I used my Sapphire one so much that I have memorised every event/pokemon encounter/item on the game :P

Years
    I ordered the guide the same time I ordered to game >.< I dont have the patience to figure everything out/find things so I always get the guides. I'll be getting Vol.2 when its released.

Years
    I like having the guides because of the pokedex in the back. I know most of the information is online, but I like having a hard copy that i can analyze

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I bought the collector's edition guide when I picked up my game. I like having the guide so that I don't miss anything, and the Pokedex comes in handy when I'm leveling up Pokémon. It's easier and faster for me to look in a book than go on a website. I've bought guides for Crystal, R/S, Emerald, D/P, Platinum, and now the one for B/W. I skipped the guides for the remakes and G/S, and I never had R/B. I bought Yellow after Silver, which was my first Pokémon game.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I used to always buy the guide. But now I'm a poor college student and the guide is expensive. I may end up buying it, but I will probably just look online if I need anything specific.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    These days I never bother with the first volume of the guide. I'll pick up the National Dex guide whenever it comes out, for sure, since I've always loved having a hard copy of the Pokedex (with moves and images) next to me, but I've no need for a walkthrough.

Back