• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone still playing?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2014
    I have just bought pokemon platinum and i would like to know if anyone still playing would be willing to trade with me so I can get pokemon like alakazam etc

send me an email if your interested
    [email protected]

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
  • Yup I play Platinium Still everynow And then,One of the better one's if you ask me!
    Maby I can help you to trade pokemon's

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't play them anymore, unfortunately. :( Online services for DS generations of games are also going to be cancelled on May, so you could no longer trade Pokémon within games like D/P/Pt. When this happens, I'm sure a lot more people would stop playing.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I pick up the games every now and then, but I don't play them as regularly as I used to.

Also just a heads up, quick trade requests belong over here.

Last edited:

MeetMeInUtopia

Do You Think you can tell...
    Years
  • I would finish it but I think I want to finish up X first haha. The new mechanics are very appealing. I think one day I will finish Platinum and HeartGold

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    all I have is 4th gen (and X...) so naturally I play it a lot (mostly pearl, though I just got soulsilver literally days ago)

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
  • Sorry if this goes too off-topic.

My Parents didn't allowed me to have DS or 3DS, 'cause I got sick just before my exams because of playing emerald late night, (fever) so I was forced to study, after that I got my Android tab (Internet's lame) so I never played only wished to have Platinum :( though you can trade on Trade Corner
    which you can find on index.

sweets

You can do it! ☆彡
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2014
    I was actually just playing HeartGold! I'm currently training my shiny wooper n_n

Years
  • I still have both my copies of Platinum with me, and while I don't play my main one often, I do have my other one that I occasionally play challenges on. But my Pearl is still my longest time logged, with over 440 hours even though I haven't really touched it in a while.

Years
  • I'm playing Diamond right now. This is the first time I've played Generation 4, past Generation 3. Though I'm playing on OpenEmu.

Tek

Years
  • I was playing Soul Silver 2 months ago. I was collecting legends for my pokemon x. I bought five version black, black 2, heartgold and soulsilver and platinum. What was surprising is that I rebought my own heartgold version back. When I checked it out. I was in Mt. Silver. I was like hey! This were I was at last time I played heartgold. I check the name and it said Ethan. I like to name my character after the anime counterparts. I checked the box and all legends were caught. I said wow this guy does a great job like me. At that moment it occured to me that person was myself. After 2 years after selling it it returned to me intact. It apparently was 2 years without use in a gamestop storage. It saved me the trouble of playing through it just to catch Kyogre. So i just played soulsilver becausethe work was done in heartgold.

Lol wow. That is amazing. The type of thing that generally happens when one is dreaming. Or at least, that sort of thing happens a lot in my dreams.

But as to the topic, the main game that I play is HG. I picked it up last summer when I bought my first DS system - DS Lite, of course. I'm at 283 hrs of playtime, 175 pokemon caught using pokeballs, 322 eggs hatched (proud of that one), and 4237 pokemon defeated.

It's really unfortunate that Nintendo is discontinuing wifi services for the DS. Of course, it's not like I would have been able get event pokes or anything since I don't have BW2 or the new games, but I still enjoy trading and battling. But, it's not all bad news. There are already non-Nintendo servers up and running that can be used for trades and battles. I don't expect that they would shut down, though they might try to start charging people for their services. Sometimes capitalism makes me ugh.

I've got a copy of Diamond en route to my place, should be here early next week. Pretty stoked about that since I've never been to the Sinnoh region. Next I plan to purchase a Japanese Platinum cart, so that I can trade over pokes to HG for MM-ing :D At that point, I'll be using Diamond strictly for challenge runs. Oh, I've got such poke-plans for gen IV.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    I stuck with 4th gen until XY came out because I didn't like 5th gen's metagame. I have so many fond memories of the hundreds of battles I had on Pt and HG. A shame it's being shut down now.

Back