• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Apricorn Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    i kinda hated the APricorns. id have to wait a day for a pokeball, when not even 20 minutes later i catch the pokemon i wanted to use the ball on.

Years
    I hardly used Kurt, but it would be neater if instead of a whole day it would take a number of steps to get a Ball done, like an Egg at the Daycare.
    (Then again you could always speed it up by setting the time to one minute before midnight if they keep the old way but whatever.)

Years
    I hardly used Kurt, but it would be neater if instead of a whole day it would take a number of steps to get a Ball done, like an Egg at the Daycare.
    (Then again you could always speed it up by setting the time to one minute before midnight if they keep the old way but whatever.)

I like your idea! With the number of steps thing. That would be so much better.

As for compatibility issues, maybe there will be special bag inside of the pack for it. (Remember how there was a berry bag and a TM/Move bag for FrLg?) They could have the bag for Apricorns in this game except not allow Pokemon to hold it while trading.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I like your idea! With the number of steps thing. That would be so much better.

As for compatibility issues, maybe there will be special bag inside of the pack for it. (Remember how there was a berry bag and a TM/Move bag for FrLg?) They could have the bag for Apricorns in this game except not allow Pokemon to hold it while trading.

I was actually thinking about something like that too! But what about once the apricorns become pokeballs... Will they be kept in their own special "Apricorn Pokeball Case"?

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    I don't see how people can dislike the new balls. Yes, they changed the names around (Quick Ball could've really stayed Quick Ball). But seriously, the Dusk Ball is friggin' cool (did the Moon Ball have that cloud of shadow? No), the Net Ball made the Lure and Nest Ball obsolete (though I wouldn't have minded that staying the same way; it'd be cool to have a special bug ball), and the additions of the Time Ball, Dive Ball (bubbles), Premier Ball (impractical but showy) and Heal Ball (bleh) are wonderful for making your non-bred Pokemon feel more special. The Love and Heavy Balls are sorely missed, but we won't die without 'em. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do with this. Plus, I always enjoyed Kurt. He made me laugh and gave me stuff, and worked for peanuts.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Wow, what a speculation this is turning into!
    I think replacing the good ol' Apricorn-made balls with DPPt balls would be very, very unresponsible by Nintendo (Anyone might just attack them in anger because of their unresponsibility), but as they cover up the Kurt balls pretty well (except for Moon ball/Heavy ball :cer_love:), they just might have a replacement-plan, maybe the marts of Sinnoh just imported the balls from professional ball makers like Kurt, but then, why change their names/appearence (don't make me come up there, Nintendo!!!!)?
    Anyway, we'll just see when HGSS comes out *excited*

EDIT: just read post above, just couldn't stop laughing about he doing work for "peanuts" (apricorns) XD

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    As seems to be the general consensus here, I'm hoping that all the balls will be the same as their GSC. Heavy Balls and Moon Balls... Brings back memories! n.n I would imagine that they would be using the old GSC balls but I suppose it wouldn't be too big of a surprise if they simply used the fancy shmancy ones from DPPt. Personally though I hope they integrate the old ones!

As for compatability issues, all the previous suggestions could work... I was also thinking that they could make them to be their newer counterparts when trading to DPPt... Like a Moon Ball would be changed to a Dusk Ball while in transit from HGSS to DPPt, etc. The other suggestions sound much more plausible though! x3

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    As seems to be the general consensus here, I'm hoping that all the balls will be the same as their GSC. Heavy Balls and Moon Balls... Brings back memories! n.n I would imagine that they would be using the old GSC balls but I suppose it wouldn't be too big of a surprise if they simply used the fancy shmancy ones from DPPt. Personally though I hope they integrate the old ones!

As for compatability issues, all the previous suggestions could work... I was also thinking that they could make them to be their newer counterparts when trading to DPPt... Like a Moon Ball would be changed to a Dusk Ball while in transit from HGSS to DPPt, etc. The other suggestions sound much more plausible though! x3
    Yeah, I thought 'bout that too...

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    They are probably going to replace the GSC balls with the net ball, quick ball, dusk ball and the others.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Now you're making me sad:cer_cry:

It's not that big of a deal. It's the same balls with different names. Pretty much everything else in G/S/C will remain the same. I fine with with Gamefreak cutting out the Apricorn Balls if it's to help compatibility.

Years
    Not all the old ones have the same effects as the new ones.

Apricorns (What ball?) Effect.

Red Apricorns (Level Balls) Catch rate if the player's current Pokémon's level is:

* The same or lower than the wild Pokémon's: 1×
    * Higher than the wild Pokémon's: 2×;
    * Double or more than that of the wild Pokémon's: 4×;
    * Four times as much or higher: 8×

Blue Apricorn (For a Lure Ball) Wild Pokémon must be hooked by a Fishing rod. (3x catch rate)
    Yellow Apricorn (For a Moon Ball) Only if the wild Pokémon evolves with a Moon Stone. (IT IS NOT THE SAME AS THE DUSK BALL! Dusk ball is for catching Pokemon at night where as a Moon Ball catches a Pokemon that can evolve using a Moon Stone such as Clefairy.)
    Green Apricorn (Friend Ball) The wild Pokémon has a happiness value of 200 after being caught. Catch rate is 1.5X
    White Apricorn (Fast Ball) If the wild Pokémon is one that flees from battles. (For example, Abra, Magnemite, Grimer, Tangela, Mr. Mime, Eevee, Porygon, Dratini, Dragonair, Quagsire, Entei, Suicune and Raikou.)
    Black Apricorn (Heavy Ball) Catch rate if the wild Pokémon is:

* Between 100kg* and 200kg*: +0
    * Between 200kg* and 300kg*: +20
    * More than 300kg*: +30
    * Under 100kg*: -30
    Pink Apricorn (Love Ball) If the player's current Pokémon and the wild Pokémon
    have opposite genders.

Not to mention these Pokeballs have a different appearance compared to the new ones.

(This is where I got my info on different kinds of Pokeballs:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poké_Ball)

Hopefully, we can get our own Pokeballs back.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Well i really dont see a reason for them not to include the old pokeballs. i thought they were really interesting actually and a big improvement from pokeball, great ball, ultra ball and master ball from R/B/Y xD

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Woah, thank you GymLeaderLily!!!! I think adding all of the information about each of the Apricorn Pokeballs was a really nice addition. I hope people now realize that they are different from the new pokeballs. :)

If they did not put that in then we would riot...right pokefans...right?

Absolutely Right! hahaha that would be funny

Last edited:

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I think they'll just use him to remake the 4th gen "specialized" Pokeballs. There'd be compatibility issues between HgSs and DPPt otherwise. It's less fun and less true to the original, but it makes more sense technologically

Back