• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Apricorn Thread

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I thought I saw somewhere that they found the data for the Apricorn Balls in the programing for DPP games. That was one reason why people were thinking that there was going to be a GS remake.

I would like to see the Apricorn Balls. THey may have taken a day to make but they were worth it. Having a stockpile of Heavy Balls on you made it much easier to catch those heavy legendaries. Much better then that no good Timer Ball. Nothing against the Timer Ball but yeah....

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I thought I saw somewhere that they found the data for the Apricorn Balls in the programing for DPP games. That was one reason why people were thinking that there was going to be a GS remake.

I would like to see the Apricorn Balls. THey may have taken a day to make but they were worth it. Having a stockpile of Heavy Balls on you made it much easier to catch those heavy legendaries. Much better then that no good Timer Ball. Nothing against the Timer Ball but yeah....

Timer Balls would be awful against the Legendary Beasts. They fled the first turn which made me >: (

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I think they'll keep the same Pokeballs, and possibly add some new ones.

I can't see them taking them out, I mean, why remove a good feature?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    It would be awesome to have the original ball types obtainable from the aprikorns... but chances are you'll get the new ball types seeing as that would probably be too many types to include all of them. And if you think about it... most of the new ball types are similar to the old g/s/c/ ball types

also I hope that you can do what was possible in crystal and get more than one ball a day... if you had the aprikorns for it

giancarloparimango11

Youtube's #1 Pokemon Source!
    Years
    Confirmed

In One Of The Recent CoroCoro Scans, The Apricot Tree Was Shown Next To Kurt's House. The Apricot Tree Was Also Seen In The First Japanese Trailer

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    I persoanlly dont think they will keep all of them, for compatability issues with other games, but I am happy that they are at least adding them in. Hoping to see some even newer balls :p

King~

Thinking_Of_A_Usertitle :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    They're going to be there, but I really don't want them ;; They should replace all Apricorns with berries to avoid any compatibility issues with DPPt. Either way, I prefer berries better, since all Apricorns do is get carved into PokeBalls :/ Berries have way more useful features like getting blended into poffins and stuff.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    They're going to be there, but I really don't want them ;; They should replace all Apricorns with berries to avoid any compatibility issues with DPPt. Either way, I prefer berries better, since all Apricorns do is get carved into PokeBalls :/ Berries have way more useful features like getting blended into poffins and stuff.
    Personally, I don't like poffins/Pokeblocks that much anyways, and berry planting isn't for me, so for me, berries are for interact with Pokémon Purpose only, and so I'd like Apricorns, just so that I have a good use for these plants.

That didn't make sense at all, did it? :cer_shifty:

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I have always got only that first ball that Kurt gives to you after you win Team Rocket at Slowpoke Well. And if I have had too much time I have been there second time to have that ball what becomes from Wht Apricorn, I don't remember what's balls name. But I still like that apricorns are in HG/SS because those things belongs to those games. I don't use time for them but I don't know about others. I always use same balls (Poké Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, maybe sometimes Timer Ball, Quick Ball and Dusk Ball and never Master Ball).

Years
    Keep the Apricorns and keep the original Pokeballs used in Gold and Silver. It would be silly to make a person wait an entire day for a Pokeball they can easily obtain in Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. I'll wait a day to use a Moon ball (which is used for Pokemon that evolve through a Moon Stone ex. Clefairy) rather than wait a day for a Dusk Ball (A pokeball used to catch pokemon in caves or at night.) Kurt's house is there for a reason. If you don't want to have the Apricorn balls, you don't have to.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    God if we have to wait a day for these balls, I'll just ignore it like I did when they came out. I like the idea that somebody had of a step count to make the ball. However, if we had to wait a day then maybe it would be a good idea to give us the balls in bulk. Like 5 or 10 per apricorn. Another possibility could be that they allow us to give him more than one apricorn a day, and then we can pick up all of our balls the next day.

Oh and here's a question.

Are these balls like, close to master ball status as long sa you lower the hp and have status infliction? Loads of people are talking about heavy ball in particular (to catch legendaries) so I'm under the assumption that you either have massive patience or the balls are really good.

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
    My bet's on the apricorns being used to create the new specialty Poke Balls, but then make them difficult to find otherwise (ie a few hidden on the maps, prizes, etc, but not bought from stores). I do hope they reduce the waiting time for the balls (or let you drop off many apricorns like in Crystal), though.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Most likely, like Platinum Orb(I hate using its English name, "Griseous Orb"), The Pokeballs themselves can be traded between HG/SS(As Platiunum Orb can be traded between Platinums)

Actually, the griseous is unequiped and Giratina reverted to his D/P form (can't remember name) upon entering the trading/battling room. But you're probably right, If they decide to use the balls made by Kurt in the original titles that's how it would work, but honestly I think they're going to replace those with the newer balls we find in D/P/PT.

Haha. That was funny...

At least I'm not the only one with my mind in the gutter!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You wouldnt be buying the same product though.

Back