• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Apricorn Thread

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    At least I'm not the only one with my mind in the gutter!
    I support HGSS Apricorn Balls.
    Apricorn Thread

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    The one thing I'm curious about for those who think Apricorns will definitely be in HgSs, how will they handle the Pokeball on a Pokemon's status screen that shows what ball it was caught in? It's something that can't be changed like equipped items can (unless you cheat but that doesn't count), and we know that the data for Kurt's special Pokeballs isn't in DPPt, otherwise hackers would have found it like they found the Johto location data and Gold/Silver Hometown data. Making Apricorn ball-caught Pokemon untradeable to DPPt would be kind of silly, so I don't think that'll happen either.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Well...for compatibility issues there is 2 ways of solving this problem.
    1. upon trading to D/P/Pt the apricot ball is replaced with a pokeball.
    2. Upon first connection with D/P/Pt, HG/SS sends a download to the games, once downloaded D/P/Pt will be able to view the new Pokeballs, D/P/Pt will then do this to other D/P/Pt games. The reason that this is possible is because, in D/P/Pt, there is programed information for apricots, that is 1 of the many reason why HG/SS was predicted.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    So...I sought out this threat and bumped it because.....Serebii has confirmed that the Apricorns are back!

https://serebii.net/index2.shtml

I personally love the idea of being able to grow the Apricorns in a portable container. I always remember it being a pain to run/fly/bike all over Johto seeking out my one Apricorn a day from each tree.

Who else is excited that they're back?!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I am absolutely 100% happy that they are back! This is one of the features that stood out to me in the old game. And the fact that they are bringing back the special pokeballs is even better!!!!! And the portable container?! SICK!!! It is such a great idea!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I was hoping that they would come back, I love the Apricorns, even though I never took them to Kurt because I was too lazy.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Yay it was comfirmed so they will be in hg ss

Genghoul

Composer & Aspiring ROM Hacker
    Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    I figure since that Platinum and HG/SS were probably in production around the same time, the balls will be able to exist in Platinum. Not so sure about Diamond and Pearl, however.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    ^I don't think so, otherwise hackers would have found the data for Apricorn Balls within the games.

They'll probably do like someone else said and just have it appear as a standard Pokeball. That'd make the most sense. Though it's hard to say, maybe there'll be some sort of update to make the games recognize the new Balls (though that'd seem odd since they didn't do so for new forms).

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
    i think that growing the Pokéballs yourself is kind of silly. Kurt doesn't even grow them. he builds them. in my personal opinion, kurt should be the only one with the balls.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
    I love those Pokeballs! So cool looking. Especially the Love ball! I can't wait for Hg/SS to come out now. I've never had a chance to try apricorn balls because Johto is the one region I don't have the game for. Thanks for posting the link to the scans!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wonder what purpose Kurt will have now. Maybe it will be for him to give u the container.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I wonder what purpose Kurt will have now. Maybe it will be for him to give u the container.

He'll probably give you the container so you can grow Apricorns for him to make into Balls.

bian

Years
    Now that the Apricorn Balls were revealed, will the Gen III and Gen IV Pokeballs will still be in?

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Now that the Apricorn Balls were revealed, will the Gen III and Gen IV Pokeballs will still be in?

I don't see why not. FRLG had coding for all the key items RSE, even though none of them appeared in game.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Neat-o. I guess I was wrong. And I'm glad of it. I think they should have expanded the Moon Ball to work on all stone evolvers, though.

I wonder how you can trade from Johto, unless there was coding for the Apriballs in capture data, or maybe they revert to Pokeballs?

Back