• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Apricorn Thread

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    >:(

ApriCORNs,

not ApriCOTs.

I take a fence to that.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Apricorns are now also used to boost PokeThalon stats as berries do for Contests. I wish there were more Apricorns now.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
    You don't grow balls. WTF. You grow the Apricorns. Once the Apricorns are fully grown, you take them to Kurt so he can make them into specialized Pokeballs. I'm so happy they didn't replace them with the newer ones like some people here thought. I can't wait to get the Lure ball! :D

i don't even know where i got the info that we grow the balls. but maybe i read it wrong. :laugh: i feel stupid, and relieved. I could've had a V8, I guess.

Last edited:

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    That's interesting... I hope they were coded into DPPt so then we could trade them over

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Hey, Apricorns also make Pokéjuice, now. (Which raises Pokéthlon stats.)

Also, it's pretty obvious that the new Poké Balls will just appear as normal Poké Balls in the other games, since their data is stored as a number (previously from 0 to 16) and the new balls will just be higher numbers. The way the data is stored, there's a capability of having 256 different kinds of Poké Balls. In Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, if the number is above 16, it will just appear as a normal Poké Ball, because that is the default.

This also means that you can trade back to Heart Gold and Soul Silver and the Pokémon will remain in an Apricorn ball if it was in one before you traded it to the older games.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Hey, Apricorns also make Pokéjuice, now. (Which raises Pokéthlon stats.)

Also, it's pretty obvious that the new Poké Balls will just appear as normal Poké Balls in the other games, since their data is stored as a number (previously from 0 to 16) and the new balls will just be higher numbers. The way the data is stored, there's a capability of having 256 different kinds of Poké Balls. In Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, if the number is above 16, it will just appear as a normal Poké Ball, because that is the default.

This also means that you can trade back to Heart Gold and Soul Silver and the Pokémon will remain in an Apricorn ball if it was in one before you traded it to the older games.

Wow thanks for sharing. I had no idea how they were going to make them with the compatibility issues that were present. But the pokejuice is interesting... I guess you could say they were the opposite of poffins!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

I said something similar on Page One:

If a Pokemon is caught in a Pokeball not found in the game it was traded to, it would revert to a Pokeball.

In the data, there are many open slots for new Pokeballs. All of those slots appear as normal Pokeballs when viewed.

So if you traded, lets say, a Lugia caught in a Heavy Ball, It would appear as a Normal Pokeball in D/P/Pt

Most likely, like Platinum Orb(I hate using its English name, "Griseous Orb"), The Pokeballs themselves can be traded between HG/SS(As Platiunum Orb can be traded between Platinums)

But everyone ignored me ;-;

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I think that the Love Ball is a really good idea and is a really good pokeball based on the catch rate and all. Plus the design is cool ^^
    I also like the moon ball, lure ball, and the friend ball.
    I will probably use the Lure and Love ball the most.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Lure Ball is very useful for something very specific that Net ball can't boast:

Easily-caught Dratini and Dragonair.

In RGBY and FRLG, They're only found in the Safari Zone and thus the only option is to use Safari Ball.

In GSC, and most likely HGSS, Dratini and Dragonair can be snagged with a Rod south of Blackthorn.

Dratini and Dragonair are the only non-Water Types you can get using a Rod, so Lure-Ball beats Net Ball in this situation.

Level Ball's capture rate is detremined by how much higher of a level your Pokemon is compared to the wild Pokemon's level. Nest Ball only Calculates the wild Pokemon's Level.

The highest leveled wild Pokemon that could possibly make Level-Ball work to its Max is level 25 and you having a Level 100, as having x4 or More the level of the wild Pokemon's level makes it reach its maximum efficiency.

Maximum Capture Rate for Level Ball: x8
    Maximum Capture Rate for Nest Ball: x3

Moon Ball will also work on Skitty if it appears in HG/SS

Heavy Ball will do wonders for Groudon in SS, as it's the Heaviest Pokemon in the series thusfar

Love Ball is most Helpful if you're trying to catch Pokemon that can only have one Gender. You'll know exactly what to do.

If regular Wild Pokemon can still run like the originals, Fast Ball works on these Pokemon:
    -Abra
    -Magnemite
    -Grimer
    -Tangela
    -Mr. Mime
    -Eevee*
    -Porygon*
    -Dratini
    -Dragonair
    -Quagsire
    -Phanphy
    -Raikou
    -Entei
    -Suicune
    *Can't be found in the wild, but in the Coding in GSC, they get affected by Fast Ball still.

IIRC, Pokemon caught in a Friend Ball have a Higher Happiness level than ones caught in Luxury Ball, but don't quote me on this.

Ah, the Nostalgia.

Last edited:

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Wow you really know a lot! Thanks for posting that ^^

Back