• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Arceus wins the Global Link Vote, much to the disappointment of PC members

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Did ya'll see the GROUNDBREAKING new rankings?

1. Arceus.
    2. Ditto.
    3. Mew.
    4. Deoxys.
    5. Darkrai.
    6. Magikarp.
    7. Celebi.
    8. Rayquaza
    9. Pikachu.
    10. Mudkip.

Yeah I'm honestly starting not to believe this, really. I know people are voting like crazy for Ditto and the fact that Arceus is STILL winning? Yeaaah idk, something doesn't seem right. You'd think the earlier enthusiasm would've warn off. I'm just going to assume how many votes Ditto got, then compare that to the amount of Pokemon fans in the world, there's something not right imo. ;x But whatever, giving up on Techniloom and going back to what I was voting for before.

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
    Why on earth is Ditto #2? Why does Smogon want everyone to get a 48 Base stat Pokemon? So they have less strong opponents? They tell you exactly what they want you to use, and then they find ways to defeat the set they picked out for you.

Everyone should vote for Deoxys, because it's the hardest one to get in any of the games. It has very good stats for each form. It has the highest base stat for Special Attack, and the highest base stat for Speed out of every Pokemon out there. 180 Base stat for Deoxys in Attack mode, and in Speed mode.

Ditto has a fantastic DW ability. 'nuff said. Deoxys is easy to get; that's what Ranger 3 is for. (EDIT: sorry, didn't notice your next post.) I can have as many Deoxys as I have save files. Ditto is much more appealing. Its base stats don't matter AT ALL when it instantly transforms on being sent in. It's a revenge killer, so you don't send it in against anything with a sub (Moody... grrrr).

And Arceus is harder to get than Deoxys anyway. They never even gave out the Azure Flute. I live in New Zealand; we've never had an Arceus event. I still want Ditto more.

And, to the person who mentioned Lv.10 Arceus: DW Arceus are ALWAYS Lv.100. Period. Every pre-Gen V Pokémon has a set level for the DW.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Wtf Magikarp at number 6.
    And it seems a lot of people liek mudkipz.

Gyrados gets Moxie, which is a pretty awesome ability ^^
    And I am surprised about Mudkip lol, what is the point in having damp over torrent o.o

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

And I am surprised about Mudkip lol, what is the point in having damp over torrent o.o

With Arceus in the lead, I doubt it's about DW abilities anymore.

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
    Eh, I was wrong. Nobody likes Lugia or Ho-oh...

And Magikarp's released already in the Sparkling Sea. Now, if the forum that pushed Magikarp up there had voted for Ditto instead...

@Dragonite Scarlatto: Dratini is also released in the Sea. Stop voting for things that are in the basic DW areas.

ryziken

Neutral scientist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I'm starting to lose a little confidence in voting for ditto myself. Seems way too many people like Arceus. O well, I'll keep trying I guess.

I REALLLLY wish people would stop voting for things already released (Magikarp, wtf?), or, for that matter, anything other than Ditto (since let's face it, it's down to Arceus vs. Ditto, nuff said).

Last edited:

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
    I voted for Sheer Force Feraligatr because they missed the Johto starters out and Sheer Force would be a great addition to our lizard like friend.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    SO FAR THE RANKINGS ARE...

1. Arceus.
    2. Ditto.
    3. Mew.
    4. Deoxys.
    5. Darkrai.
    6. Celebi.
    7. Rayquaza.
    8. Shaymin.
    9. Pikachu.
    10. Jirachi.

How do ya'll feel about this? (while I personally have... thoughts about this, lol, everyone else is free to protest to the rankings a much as they'd like :3;)

Why is Pikachu on that list of the top ten?
    I just don't see how thats even possible

Ditto's dreamworld ability is great but only sideeffect is I use Ditto in competitive battling sometimes to transform into one of my Pokemon (like Shuckle and Umbreon) it will turn into the opponent.

:t354:TG

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
    Arceus is still winning... I have lost all faith. Why is this happening? Not that getting an Arceus is a bad thing for me, but I still wish for Ditto...

To everyone who voted for Magikarp: I hate you all. If you'd voted Ditto instead, we might actually have gained something from this poll. Instead, we're stuck with something without a DW ability. For the third time straight.

Come on, people. Vote for Ditto! There could still be a chance!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Arceus is still winning... I have lost all faith. Why is this happening? Not that getting an Arceus is a bad thing for me, but I still wish for Ditto...

To everyone who voted for Magikarp: I hate you all. If you'd voted Ditto instead, we might actually have gained something from this poll. Instead, we're stuck with something without a DW ability. For the third time straight.

Come on, people. Vote for Ditto! There could still be a chance!

...wait, hang on, the rankings are exactly the same, maybe they didn't change? Idk I find it hard to believe that so many people were voting Arceus over and over in comparison to the Ditto voters. :x Something about these rankings just doesn't seem right. XD

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014

...wait, hang on, the rankings are exactly the same, maybe they didn't change? Idk I find it hard to believe that so many people were voting Arceus over and over in comparison to the Ditto voters. :x Something about these rankings just doesn't seem right. XD
    Yeah, NOTHING has changed one bit x.x lol

Years
    Read of some mention that 4chan board users were spam voting for Magikarp. I'm okay with either Ditto or Arceus. Especially if they come shiny.

is there a legit way to get shiny Arceus yet?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I voted for Torchic (Would've voted for Blaziken but wanted to have all three dex entries without having to breed a non speed boost torchic) as it's my favorite hoenn starter next to Mudkip (why did they give it damp? seems like GF doesn't like Mudkip's...)and Treeko (yes I like them all).
    Also I would perfer a DW Pikachu over Arceus if they don't already have pikachu available. I want either Torchic or Dittto to win!

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
    Read of some mention that 4chan board users were spam voting for Magikarp. I'm okay with either Ditto or Arceus. Especially if they come shiny.

is there a legit way to get shiny Arceus yet?

No, you can't get a legitimate shiny Arceus, since they never released the Azure Flute, and DW and distribution Pokémon have a shiny check. Would be nice to have an Arceus with my OT, though.

Back