• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Arceus wins the Global Link Vote, much to the disappointment of PC members

Pingouin_7

'd drop the tone if I were you. Smarting off to staff won't end well for you.

It's a dream world event. A Pokemon with an actual dream world ability should win, since, you know, it's about the Dream World, not one player who can't obtain a common legendary Pokemon that millions of other players have.
    The only Pokémon that should win is the one that has the most votes, regardless of it having a DW ability or not. That was the whole point of, you know, a "popularity poll".
    This isn't a poll about the Dream World. It's a poll about which Pokémon people want the most.
    Too bad, the Pokémon you wanted to win didn't. That doesn't mean we want to see people acting like children because they didn't get what they wanted.
    This is the message I am trying to convey. I am sick of seeing people acting like 10 years old who didn't get what they wanted.

(Also, I could care less if the person is part of staff or not.)
    We had a chance to get something unreleased, and people wasted it.
    Keiran got a point.

If people wanted to get a Dream World Ditto, no one stopped you from spamming the Dream World with Ditto votes (Not directed at you, Keiran.)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The only Pokémon that should win is the one that has the most votes, regardless of it having a DW ability or not. That was the whole point of, you know, a "popularity poll".
    Too bad, the Pokémon you wanted to win didn't. That doesn't mean it becomes fun to see people acting like children because they didn't get what they wanted.

I somewhat agree with Keiran777 (Who I quoted down below) when (s)he said that people were given the chance of getting something with a DW ability, but instead chose to waste it on something else.

(Also, I could care less if the person is part of staff or not.)

The above post is an example of what I think is constructive criticism in this case.

You're acting more childish than anyone on this thread, tbh. It's not constructive to attack and insult others for wanting Ditto to win, it's just...rude.

Even knowing that I don't have an Arceus, I still would have preferred anything else with a DW ability, even Mudkip. Arceus is one of the most "epic" (quotes since he's technically a god even though I think he's dumb) legendaries out there, so whenever people stop picking up the games, an Arceus giveaway will always bring them back so they have good reason to release Arceus in the future, and I'm sure they will. Not to mention that they have a lot in the past, so it's fairly easy to trade for an Arceus nowadays.

While it's still possible that they'll release DW Ditto at some point in the future, it's a lower chance then Arceus because Ditto has to contend with the other 600+ non-legendaries for a chance of release. And more people would come out for an event related to the anime, or really any relevant event, while Ditto is Gen I so only the well-versed people would pick up their games for that. So Ditto is already pretty far down on the list most likely.

Pingouin_7

You're acting more childish than anyone on this thread, tbh. It's not constructive to attack and insult others for wanting Ditto to win, it's just...rude.

Well I'm not insulting anyone. At least it's not my point.
    It's just that I see the posts that came after Nintendo's announcement, and a lot of them summed up to "B'aww why is it Arceus, X Pokémon deserved to win"
    This is extremely irritating. Couldn't people just accept that Arceus won?
    It won't lead anywhere to complain about Celebi, Deoxys or Ditto not winning, or any other Pokémon for the matter.

I don't mind if people prefer Celebi, Deoxys, Ditto or any other Pokémon with Dream World abilities.
    However, seeing people say Arceus doesn't deserve to win just because they voted for something else is incredibly annoying to my eyes, because they're not more important than those who voted for Arceus.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    People would complain regardless of the result. If whomever was unhappy with the results then they could have rallied people to vote and so on. But they didn't and Arceus prevailed in the end. If this is indeed a popularity then the fans got what they wanted for the most part at least the ones that participated in the vote. Not like they won't do a Global Link vote in the future, so no biggy. Yes Arceus may be easy to obtain, i.e. Movie Events, but some people may be unaware or not part of pokemon forums or at least active where they find someone to trade them one. Also I don't see the point in animosity on any side. At the end of the day it is just data that will probably set in peoples boxes o_o.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah I have to agree with that guy that I was pretty disgusted at the vitriol some people here and elsewhere have been expressing towards those who voted for Arceus or anything else for that matter.

Pingouin_7

People would complain regardless of the result. If whomever was unhappy with the results then they could have rallied people to vote and so on. But they didn't and Arceus prevailed in the end. If this is indeed a popularity then the fans got what they wanted for the most part at least the ones that participated in the vote. Not like they won't do a Global Link vote in the future, so no biggy. Yes Arceus may be easy to obtain, i.e. Movie Events, but some people may be unaware or not part of pokemon forums or at least active where they find someone to trade them one. Also I don't see the point in animosity on any side. At the end of the day it is just data that will probably set in peoples boxes o_o.

Totally. That is what democracy is, it cannot please everyone out here.
    Though I am not sure they should do more polls in the future, because none of those future polls will please everyone either.

(Oh, and for those who are interested, I already do have Arceus. In fact, I've got two, including the Japanese Dream World Arceus.)

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
    Years
    We had a chance to get something unreleased, and people wasted it. Let's hope the next DW only event can only be voted on by people with time spent in the DW.

But it technically is unreleased since the other one was an event where people had to go to Toys r Us.

Anyway, kinda disappointed because I would've liked Ditto, but meh, w/e.

Webdemon

Meh! Seems legit
    Years
    Arceus wins the Global Link Vote, much to the disappointment of PC members

That's the reaction of half the of voters who went for their favorite. Notice the fists!

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    GAH! SO MAD! I read about Arceus winning on Serebii, and was about to punch a wall. -_-
    I voted for Garchomp, as it would've had an awesome DW ability.
    I don't even use legendaries when battling, so this Arceus is gonna be no help to me at all. I mean, if there was a chance they would change it, I wouldn't even care what they changed it to. Anything but an Arceus or a legendary. Poo.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    GAH! SO MAD! I read about Arceus winning on Serebii, and was about to punch a wall. -_-
    I voted for Garchomp, as it would've had an awesome DW ability.
    I don't even use legendaries when battling, so this Arceus is gonna be no help to me at all. I mean, if there was a chance they would change it, I wouldn't even care what they changed it to. Anything but an Arceus or a legendary. Poo.

I did everything this guy did.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I voted for Ditto, so it's natural that I'm upset about Arceus winning. But now we can stop hearing people wanting Arceus to be released :D
    Although I can't hold the fact that I own an Arceus and my friend doesn't over his head.

Then again, Ditto might have ended up like Zoroark (more of a gimmick than anything).

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    But it technically is unreleased since the other one was an event where people had to go to Toys r Us.
    it's a pokemon that is already available. It has been released before anyway(look at Japan's poll). Plus the TRU one was better for having exclusive moves.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2012
    Ditto wouldn't be a gimmick like zoroark because since it gets the moves of the enemy it's really creating a strategy buster so it's like "Go! Ditto" Ditto's Imposter //Attack screen// voila you know their moves and possibly their whole strategy. And also I see many pokemon having moves that if used against them is super effective also if it holds ditto's item can't remember the name of it it's speed would increase thus making it quite a weapon unlike Zoraork- (I think what I said made sense :P)

But chances are Ditto will be released and quite possibly Mudkip due to their popularity in the poll that they can use as a secret weapon kinda thing. Also I don't mind getting Arceus would've prefered ditto but you can never have too many Arceus (Derp) But it is true the store event ones like TRU and GAME had Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Giratina's signature move (Forgot it) and of course Judgement.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I voted for Arceus because I need one for my Pokédex. I never had access to one previously. I would of been extremely disappointed if it was anyone else except for a few exceptions, such as Darkrai, Shaymin, and Mew.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
    Well, its a damn shame. Oh well; people wanted it and people got it. Can't do nothing about it.

Well, I get to throw it in the legendary stach I keep now.

Well, its a damn shame. Oh well; people wanted it and people got it. Can't do nothing about it.

Well, I get to throw it in the legendary stach I keep now.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh.

The official results were released.

1. Arceus
    2. Mudkip
    3. Ditto
    4. Mew
    5. Magikarp
    6. Deoxys
    7. Darkrai
    8. Celebi
    9. Pikachu
    10. Rayquaza

Knowing Celebi didn't get anywhere near first kinda saddens me. :(

marcc5m

what
    Years
    it's a pokemon that is already available. It has been released before anyway(look at Japan's poll). Plus the TRU one was better for having exclusive moves.

Exactly. Japan. So the only other one is the TRU one, which a lot of people will have missed, mainly due to not living near one.

Back