• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
Years
  • I personally am toying with some Uber teams, and I am looking forward to have the Alpha pokémon on those teams. It's always surprised me that Nintendo didn't make a 'God' pokémon earlier, and so I'm quite pleased to see him/her finally revealed and I'm looking forward to owning one.

You have to admit though, making a 'God' Pokémon is pretty stupid on Nintendo's part. Especially if the make a Gen V. You can;t get any more powerful than a God, so what is the main legendary going to be based on?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Arceus simply does not make any sense. A half-decent team can take him down - how is that possible? He is a GOD. He created all Pokemon, he should be able to simply blink them out of existence! But I whittled down his HP with a couple of Bug Pokemon and stuffed him in a pokeball! It makes no sense!

Legendaries should be god-like, not gods.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I think Nintendo should have waited to make a "God" Pokémon. If they want to make more Pokémon, shouldn't they wait till the very last generation? It might fit so well with Dialga and Palkia, but would it be a bit too early to make a god of all Pokémon. When I saw it I was like, o rly? I can believe it having maximum stats and all, making it very powerful. Actually, I believe Nintendo should have made it even stronger, since it is the god Pokémon, it should be extremely powerful enough to swipe any Pokémon in one hit. I also think its ability suits it also. Just, why so early in the generations? Are Nintendo planning to end the Pokémon series soon?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    I'll be frank: I don't like Palkia, Dialga and Arceus. I mean...you could see them, maybe. But capture Time, Space and GOD? It's...ridiculous. Nothing against their existence, and their legend...but Nintendo already passed the line with RSE, even if not by that much, apart from Rayquaza. But how can you hope to battle against the very essence of the whole universe and win? I'm puzzled, at least.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    First there were those legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres and as ubers Mewtwo and Mew, nothing really special but now: God? Huh? if we are religious now, it breaks one of the Ten Commandments as I know from school.. This has just gone so far, if 5th generation comes, I wonder what are the legends going to be like..

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Nintendo's definitely running out of ideas.
    God pokemon?
    Srsly.
    D :

Nintendo doesn't make the games.

They aren't running out of ideas. There are lliterally thousands of mythological, fictional, and real life animals that have yet to have a Pokemon designed after them.

Just because you don't like the games any more doesn't mean they're running out of ideas, the games are horrid, etc...

No where does it say Arceus is God, god, God of Pokemon, divine, a deity, etc...

And really, Multitype limits Arceus, in some ways. If you want to use Judgement-Mutlitype, then you lose out on Leftovers recovery, or Choice items, and a variety of others.

if we are religious now, it breaks one of the Ten Commandments as I know from school..

If you have a functioning brain, you'll realize that it's a video game and not real life.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I still dont think Ninendo, or Game Freak, whatever you wanna call it, shou;d have made Arceus yet, or actually let me rephrase that. They should not have made it public, and they should have made Arceus in the last generation of PKMN (if there will ever be one. xD)

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • I think a few of you are taking it far too literal.

I don't play much uber games on wifi, but seeing as its predominately psychic, you may see a lot of ghost/dark/bug type Arceus. just my opinion on that.

Pl0twise, its just a bad mix of religion getting involved with pixelated animals, which i feel is a bad move on Gamefreaks part. y'know that church in hearthome city? USELESS. we'll see how gamefreak releases this pokemon

And in the 12th movie of pokemon, I expect to it be the same as pokemon 2000. 3 deities fighting, a higher power comes in and stops it, humans try to capture it, bad things happen, ash saves the world for like...the 12th time. and that's it.

gotta catch 'em all right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Pl0twise, its just a bad mix of religion getting involved with pixelated animals,

There is no religion mentioned in the games, in the past tense or present tense. There is only a vague reference to Dialga and Palkia that they're deities in the anime.

y'know that church in hearthome city?
    It isn't a church because there is no mention of Christianity in Pokemon, except for a brief reference of the Noah's Ark story during the St. Anne episode (and that's only the dub, I'm unsure if the raw said that).

It's called the Foreign Building (Foreign Culture Building in the Japanese version). Don't believe me? Save the game and start it back up in the building, or hatch an egg while in there.

And in the 12th movie of pokemon, I expect to it be the same as pokemon 2000. 3 deities fighting, a higher power comes in and stops it, humans try to capture it, bad things happen, ash saves the world for like...the 12th time. and that's it.

gotta catch 'em all right?
    It's Pokemon. If you were expecting some revolutionary piece of cinema, gaming, or animated cartoon, you're looking at the wrong franchise.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
    Years
  • Arceus isn't some uber diety that crosses the boundary between video games and religion. It's simply the answer to the question many fans have asked since the begining: 'Who was the first Pokemon?'. Well, now you have your answer and your complaining about it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    'Who was the first Pokemon?'. Well, now you have your answer and your complaining about it.

Arceus is by no means the definitive answer to that question. It hinges on a lot of big IFs:

IF the Sinnoh myths are ACTUALLY as true as the fan speculationists want them to be

And if it discredits the myths surrounding Mew.

(In the strcitly factual sense, Mew was the first Pokemon registered for a Trademark)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Arceus isn't some uber diety that crosses the boundary between video games and religion. It's simply the answer to the question many fans have asked since the begining: 'Who was the first Pokemon?'. Well, now you have your answer and your complaining about it.

Uh, wasn't that question answered in Gen 1? Mew was the first pokemon.

And yes, Arceus is an uber deity. It says it right there in the Pokedex, he created the Pokemon World.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Uh, wasn't that question answered in Gen 1? Mew was the first pokemon.

And yes, Arceus is an uber deity. It says it right there in the Pokedex, he created the Pokemon World.

No. IT says In Mythology. Myths are just stories. They are not based on fact and are often told to explain the unknown or teach a lesson rather than pass down history.

which in turn created Mew whom in turn gave birth to all other Pokemon

That's not even part of the myth. That's just rampant speculation.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I too think Nintendo is overdoing this. But it's good Arceus is banned from competitive battling or you'll see Arceus everywhere.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • There is no religion mentioned in the games, in the past tense or present tense. There is only a vague reference to Dialga and Palkia that they're deities in the anime.

yes, that still points to religion and gods anyways.

It's called the Foreign Building (Foreign Culture Building in the Japanese version). Don't believe me? Save the game and start it back up in the building, or hatch an egg while in there.

yes, the japanese version. but who cares about actual terms, its a church. AND ITS POINTLESS IN THE GAME ITSELF

It's Pokemon. If you were expecting some revolutionary piece of cinema, gaming, or animated cartoon, you're looking at the wrong franchise.

did i say i was expecting something else? Simply put, i was just stating the obvious.

Exactly my point, take a literal don't cha? meh

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back