• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    im still having trouble with the gowing up and down the moutian side. it has three layers so the example is kinda confusing to me since it only covers two layers.

if you mean the cliff is three tiles high then you just put the evens at the top and bottom and insert an extra 'move upper/lower right/left

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
  • if you mean the cliff is three tiles high then you just put the evens at the top and bottom and insert an extra 'move upper/lower right/left

ok now do i put the ledge there or jut the cliff floor. no matter what i put it still plays the blocking sound. and yes im doing what the notes say and all your guyses advice.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Why when I run Editor.exe from my computer does it freeze up? It always stops at like 'Processing Line 12700.' If it says it's just Pokemon Essentials, is it done, and I close it, because I thought it would start a visual menu for editting things? Or do I start it by trying to 'Test Play' my project?

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
    Years
  • Why when I run Editor.exe from my computer does it freeze up? It always stops at like 'Processing Line 12700.' If it says it's just Pokemon Essentials, is it done, and I close it, because I thought it would start a visual menu for editting things? Or do I start it by trying to 'Test Play' my project?

You've edited something wrong in one of the .txt files I think..
    But I don't know what because I don't know what Processing Line 12700 means because there are multiple options it from what could be

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I have a simple question, Has it been implemented for pokemon to level up higher than Level 100 ?

I am including all regions in my game and it occured to me that the player would reach maximum level before advance though all regions.....

PEACE OUT

PS. Sorry if this has been answered before.....

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    "Processing Line 12700" refers to the end of "pokemon.txt". It merely shows the
    progress of compiling the game's data. The best thing to do would be to just wait. Send
    me a private message if the problem persists.

Curt200718:

It was recently possible to change the maximum level for a Pokemon. Edit the value
    named MAXLEVEL in the script section PBExperience (in more recent versions).

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • I've got a strange error going on with the fonts...

You see, I just recently reformatted my PC. I, of course, saved the game and Pokemon Essentials on a hard drive and then put it back on my PC. So I got RMXP back and everything loads up and works fine, when I ran the game I installed the fonts, and the fonts work...except for one it seems. For some reason the font in the Editor is a default font on my PC and the font of the Pokemon Names on their battle tabs in battle and in the Selection Screen are a default font as well.

All the other fonts are working; text boxes, summary screens, etc. Just for some reason those two won't work.

Any suggestions? D:

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • @ Poccil,
    Have you ever heard of 'M-Netplay' or Multi-Netplay? Is there anyway you think I could combine your scripts and their to make a poke'mon game on a server my pc runs where they can catch 'em all, walk around town, other functions i implement for the game, and talk to each other for strategy and the like. I don't necessarily want a super-strength function out of it like making other users your battle partners, I just want to see if I could catch 'em all with my friends? If not, I understand compatibility is a hard thing to do, control, and maintain. I just wanted your thoughts.

Also does Editor.exe, run if I have it minimized. It seems like it from my taskbar, but I'm not sure.

Anyways peace out until tomorrow all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Vampire://Krimm:

The fonts are named "Pokemon Emerald" and "Pokemon Emerald Small". If you don't see those names on the Windows Fonts folder in Control Panel, try adding them manually (go to the folder "Fonts" in the game directory.) I can't help further if they still fail to work.

nightmareninja12:

Pokemon Essentials is likely not compatible with that kind of script. I'm sorry.

The game editor, and actually any RGSS game, will pause when the game's window loses its focus. This includes when the game's window is minimized.

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    I have an problem: When i use an picture as big as the screen is i can't see it, but if i use him in the first event ( that with prof.Oak ) he works!
    Does somebody knows what's the problem?

EDIT:
    just remove the pokemon fonts from your C:\windows\fonts map ;)
    When i do and test play an message comes up saying it will install the necesarry fonts

Last edited:

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Alright I tried running my "clean version'" of Pokemon Essentials, for tuts, and stuff obviously but what happens is it goes from compiling town map data, and the taskbar at the top says Pokemon Essentials but its still black? Is that it, or like I said before does it have a visual menu for me to edit things?

EDIT: At the bottom it says Compiling Item Data.

Q: How long does Editor.exe take to run?

2nd EDIT: Why the heck does my metadata file keep disappearing?

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Is there any body here that knows if there is a
    caterpillar script compatible with "the starter kit"?
    I've tried several, but they won't work with the Kit.
    They do work with original XP but not the Kit...

I really need help...

//44tim44

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
  • Is there any body here that knows if there is a
    caterpillar script compatible with "the starter kit"?
    I've tried several, but they won't work with the Kit.
    They do work with original XP but not the Kit...

I really need help...

//44tim44

most scripts you will find wont work with the kit. alot of the difintions are re defined into something else.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • The Catepillar Scripts are more that likely not able to be compatibles with Pokemon Essentials for one of these two reasons:

1.) Pokemon Essentials has written over just about every other piece of info for RMXP.

2.) Pokemon are referenced as something else but an actor, but that may tie to Number 1. It would be interesting to see a script that made it looks like your pokemon follow you but then you project would be even bigger, because it would need 490+ additional overhead pokemon sprites. :D

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
  • srry if this has been asked...A LOT OF PAGES TO BACKTRACK.....anyway I need to know how would i go about setting a vairable to equal what day it is ?

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    srry if this has been asked...A LOT OF PAGES TO BACKTRACK.....anyway I need to know how would i go about setting a vairable to equal what day it is ?

Thanks
    if you mean so you can do an event that only happens on certain days then check the help and requests thread cos i just posted it there (i fairly sure i'm right about it)

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • Could anyone tell me if theres anyway to add another feature into the pokegear script...Like a pokemon storage system feature...I'm trying to make one but don't know where to begin...

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    Does anyone know how to make a Bicycle item? I'm pretty noobish at scripting, so I don't understand how to do it...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back