• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
  • @ Poccil (Spelling?): If I add an additional Color/Form does it need to be made for every Poke'mon or can I make it for only certain Pokemon? (I tried making a situation but only successfully confused myself.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    could someone go into detail or even post their code for the side way up the cliffs. i tried what the notes say but it just hits the cliff wall and does nothing other than the beeping sound of being blocked.
    have you set the event to player touch or have you just left it as action button?

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
  • have you set the event to player touch or have you just left it as action button?

its player touch. like i said i did what the diagram/event says to do on the notes. but like i said you hit it and you cant go past the cliff side. unless your not ment to put the side in and only the floor. but im pretty sure you put the side in there to.

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    Well the text was already away so i coppied map data and it worked!
    That means one question left. Where i can get the attacks.html?

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • I don't remember any 'Attacks.html' but perhaps you mean one of these documents:

Abilities.txt
    Tm.txt
    AttacksRS.dat
    Moves.dat

I Still have some questions on what I need to do and then I can probably shut up, and start working:

1.) If I add an additional Color/Form does it need to be made for every Poke'mon or can I make it for only certain Pokemon? (I tried making a situation but only successfully confused myself.)

2.) What is 'Connections.txt' or whatever for?

3.) How would I go about getting a script / event system for something like a Ru/Sa/Em/Di/Pe/Pla, Underground and/or Hidden Bases?

crzyone9584

Years
  • attacks html is on the upokecenter site. it snot included with the download.

http://upokecenter.com/games/rs/guides/attacks.html

thats the one that is refered to in the notes.html.

Connections.txt is to connect the maps so it doesnt have to laod everytime you exit and enter a new map for the world.

eg. in the game you go from the route to the city/town with no loading or fading.

for hidden bases i do believe there is documentaion in the notes.html. and i know it has been asked in this thread so just search for it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    what would i need to make a new poke ball?
    is the only script i need to edit "PokeBattle_Battle" and exactly how?
    how do i make a pokeball that uses the same variable as an attack already implemented? (like a love ball and attract)

would the following scripts be about right (i'm still learning how to script so be kind) for a quick ball and a dusk ball?
    Code:
          when PBItems::QUICKBALL
           if @turncount<5
             rareness=(rareness*4).floor
           else 
             if @turncount<10
               rareness=(rareness*3).floor
             else
               if @turncount<15
                 rareness=(rareness*2).floor
               end
             end
           end

when PBItems::DUSKBALL
           rareness=(rareness*4).floor if Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    3.) How would I go about getting a script / event system for something like a Ru/Sa/Em/Di/Pe/Pla, Underground and/or Hidden Bases?

you script it yourself, unless you can find someone wrote one that i don't know about >_>

what would i need to make a new poke ball?
    is the only script i need to edit "PokeBattle_Battle" and exactly how?
    how do i make a pokeball that uses the same variable as an attack already implemented? (like a love ball and attract)

would the following scripts be about right (i'm still learning how to script so be kind) for a quick ball and a dusk ball?
    Code:
          when PBItems::QUICKBALL
           if @turncount<5
             rareness=(rareness*4).floor
           else 
             if @turncount<10
               rareness=(rareness*3).floor
             else
               if @turncount<15
                 rareness=(rareness*2).floor
               end
             end
           end

all i see wrong with your code there, is that you're missing the "else" on your duskball and the "end" marks. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    AtlantianTokra: I think that looks fine. Maybe you could do something a bit different for the Quick Ball:
    Code:
    rareness=[rareness*(4-(@turncount/5).floor),rareness].max
    Also, for the Dusk Ball, you'll have to check whether the player is in a cave. I can't say how to do that and the Love Ball thing without access to the scripts, though...

StrawyBlood

*Learning english*
    Years
  • Please help!

I have a problem with my game T-T

when i try to launch it, it says:
    Code:
    Exception: RuntimeError
    File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 7, key WildItemRare
    Compiler:1977:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
    Compiler:1960:in `each_line'
    Compiler:1960:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
    Compiler:1998:in `pbEachFileSection'
    Compiler:2199:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2197:in `open'
    Compiler:2197:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:3272:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:3343
    And the problem is that the pokemon of the section 7 doesnt have any WildItemRare T-T
    Here is the Pokemon:

Spoiler:

I dont know where is the problem...

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    AtlantianTokra: I think that looks fine. Maybe you could do something a bit different for the Quick Ball:
    Code:
    rareness=[rareness*(4-(@turncount/5).floor),rareness].max
    Also, for the Dusk Ball, you'll have to check whether the player is in a cave. I can't say how to do that and the Love Ball thing without access to the scripts, though...
    thank you. i forgot about the caves :P

well i've had another go at the dusk ball to include caves, and also a love ball
    Code:
           if @environment==PBEnvironment::Cave
             rarerness=(rareness*4).floor
           else
           end

when PBItems::LOVEBALL
           agender=attacker.gender
           ogender=opponent.gender
           rareness=(rareness*8).floor if agender==2||ogender==2||agender==ogender
    (sorry for posting things to be checked but i've just started and balls can't be checked easily through playtesting)

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    How can you change the font to the normal RMXP font?
    I can't find the script section discripted in the help.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You've got the Love Ball the wrong way around. This is how it should be:
    Code:
    when PBItems::LOVEBALL
    agender=attacker.gender
    ogender=opponent.gender
    rareness=(rareness*8).floor if !(agender==2||ogender==2||agender==ogender )

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Alright I searched the thead for the search words (seperately) Base, Secret and Hidden, and turned up few results. Only a couple people suggesting it and another person asking how to do it.

But now I have another question, in my intro I would like it so after the player chooses gender, then they go to a menu or choices for choosing a player sprite, like maybe one of the males from the other games not just Brendan and May. How do I do this?

I also apologize if any of this is in the notes, but I cleared Connections.txt and Encounters.txt so why the heck am I encountering a Zubat in Oak's Lab after I picked up my Bulbasaur?

Better yet, when I save in Pallet Town why does it say Poke Center and why in Oak's Lab does it call it a cave?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    There are no plans for implementing "secret bases". "Secret bases" are not supported.

There is no support for changing a player's character sprite currently.

The metadata needs to be updated after maps were deleted, since they now have the IDs of old maps. Please use the "Set Metadata" and "Set Encounters" options in the Pokemon Essentials editor (editor.exe).

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    I've tried to learn more about Alternate Forms, but I can't quite figure it out.

For my game, I want to have different colored Pokemon in certain areas, just like East/West Shellos. Does anyone know how I can do this?

The Pokemon will have the exact same stats, just a different picture and a way for me to differentiate between the recolor and the standard so that I can set them apart in the encounters.txt file.

Anyone?

crzyone9584

Years
  • im still having trouble with the gowing up and down the moutian side. it has three layers so the example is kinda confusing to me since it only covers two layers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back