• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Oh, haha. I thought that might be it xD Well, no, I didn't touch it at all. Very confusing problem, eh?

Did you move the starting position to another map than
the "intro" map?

If so, put the starting position in the middle of "intro" again.

Hope this helps ;)

//44tim44

EDIT:
Also, bumping my own question since it was ignored:
I've searcehd the thread and I didn't find anything, so I'll
ask it myself.

Is there a way to make a Pokémon only obey while a certain switch/var is on, and to never obey
when the switch/var is off?

//44tim44

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
Hello... :(
Sorry for being a noob
But i want to know how i can put day-night tinting in the battle screen, because i want to put it in my game...
please :)

(Sorry for my noob english)

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
Does anybody know how to go about making a full-fledged "Gary"-type Pokemon Selection in Oak's Lab? I have it working for the most part you can select your Poke'mon. (There's like 7 starters.) Gary should then choose your weakness right afterward, or so that's what I want to happen but then he needs to battle you, with your opposite. How do I do it? (My game features at least 2 rivals and then all your previous rivals, so this is an important step.) Please tell me I don't have to setup a Gary trainer for each starter.

EDIT
Also how do I change or add a background music effect to cities and such?

EDIT (2nd) to Above Edit:
*self face palm* Problem Solved. *raindrop*

Last edited:

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
Still with these questions:

1. I can't use the pbRegisterPartner and pbForeignPokemon scriptcommands. And yes, I tried the newest version.

2. I finally almost got the server up. Now's the problem: in game, it keeps saying I don't have made a server in the Sever.txt file but I did do that! Does somebody knows what's wrong?

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
Ignoring my last questions, can someone make something out of this error:

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:789:in `command_111'
Interpreter:322:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'
Exception: Hangup
Message: The script is taking too long. The game will restart.
Compiler:3547:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3636
Exception: RuntimeError
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBItems::POKEBALL
***Full script:
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(::PBItems::POKEBALL)
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:789:in `eval'
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Last edited:
Years
Ignoring my last questions, can someone make something out of this error:

Exception: Hangup
Message: The script is taking too long. The game will restart.
Compiler:3547:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3636
Exception: RuntimeError
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBItems::POKEBALL

I think your problem is the internal name for a pokeball is POKeBALL. Not POKEBALL like you have it.

Still with these questions:

1. I can't use the pbRegisterPartner and pbForeignPokemon scriptcommands. And yes, I tried the newest version.

2. I finally almost got the server up. Now's the problem: in game, it keeps saying I don't have made a server in the Sever.txt file but I did do that! Does somebody knows what's wrong?

I have no idea why pbRegisterPartner is not working, i have latest release and its working fine. Are the paramiters in the script correct? Example from notes:
pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_Cheryl,"Cheryl",0)

As for your PbForeignPokemon problem, it is spelled incorrect. It should be pbAddForeignPokemon,
but it is not working, a script error comes up.

Also the daycare system is not working, i had 2 level 20 pokemon that are compatable of breeding in for 2days+ and they have not grown 1 level. Also the daycare man says they dont like each other but they are capable of breeding acording to 2 different sites, and yes 1 is male and 1 is female.

Last edited:

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
I think your problem is the internal name for a pokeball is POKeBALL. Not POKEBALL like you have it.

I have no idea why pbRegisterPartner is not working, i have latest release and its working fine. Are the paramiters in the script correct? Example from notes:

As for your PbForeignPokemon problem, it is spelled incorrect. It should be pbAddForeignPokemon,

Also the daycare system is not working, i had 2 level 20 pokemon that are compatable of breeding in for 2days+ and they have not grown 1 level. Also the daycare man says they dont like each other but they are capable of breeding acording to 2 different sites, and yes 1 is male and 1 is female.

Levels grown and eggs made generally depend on how many steps you've taken, not necessarily the time that has passed, have you played your game alot taking lots of movement and exploring the area? Or did you just let your game sit for 2 days?

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Has anyone tested the day care script. I will if someone can tell me how to use it. I could not find it in the notes.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
It's not in the notes I believe but such an event is found in the "packaged" maps. You may have to get a fresh copy unless someone wants to paste such an event.

Question: Is it possible to trigger a Wild Pokemon Battle where you have to kill it but you cannot catch it? I know how to set up battles I just want to make it so it can't be caught.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Question: Is it possible to trigger a Wild Pokemon Battle where you have to kill it but you cannot catch it? I know how to set up battles I just want to make it so it can't be caught.
I think that question was asked earlier in this thread. The Search option works amazingly - I suggest words like "capture".

I won't look it up myself, but as I recall it had something to do with rigging a setting immediately before and after the battle to disable/reenable the use of Balls. I can't at all remember what that setting is, though (script/variable).

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022

Tried, didn't work.

I only copied the actual name of it. I have that add with it.

And I too have one new question. I don't understand the parameters off that Triple Triad script but I need to know them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
Sorry for being a noob
But i want to know how i can put day-night tinting in the battle screen, because i want to put it in my game...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Sorry for being a noob

You can either go with the easier method that requires more pictures (i.e. the project takes up more space), or the harder method that uses shading. Let's assume the easier method.

I'm not going to explain this in detail, because frankly, I don't know. This is nothing more than my intuitive guesswork. As far as I know, this would work (although it still requires a half-decent grasp of scripting, and a whole lot of backdrops/grounds).

Find the part of the script (PokeBattle_somethingorother) where the backdrop and ground pictures (the two circles on the ground) are loaded. Expand on those lines to turn them into IF statements depending on the time of day ($time.now.hour or whatever it is - look it up). Set it such that if the time is between x and y o'clock, use picture "bggrassX.png", where you have a bunch of pictures where X is a number, all of the same background but with different tints to them (i.e. darker at night). Remember to cover all the time in the day, so that a picture will always be loaded.

You could have day/night picture, or morning/day/evening/night pictures, or even one picture per hour. It's up to you to decide how many different pictures you want to make and use.

Note that this won't affect the pokémon sprites - they'll always be the same brightness. Unless you try to be clever and create tinting for them as well (in which case make sure the other parts of the game that display pokémon sprites, such as the Pokédex, aren't messed up by what you do here).

I suspect you'll need to change several parts of the scripts the same way, so make sure you find them all.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Why won't my recover all command work... I just want a Pokemon Center :'(
EDIT: Nvm i fixed it, had to update kit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back