• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Does anyone know how to find the x and y coordinates of a picture?
    I'm working on a remote pokemon storage system, but can't find the ccordinates of a picture.
    I've searched around on google for a while, but i can't seem to find anything.
    Can anyone help?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    yep

I want to change the battle screen. I want it to look like how it on the picture attachtment.
    I think I have to change to change some parts in the scripts but I do not know exactly what I need to change to.
    can some please help me with this.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • @Crazyninjaguy: Is it a picture that forms part of one of the menus or is it a picture that you've put in yourself? If it's a menu picture then the best way is to look in the graphics/pictures folder for the file you're looking for, then go into the scripts menu by hitting F11 in RMXP and doing a search (CTRL + SHIFT + F) for the picture file. You'll need to find the X and Y coordinates in the code but that should be fairly simple. It may require a bit of hunting but you should come across it. Just make sure that if you want to change all instances of it that you find out if it is set in more than one section of code.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Is there a way to refresh the item description in the Bag after you toss all of an item? The list changes, obviously, and highlights the item below the one you just tossed (which is now in the same spot), but the description and icon don't change.

Of course, once you start moving around the list, everything refreshes itself. But not everything refreshes when you haven't changed the item number but the item itself has changed.

I would mimic the way the list is updated to make the description/icon update as well, but I can't find how the list is told to update in the first place.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    how do i make the pokegear use a mouse? i know the script is in pokemon animeditor but i just can't seem to make it work.... please help me

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Does anyone know how to find the x and y coordinates of a picture?
    I'm working on a remote pokemon storage system, but can't find the ccordinates of a picture.
    I've searched around on google for a while, but i can't seem to find anything.
    Can anyone help?

Is this from a Show Picture event command, or a Sprite object in a script?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • does anyone has any idea on how to change the two column window on pokebattle_actualscene script to just one column? I already tried to set @max_columns==1 there also tried editing the window spritebase script...

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    I want to change the battle screen. I want it to look like how it on the picture attachtment.
    I think I have to change to change some parts in the scripts but I do not know exactly what I need to change to.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    In that case, just use Sprite.x and Sprite.y (replacing 'Sprite' with the identifier of your object). For example, if you see '@sprites["cursor"]' being referred to, use '@sprites["cursor"].x' and '@sprites["cursor"].y' for its coordinates.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I have not gotten an answer:
    What script is the new game and continue screen in.

Is it possible to call a common event from a script and if yes how?

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I have not gotten an answer:
    What script is the new game and continue screen in.

Is it possible to call a common event from a script and if yes how?

it's contained in PokemonLoad, i believe. as for calling a common event, im not too sure.

Years
  • Just a quick question. I have a waterfall autotile but I can't edit its terrain tag in the Debug Terrain Tag Editor cause it isn't part of any tileset. So what my question is, how do I use it as an actual waterfall if I can't edit its terrain tag? (the terrain tag for it is above 7, so I can't edit it in RPGXP)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Just a quick question. I have a waterfall autotile but I can't edit its terrain tag in the Debug Terrain Tag Editor cause it isn't part of any tileset. So what my question is, how do I use it as an actual waterfall if I can't edit its terrain tag? (the terrain tag for it is above 7, so I can't edit it in RPGXP)

I have an idea that may work. set a blank tile (any) terrain tag as it was the waterfall one and on the map editor, put it on a layer above your waterfall tileset one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back