• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Create a new environment, I did that, and as far as I remember, it wasn't that hard.
    How do I do that? I mean I know how to create new enviroments but How do I have it be an enviroment that wild encounters are posible just by walking around in the desert?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Ok, I haven't heard a single thing about what to do for this so I am going to spell it out in an easy way.

The Bug Catching Contest script in the latest Pokemon Essentials doesn't work.

The problem is, when the event is called, it acts like nothing is being called at all. The event continues as normal, but when I enter the Bug Catching contest area, the new battle menu isn't replaced. All the Pokemon are still in my party instead of the one I chose, and the timer isn't called either. It is like the script isn't even there. I didn't edit anything about the contest script. So, is there anyway that someone can help me with this? I've been dealing with this problem for over a month and I really need help with this. I'm kinda getting desperate here.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Is there anyway to make the game continues even if the player loses a battle to a WILD pokémon? In the same way it can be dono for trainers?

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Is there anyway to make the game continues even if the player loses a battle to a WILD pokémon? In the same way it can be dono for trainers?

no I dont think there is but why do you want the trainer to lose? is it a legendary pokemon?

WHAT LINE DO I EDIT TO MOVE THE OPPONENTS POKEMON SPRITE UP A FEW. NOT IN OUT NEW BS BUT THE OLD ONE

you can actually edit the pokemon's sprite position by editing the actual sprite instead of editing code if you dont know ruby...

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • On one of my maps, only one, I can walk through everything on layer two, eventhough I've set it so you can't on the database. Help!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Whenever I continue a game, or get past the intro on a new game, my game screen will be black for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Anyone know why?​

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • no I dont think there is but why do you want the trainer to lose? is it a legendary pokemon?

Well, now there is xD. I just wanted to see if someone had done this before, so I didn't spend my time on this without needing it. Pretty easy to script actually ^^. Well, I don't want to mess with the storyline, because you're supposed to stay in the same map if you win or lose.

Whenever I continue a game, or get past the intro on a new game, my game screen will be black for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Anyone know why?​

Hmm slow computer + audio.dll maybe... Rename the audio.dll on your folder and test the game to see if there is any difference, if it doesn't than just rename it back to audio.dll and check the recent script and event changes you did =/.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Okay, how would I go about changing the x and y positions of the player's base?

EDIT: I just edited the x position, now how do I edit the y?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Okay, how would I go about changing the x and y positions of the player's base?

EDIT: I just edited the x position, now how do I edit the y?
    Find this line:

Code:
     pbAddSprite("playerbase",[COLOR=SeaGreen]Graphics.width[/COLOR],[COLOR=Red]192+@yoffset[/COLOR],playerbase,@viewport) # ends at (0,192)
    The red part is the y coordinate.

The green part is the x coordinate, which you could have changed instead of whatever you did change. (I'm not sure what you could have changed instead, actually.)

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Find this line:

Code:
     pbAddSprite("playerbase",[COLOR=SeaGreen]Graphics.width[/COLOR],[COLOR=Red]192+@yoffset[/COLOR],playerbase,@viewport) # ends at (0,192)
    The red part is the y coordinate.

The green part is the x coordinate, which you could have changed instead of whatever you did change. (I'm not sure what you could have changed instead, actually.)

Oh, haha thanks! This helps me out a lot!

I actually meant the y coordinate, I wanted to know how to edit the x coordinate, which you showed me how so...I am all set.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Hey guys, I made it through with my previous problems...thanks anyways.

Yet, I have another one. I tried to set encounters, but,
    A. They won't appear in the grass of my map...
    B. If I set "Land", I'd get like 10 spots of Bulbasaur. I want to erase them all somehow and just set custom rates...I wouldn't have the time editing every single one in this list.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Hey guys, I made it through with my previous problems...thanks anyways.

Yet, I have another one. I tried to set encounters, but,
    A. They won't appear in the grass of my map...
    B. If I set "Land", I'd get like 10 spots of Bulbasaur. I want to erase them all somehow and just set custom rates...I wouldn't have the time editing every single one in this list.

Set the tall grass tile tag to 2, it should work. Well, you will have more trouble editing the scripts to be able to do that than setting them in that way. If you don't have time for a ridiculous easy and quick of doing stuff like this, don't make a game.

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
  • Can someone help please? Thanks to anyone that helps me out with this.
    I don't mean to sound mean but maybe you shouldn't be trying to make games if you cant figure stuff out like this, because its only going to get more difficult. Or its not really going to be a good game lack of features etc,

Here is your answer though:
    look in the graphics folder till you see the main character, suggestion make the icons a little larger so you can quickly browse through with out opening the files but still seeing whats in them.

Another tip trying reading up on coding and through the instructions both normal and advanced and google tutorials and other such things till you have a general grasp and have a chance at making a good or at least decent game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Try removing the Audio.dll file so it uses RGSS's built-in audio; the custom Audio.dll file is still a bit buggy.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Set the tall grass tile tag to 2, it should work. Well, you will have more trouble editing the scripts to be able to do that than setting them in that way. If you don't have time for a ridiculous easy and quick of doing stuff like this, don't make a game.
    Well, I just say, if you use the Editor.exe file, it'd take a while to do it, since you'd do that in every 2nd outdoor map...

I can absolutely do this, I just asked if there's a faster way...no need to be annoyed by that.

Edit: alright, the whole density thing is set to 25/10/10.
    That's how the code in Encounters.txt of the map looks:
    031 # Route 1
    Cave
    PIDGEY,3
    RATTATA,2
    PIDGEY,6
    RATTATA,2
    PIDGEY,6
    RATTATA,2
    PIDGEY,6
    RATTATA,5
    PIDGEY,3
    RATTATA,5
    PIDGEY,3
    RATTATA,5
    I also tried Cave to make sure it's not the grass.
    The grass tile is set to 2.
    Yet no Pokemon appears.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back