• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Nickaloose said:
    Here's my problem... yesterday, i updated my scripts with the new ones from the new starter kit... added my custom scripts i made... everything is fan-dabbi-dozey... except... wild battles dont appear in grass anymore... why?

Make sure the grass tile is set to terrain tag 2 in the database, that should fix it.

Years
    @KAIJEREM: Check the notes.html in the Pokemon Essentials folder... search for 'battles'

Here's my problem... yesterday, i updated my scripts with the new ones from the new starter kit... added my custom scripts i made... everything is fan-dabbi-dozey... except... wild battles dont appear in grass anymore... why?

Thanks :) but pokemon essentials has never worked for me. A message that there is an incompatibility with RPG Maker :embarrass

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Make sure the grass tile is set to terrain tag 2 in the database, that should fix it.

it is terrain tag 2... i checked through and compared my older script with my new one... it doesnt have anything in the new one, to do with encountertypes::landmorning,landday or landnight... i use them all in my game, and it worked fine before... could that be the problem?

EDIT: Aha, moments after i posted this comment, i found the problem... i made it work now, thanx for your help anyway Crazyninja :)

Last edited:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    Just another quick question. I know that there's a function for this in the game's code, but I don't know where.

How can I disable Items/The Bag for a battle, like in the Battle Tower?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Just another quick question. I know that there's a function for this in the game's code, but I don't know where.

How can I disable Items/The Bag for a battle, like in the Battle Tower?

You need to set the battle's internalBattle flag to false. This also disables switching after an enemy is defeated and gaining Exp.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Something I didn't realise untill now, Pokemon essentials has a title screen...
    How do I get it to start when the game does?

If you are in debug mode, then the title screen does not show.

If you publish the game, and run "game.exe" from the folder, then the title screen shows.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    ¿Where can find the dual screen script? im looking but not found this.
    Please help me.
    Sorry for my bad english.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    ¿Where can find the dual screen script? im looking but not found this.
    Please help me.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    There isn't one in Essentials, and no one will give it to you - they've worked too hard making them just to hand it out to everyone for free.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back