• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
This thread will be moved to the Pokemon Essentials thread, where it belongs. Carmaniac, please do not mini-mod - just report the post, and Mr. CK, again just report the posts, don't comment on them.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Hey, im new here and im sorry if this have been posted before, but i been using Pokemon essentials, but when ever i try playing the game i usually get cut off by this message:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'
PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'
PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'
PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'
PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'
PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'
PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'
Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:179:in `update'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

anyone know what im suppose to do?
You should upgrade to the latest version of Essentials, as I've mentioned in this thread very recently.

Years
If you're certain that the trainer type "PkMnTRAINER_Female_Alice" exists in trainers.txt, and that the trainer "Alice" has been defined in trainernames.txt as having this class (check the spelling here too), then the only think I can suggest is that you haven't recompiled the game after making those changes.

Thanks for help, I just misunderstood something in notes, but now everything works fine.
[EDIT]
Another problem showed up. What means this error?:
Code:

Interpreter:509:in `command_end'

Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:191:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:196:in `update'

Scene_Map:96:in `update'

Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

Scene_Map:60:in `loop'
It shows up when I'm trying to enter map, that was previously working with no problem. I have no idea what happened.
I didn't modify any scripts, and I recompiled the game.

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Not really sure where to post this, and since it's essentials related, I'll ask it here. Should I start a thread that basically walks novice developers through the meanings behind the different error messages in essentials (and basically error messages in general)? People keep posting the same errors, and they keep getting answered over and over.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2010
Deffinently

Ya, u should deffinently make one like that. I just started making a game, and im not doing to bad, but that would make it a lot easier!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
When trying to leave from my first town to the next route:

PokemonLunarVoid

RPG__Sprite:112:in `effect?'

RPG__Sprite:397:in `effect?'

RPG__Sprite:396:in `each'

RPG__Sprite:396:in `effect?'

AnimationSprite:27:in `update'

AnimationSprite:81:in `update'

AnimationSprite:80:in `each'

AnimationSprite:80:in `update'

Scene_Map:47:in `updateSpritesets'

Scene_Map:41:in `each'

I used the visual editor and made sure the edges matched up, but still got this.

Maruno

Years
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Hello again.
I need help with the lottery.
Could anyone give me a daily lottery system for my Pokemon game, with prizes handed out on console games?.
Another question, how I can make an event or switch is reactivated every day?
So I need the days to the Apricorn.
Thanks

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Last edited:
Years
Exception: Errno::EINVAL
SpriteWindow:732:in `chdir'
SpriteWindow:732:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:201:in `new'
SpriteWindow:201:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:235:in `new'
SpriteWindow:235:in `pbGetAutotile'
Spriteset_Map:132:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
Spriteset_Map:130:in `each'
Spriteset_Map:130:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
AnimationSprite:42:in `shadow_initialize'
I do not speak English very well because the Koreans do.
Please fix the errors.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
Are we forced to use .mid BGM to get it to loop properly? I spent a ton of time to make sure that my .mp3s don't cut out so they loop correctly. So I import them and play them in a battle, and there's a delay before it loops again. Is there any way to correct this, or am I forced to use .mid?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Are we forced to use .mid BGM to get it to loop properly? I spent a ton of time to make sure that my .mp3s don't cut out so they loop correctly. So I import them and play them in a battle, and there's a delay before it loops again. Is there any way to correct this, or am I forced to use .mid?

You can edit an mp3 to loop better by editing it in a free program called Audacity.

Google it and download it. It will help you a lot. Just highlight and delete the straight lines that appear in the audio at the beginning and the end.

Can anyone help me with a major bug?

Apparently when the foe uses the move "Knock Off", it physically destroys the item, rather than place it in your bag. This is very serious, and I want to know if anyone has a fix for this. I don't want to have to upgrade my Pokemon Essentials script as I heavily modified it already.

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
You can edit an mp3 to loop better by editing it in a free program called Audacity.

Google it and download it. It will help you a lot. Just highlight and delete the straight lines that appear in the audio at the beginning and the end.

Can anyone help me with a major bug?

Apparently when the foe uses the move "Knock Off", it physically destroys the item, rather than place it in your bag. This is very serious, and I want to know if anyone has a fix for this. I don't want to have to upgrade my Pokemon Essentials script as I heavily modified it already.
I'm just sort of throwing this idea out there, but you should be able to modify the script that deals with the move knock off to include a line that adds the item to the bag (like the pbRecieveItem command, except I think there's a silent version). If I get around to looking at it, I'll post a more specific solution.

Years
What means this error?
Spoiler:

I checked Wiki and Reading error messeages thread but I couldn't find the answer. It just happens on one map, what's wrong?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
What means this error?
Spoiler:

I checked Wiki and Reading error messeages thread but I couldn't find the answer. It just happens on one map, what's wrong?
Check the events on that map. You may have one that makes an invalid script call or something like that (and it's autorun or parallel process if you get the error immediately). Try to find what you think might be causing the problem, so that we can help you sort it out better.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Two things, and I know one has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer >>;

How do I change the Day/Night settings? I was playing at about 2PM yesterday and it was already night-time in-game. I assume it's a global switch (I saw this on the wiki), but I don't exactly know where to find it...

Second: I am using Fakemon AND real Pokemon in my game, so my numbers go over the regular 493 in the PBS file, however 494 and up (I can't remember to which number EXACTLY) have party icons already. My question is, how do I change it so that those party icons are assigned to different numbers without renumbering my fakemon?

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
I have a doubt with editor.exe and metadata.txt.
What is SNAPEDGES What HEALING POINT?
Please help me, because no progress because of this.
Thanks

Maruno

Years
Two things, and I know one has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer >>;

How do I change the Day/Night settings? I was playing at about 2PM yesterday and it was already night-time in-game. I assume it's a global switch (I saw this on the wiki), but I don't exactly know where to find it...

Second: I am using Fakemon AND real Pokemon in my game, so my numbers go over the regular 493 in the PBS file, however 494 and up (I can't remember to which number EXACTLY) have party icons already. My question is, how do I change it so that those party icons are assigned to different numbers without renumbering my fakemon?
Day/night supposedly depends on your computer's clock (not a switch), although I've been having weird things happen with the illumination too. I don't know what the problem is.

Those extra icons that come with Essentials with numbers above 493 are just there for completeness. They are not used for anything, and you can safely replace them with your fakemon icons. Note that you should probably rename them instead, though, as currently most Pokémon with alternate forms don't actually have usable icons to go with them.

I have a doubt with editor.exe and metadata.txt.
What is SNAPEDGES What HEALING POINT?
Please help me, because no progress because of this.
Thanks
The wiki can answer both of those questions. And given they're both optional settings, that's no excuse for not being able to continue with your game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
You should upgrade to the latest version of Essentials, as I've mentioned in this thread very recently.

I have the exact same problem, and the script seems to be calling data from a windows widget that is for Vista not WinXP...

Also, I have the latest version

The exact error is this:

Pokemon Essentials

PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'

PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'

PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'

PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'

PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'

Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:179:in `update'

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

I am not that great at scripting but I tried to deduce the problem. The line of code in question is really 289:

wcache=ENV["LOCALAPPDATA"]+"\\Microsoft\\Windows Sidebar\\Cache\\168522d5-1082-4df2-b2f6-9185c31f9472"

I believe it's trying to get weather data from a Vista widget that XP users won't have on their system. I tried to use an older version of the game and it works fine, is there any way somebody could cosmetically repair this line of code properly so that it reflects the weather for XP users?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back