• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
  • Also, is there any script or anything that I could use to change the encounters for a map during game play? Say for example I wanted an area to change wild encounters if a certain switch is on, or when a player touches an event. Is this possible?

You could make a copy of the map, and just have the player warp to it without a transition, then you can modify the encounters on that map.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Also, is there any script or anything that I could use to change the encounters for a map during game play? Say for example I wanted an area to change wild encounters if a certain switch is on, or when a player touches an event. Is this possible?
    Example: Give all wild pokémon +15 levels when the switch 50 is on, in the script PokemonEncounters, below line "level=encounter[1]+rand(1+encounter[2]-encounter[1])" put "level+=15 if $game_switches[50]"

EDIT: Oops, its give +15 for all maps, use "level+=15 if $game_switches[50] && game_map.map_id==70" for map 70 example.

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Years
  • Example: Give all wild pokémon +15 levels when the switch 50 is on, in the script PokemonEncounters, below line "level=encounter[1]+rand(1+encounter[2]-encounter[1])" put "level+=15 if $game_switches[50]"

EDIT: Oops, its give +15 for all maps, use "level+=15 if $game_switches[50] && game_map.map_id==70" for map 70 example.

Isn't it easier to use my method?

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Example: Give all wild pokémon +15 levels when the switch 50 is on, in the script PokemonEncounters, below line "level=encounter[1]+rand(1+encounter[2]-encounter[1])" put "level+=15 if $game_switches[50]"

Thanks, but I meant changing the actual species encounters. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Isn't it easier to use my method?
    I think FL's suggestion is a little more practical.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    Day/Night Problem

Sometimes (not all the time) when I warp from an indoor map to an outdoor map, or start the game on an outdoor map, this error message appears:

Exception: ArgumentError

PokemonUtilities:288:in `at'

PokemonUtilities:288:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:287:in `each'

PokemonUtilities:287:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:50:in `getTone'

PokemonUtilities:761:in `pbDayNightTint'

Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:179:in `update'

Sprite_Character:33:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'

Does anybody know why this happens and how to fix it?

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    I am working on a custom menu system for my game and I am working on the buttons. I inserted this code for a pokedex button:

@[email protected] = 380 # to the value of the displayed graphic's verticle appearance
    @button1.y = 20 # to the value of the displayed graphic's horizontal appearance
    @button1.z = 100 # This sets the priority of the button over other graphics
    @button1.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("Button1") # defines the graphic
    if Mouse.mouse_in_area?(380,20,50,50)
    if Mouse.click?(1)
    $game_system.se_play
    ($data_system.decision_se)
    pbFadeOutIn(99999)
    ( scene=PokemonPokedexScene.new
    screen=PokemonPokedex.new(scene)
    screen.pbStartScreen }
    end
    end

I keep getting an error every time I start up the game saying that line thirteen has a syntax error. Line thirteen is in bold. Can someone tell me what the error is?

I am working on a custom menu system for my game and I am working on the buttons. I inserted this code for a pokedex button:

@[email protected] = 380 # to the value of the displayed graphic's verticle appearance
    if Mouse.click?(1)
    $game_system.se_play
    pbFadeOutIn(99999)
    screen.pbStartScreen }
    end
    end

I keep getting an error every time I start up the game saying that line thirteen has a syntax error. Line thirteen is in bold. Can someone tell me what the error is?

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • I am working on a custom menu system for my game and I am working on the buttons. I inserted this code for a pokedex button:

if Mouse.click?(1)
    $game_system.se_play
    pbFadeOutIn(99999)
    screen.pbStartScreen }
    end
    end

if Mouse.click?(1)
    $game_system.se_play
    pbFadeOutIn(99999)
    screen.pbStartScreen }
    end
    end

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Huh-huh! Here's the problem!
    "}" should be ")"

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Thanks Icegod. Now I get an error saying:

NoMethodError occurred.
    Undefined method 'x=' for nil:NilClass

Here is the script again:

if Mouse.click?(1)
    $game_system.se_play
    pbFadeOutIn(99999)
    screen.pbStartScreen )
    end
    end

Atomic Reactor

So, I have a really old version of Essentials, and have no motive of changing editions...
    So I was hoping someone could tell me how to edit the Scene_Intro scripts so it shows Pic_1 for a tad longer than it usually does....

This is the current code
    Spoiler:

Anyone have any idea how to edit this? :/

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    does someone know how i could change my game to the standard ds size, and what size is the ds size. thx.
    flamemaster~

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    Summary Screen

I was wondering if it was possible to expand the summary screen for abilities using Pokemon Essentials. I am trying to expand the abilities box to two lines so that some of the new abilities will fit. An example showing my issue is in the attachments if I wasn't very clear above.

thepsynergist

Years
  • So, I have a really old version of Essentials, and have no motive of changing editions...
    So I was hoping someone could tell me how to edit the Scene_Intro scripts so it shows Pic_1 for a tad longer than it usually does....

This is the current code
    Spoiler:

Anyone have any idea how to edit this? :/

If I had to guess, I'd say just fiddle around with the code anywhere where it says speed. Test out a few numbers. If you notice a change, than you found the right line of code.

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    hey peoples

So I've been writing a script for a custom menu for my game and I have the buttons all set, but I keep getting an error saying:

Script 'Dual Screen' line 102: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'mouse_in_area?' for Mouse:Module

How do I fix this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2011
    Help! Triple Triad not working >.<

Okay. I am not a noob to making games, just throwing that out there. I want to make a serious game about triple triad, but it's not working >.< I downloaded the pokemon essentials, i had used it before and made pokemon gmaes, but i wanted to make a game 100% about triple triad. Getting badges by beating champion duelists, going to the card shop, buying booster packs, but i seem to have a few problems.
    1. After the player buys cards, it doesn't give them to him.
    I tried copying the original event, putting the player in the starting pokecenter after the beginning with oak, i tried redownloading and such. They buy the cards (they pick what they want, and give the money) but don't get any. I tried hitting the sale button, but it says i have no cards. I bought five and tried to play, but it says i didn't have neough. So i bough more. Still didn't have enough. So i came to the problem that i just wasn't being given the cards i bought. I tried new saves, and multiple things.

2. I want a way to hide the pokemon option (looking at party ect) but i can deal with this one.

3. Buying cards of pokemon you don't have. Right now i am just giving the player pokemon they could use , like giving 25 pokemon for the shop to carry, they have to battle for the rest. Ect.

If you have a solution to any of these, please help me.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • I was wondering if it was possible to expand the summary screen for abilities using Pokemon Essentials. I am trying to expand the abilities box to two lines so that some of the new abilities will fit. An example showing my issue is in the attachments if I wasn't very clear above.
    Look in: PokemonSummary
    Search for the line:
    [abilitydesc,176,176,0,Color.new(0,0,0),Color.new(208,208,200)]
    For me it's line 195. I'm not entirely sure what needs to be done exactly, but that IS the section that displays the ability description, so it's a step in the right direction.

Years
  • Does anyone now a way to fix the text box.
    What happens is that after compiling, the text box automatically changes to 3 lines tall, I believe this is a default error, so you should compile your project and test it out too. It's not that bad, but it makes the game look kinda weird.

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    Look in: PokemonSummary
    Search for the line:
    [abilitydesc,176,176,0,Color.new(0,0,0),Color.new(208,208,200)]
    For me it's line 195. I'm not entirely sure what needs to be done exactly, but that IS the section that displays the ability description, so it's a step in the right direction.
    Thank you. That will help so much. I should be able to work it out. Thank you very much.

Sometimes (not all the time) when I warp from an indoor map to an outdoor map, or start the game on an outdoor map, this error message appears:

Exception: ArgumentError

PokemonUtilities:288:in `at'

PokemonUtilities:288:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:287:in `each'

PokemonUtilities:287:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:50:in `getTone'

PokemonUtilities:761:in `pbDayNightTint'

Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:179:in `update'

Sprite_Character:33:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'

Does anybody know why this happens and how to fix it?

Hey, I'm having the same issue. I did notice that it worked perfect in the original essentials demo, and the only scripting I've changed has been the different eggs for different groups. I also have made sure that the editor is set to outdoor instead of indoor when I am outside. Any tips? Also, Dannyboy, have you changed any scripts? We may have done the same thing wrong.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Changing the text speed in the script

Hi there, I'm developping a game since a few days and I can figure out pretty much anything I want with the Pkmn Essentials Wiki, but this time I'm really stuck:

I've been trying to find a variable in the scripts that would enable messages to be displayed lightning-fast, since even in FAST mode it's waaay to slow.

Do you know precisely what file I should check out or even the name of the variable that commands directly the text speed? Several variables are related to text speed, but I can't seem to find the one directly related to the actual speed.

Thanks a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back