• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2008
but is possible change the weight of the windows !? cuz it's too big than the real pokemon games screen.. i like to have the screen like in the pkmn games..

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I have a question about this; what would you change in the resolution script to give a precise window size of say, 548x368? I know all the menus and such would have to be resized, but I can't work out how to adjust the window size. Thanks :)

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
I'm trying to test out my game and I get this error everytime the player walks into a certain area:

Exception: NoMethodError
WindowAndTilemap:1120:in `refreshLayer0'
WindowAndTilemap:1118:in `each'
WindowAndTilemap:1118:in `refreshLayer0'
WindowAndTilemap:1116:in `each'
WindowAndTilemap:1116:in `refreshLayer0'
WindowAndTilemap:1115:in `each'
WindowAndTilemap:1115:in `refreshLayer0'
WindowAndTilemap:1274:in `refresh'
WindowAndTilemap:702:in `update'
WindowAndTilemap:1507:in `update'

Years
Okay, so im sorta the newest noobie in town.

Well Ive got quite a few things together, bUt I want to know what each of these things refer to(needing to be fixed)

If someone can tell me as much as they know, thanks.

ughfdhndmnjnm.jpg

Im fairly certain I know what half mean, But I still would LOVE and APPRECIATE the help.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Fangking Omega: In the script SpriteResizer, you have to modify lines 11 and 12. The Resolution* script only handles centering the player on screen, as far as I can make out.

Phoenixprime (and the tons of others who get the same error): Try adding this line directly above the line causing the problem (line 1120):
Code:
      id=0 if !id
I'm sure there's a better way, but at least it prevents the error.

Zephyr Gale: The line you're getting the error on refers to the Audio.dll file. Check if you have this file first; if you do, then specify more about when the error happens.

And usually, the problem lies with the first line on the list - the others are the lines that line refers to, which may contain an error instead. It's usually best to fix the first line before attempting anything with the rest. Hope I helped!

EDIT: This is what happens when you change the resolution without changing your graphics.
screenshot048fw7.png

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Thanks a lot :) We're looking into reworking the starter kit into Acanthite you see, because it's so well thought out and detailed, and would save us a lot of time - pointless not to use what's on offer when it's such good quality!

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Is there a way to change the animation of the player throwing the Pokeball (in other words the back sprite) to 5 frames instead of 4? When I put in 5 frames, it turns out messed up. Thanks.

phoenixprime88b5

Years
If it's one thing it's another. Thanks for the fixing the other problem Wichu, it's funny how a small piece of code can fix a big problem. I reached the new region in my game and after getting out of a battle and walking across the grass, I got this error:

BitmapCache:112:in `load_bitmap'
BitmapCache:130:in `character'
Sprite_Character:62:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:406:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:169:in `update'
PerspectiveTilemap:402:in `shadow_initialize'
Shadow:145:in `initialize'
Spriteset_Map:27:in `new'
Spriteset_Map:27:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
Spriteset_Map:26:in `each'

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Excuse me, I just encountered another error stating that:
Code:
Messege: Undefined method `<` for nil:Nilclass
WindowAndTilemap:1120:in `refreshlayer0`
WindowAndTilemap:1118:in `each`
WindowAndTilemap:1118:in `refreshlayer0`
WindowAndTilemap:1116:in `each`
WindowAndTilemap:1116:in `refreshlayer0`
WindowAndTilemap:1115:in `each`
WindowAndTilemap:1115:in `refreshlayer0`
WindowAndTilemap:1274:in `refresh`
WindowAndTilemap:702:in `update`
WindowAndTilemap:1507:in `update`

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt

I don't know what's going on with it and I'd appreciate it very much if anyone could help.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Houndoomed - I'll work on it tomorrow, as I haven't got access to RMXP right now. Same for Phoenixprime.

Hall of Famer - see this post, a few posts above yours.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Houndoomed - I'll work on it tomorrow, as I haven't got access to RMXP right now. Same for Phoenixprime.

Hall of Famer - see this post, a few posts above yours.

Thank you very much for this. I added this line to line 1120, 1132 and 1135 to have all problems resolved. Still, I don't know why I never encountered this problem before and it just happens on certain areas... Besides, can you explain the reason for my game to go wrong like this? Thanks.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I come with another question! This one might benefit a lot of people.

Is it possible to replace ALL instances of a certain character in any body of text text with a small picture?

For instance...
gender-female.png

gender-male.png

I think you'll see what I'm getting at here :)

Cheers!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Hall of Famer: To be honest, I have no idea why it occurs... Poccil might be able to answer, but he's been inactive for a while. It happened to me between two connected maps, where one was bigger than the other.

Fangking: I'll have a shot tomorrow, as with Houndoomed and Phoenixprime's problems; I have an idea of how I could make it work.

Man, having two brothers who also want to use the computer and a bossy mum who won't allow us to use it after 6pm (I'm secretly using my DS Internet Browser to write this) has never felt so restrictive. And don't even get me started about school - I'm lucky we've currently got our Easter break.
:S :S :S
[/rant]

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
lol, without causeing to much stress to the guru we currently are draining.
I too have a small question (One that will probably get me called a noob)
But in the ESK, how do you change the Hero Overworld sprites.
I cant find which folder they are contained with-in.
Thanks

phoenixprime88b5

Years
It's cool I was just wondering how this Switch to the town maps works, this is what it says in the notes:

*Number of a switch (in RPG Maker XP). If this is set, the point will not be shown until the switch is on.*

I put the number "1" where I was supposed to put it at and the area didn't show on the map but when I walk to the area with the character expecting it to show on the map it doesn't, the notes says that a switch needs to be turned on, but how exactly do I turn that switch on, so that it shows back on the map.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Houndoomed: At around line 974 of PokeBattle_Scene, add another line like this:
Code:
@sprites["player"].src_rect.x=pawidth*4 if @frame>16
changing the frame values to suit your sprite. Each frame must be 128x128.

Phoenixprime: After looking at the script, I have no idea how you could get that problem. Does the area around the part mentioned look like this?
Code:
if !obj
  @cache[key] = objPath.clone
  @cache[key].hue_change(hue)
  @cache[key].resetRef
  objKey=@cache[key]
else
  objKey.addRef
end
As for the switches, it means the Set Switch command in the events.

Fangking Omega: I can't seem to get it to work - I tried using text replacement with the <icon=###> command, but it turns out the icon command doesn't seem to work. I could script it to show the male/female characters from the font, if you want.

Demonic Buddha: It should be in the Graphics/Characters folder. Use PBS/Metadata.txt to specify which graphic is used.

EDIT: I fixed the glitches that were happening with my new script! Go me!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thanks for that Wichu. But I've just come across the weirdest error I ever got.

When I try to open the game project, a popup comes up saying 'Failed to Load Animation Data'. Any idea what this means? It's impossible to open the project. I never edited anything before this, including the line you just gave me. Would it be best to upgrade again and see if it works?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Have you got the Animations.rxdata file in your Data folder? If it's corrupt, you can just copy and paste it from a new project.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Darn, I think they're all corrupt, because when I replaced the Animations, another popup came up saying something else was wrong.. Guess I'll have to replace them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back