• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
Years
  • Here's what I did:

Code:
       if trainerid==PBTrainers::RIVAL && trainername=="GARY"
         name=$game_variables[48] # Replace 48 with the variable number for the name
       end
       if trainerid==PBTrainers::RIVAL2 && trainername=="GARY"
       end
       if trainerid==PBTrainers::CHAMPION_GARY && trainername=="GARY"
       end

Thank you again Sichlor, it worked perfectly!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you're using the DS kit, wouldn't it make more sense to post in the thread you got it from? Not trying to be rude... But i feel like you'd get more help there. :/

Does anyone know how to make it so instead of the sprites sliding in to place when the battle starts, how would i make it so they just show up there?
    I know how to make it more faster, maybe you can find the answer with it:

Script: PokeBattle_ActualScene
    Code:
      @sprites["enemybase"].x+=4
      @sprites["playerbase"].x-=4
      @sprites["shadow1"].x+=4
      @sprites["shadow3"].x+=4 if @sprites["shadow3"]
      trainersprite1.x+=4
      trainersprite2.x+=4 if trainersprite2
      @sprites["player"].x-=4
      @sprites["playerB"].x-=4  if @sprites["playerB"]
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      break if @sprites["enemybase"].x>=224
    You need to change every one of the '=4's to another number. I recommend 6 or 8, do NOT use odd numbers or higher that 8. If you use more that 8 the black mask won't fully disappears.

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
    Years
  • The Bicycle item doesn't work in 2010-05-07 version of PkMn Essentials, even if I put "True" to use bicycle in any map metadata. How could I solve this problem?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The Bicycle item doesn't work in 2010-05-07 version of PkMn Essentials, even if I put "True" to use bicycle in any map metadata. How could I solve this problem?
    Rename the internal name to "MACHBIKE"

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    Okay this error is really getting on my nerves now :cer_pissed::

Exception: ArgumentError
    PokemonUtilities:288:in `at'
    PokemonUtilities:288:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:287:in `each'
    PokemonUtilities:287:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:50:in `getTone'
    PokemonUtilities:761:in `pbDayNightTint'
    Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:179:in `update'
    Sprite_Character:33:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'

Can somebody please tell me how to solve it!

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2013
    Does anybody know which script section handles the trainer backs and cameras? When going in battle,I want the trback to stay there with the Pokemon instead of disappearing,and the camera to kinda turn a little more to center things.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Does anybody know which script section handles the trainer backs and cameras? When going in battle,I want the trback to stay there with the Pokemon instead of disappearing,and the camera to kinda turn a little more to center things.
    Change only the "playerbase" line in:
    I know how to make it more faster, maybe you can find the answer with it:

Script: PokeBattle_ActualScene
    Code:
      @sprites["enemybase"].x+=4
      @sprites["playerbase"].x-=4
      @sprites["shadow1"].x+=4
      @sprites["shadow3"].x+=4 if @sprites["shadow3"]
      trainersprite1.x+=4
      trainersprite2.x+=4 if trainersprite2
      @sprites["player"].x-=4
      @sprites["playerB"].x-=4  if @sprites["playerB"]
      pbGraphicsUpdate
      pbInputUpdate
      break if @sprites["enemybase"].x>=224
    You need to change every one of the '=4's to another number. I recommend 6 or 8, do NOT use odd numbers or higher that 8. If you use more that 8 the black mask won't fully disappears.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Rename the internal name to "MACHBIKE"

Another fix is to go to the script "PokemonDefaultItems'. and search for the text string "MACHBIKE", and replace every instance with "BICYCLE".

ChaosLord said:

There is no "Camera"... It's just a single, 2d scene. As for removing the Trainer Back, that's kind of complex, but the answer will be found in the script "Pokebattle_ActualScene".

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2011
    I'm having a bug and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or could help me with it. In the battle scene, when you choose which move to attack with, if you are on the top right move and hit the right arrow again, the cursor will move to the next move, but it will still use the second one. I have been trying to fix this all day, but to no avail. I always seem to mess things up more. I believe the error is in PokeBattle_ActualScene and has something to do with the method def pbNextIndex. I would appreciate any help or advice.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2022
    my autotiles wont show up in game! they are there in RPGXP, but when playing the actual game or playtesting they dont appear. I have no tiles over them, just grass underneath and it isnt x'd out on the database or anything. Any help?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Hi!
    I have a problem. I believe that I use the Pokemon Essential of January 2010.
    I saw this: https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Summary_screens
    and I want to fix the Experience bar and I added this (in blue):

pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textpos)
    overlay.fill_rect(336,292,(pokemon.exp-startexp)*128/(endexp-startexp),2,Color.new(80,160,232))
    overlay.fill_rect(336,294,(pokemon.exp-startexp)*128/(endexp-startexp),4,Color.new(136,200,248))

pbSetSmallFont(overlay)
    textpos=[
    [_INTL("ITEM"),196,42,0,base,shadow],
    [_INTL("STATS"),196,90,0,base,shadow],
    [_INTL("EXPERIENCE"),196,202,0,base,shadow],
    [_INTL("RIBBONS"),356,42,0,base,shadow],
    ]
    pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textpos)
    end

But, Error in the Summary Egg!

I did not put this because the RPG MAKER say Method Error in Summary Info:
    drawMarkings(overlay,80,40,72,20,pokemon.markings)

How can I do that it works well?

Years
  • RPG Maker XP

How do make the game allow you walk behind trees; it either makes me walk on them or disallows me to walk behind!

-is there an event to solve this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2022
    I got another one.... I was just playtesting last night and my game just crashed when entering a new cave i had built.
    "WINDOWS HAS ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND NEEDS TO CLOSE"
    send report, etc...

It only happens with a few random tilesets of mine, My Overworld one, and my two Cave Tilesheets. Ive tried replacing my scripts fresh from another version of Essentials, I've tried with and without Debug and I can't figure this one out at all. Any ideas what this could be? Like a .png that Rpg Maker dosent support? but what stumps me is that it worked fine before.

How do make the game allow you walk behind trees; it either makes me walk on them or disallows me to walk behind! -is there an event to solve this?

@EpicRob: Go to the Tools tab of RPG Maker and click on Database, find the tileset that map is using and put a +1 priority on the back side of the tree. This should allow it to appear above your character when in gameplay.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Hi guys, i have a problem...

I've made my character check his pc and he read a message and so on. And now i want his rival to get inside his room the moment i pressed to log off of PC. How do i make an event like that. You know like, i want to put an event, but i want that event to happen AFTER my character has done some other event. How do i do that? I really need help.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hi anyone have idea how ability Illusion could be scripted?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Anyone know how to check the happiness of a pokemon in the party when you don't know what slot its in?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hi guys, i have a problem...

I've made my character check his pc and he read a message and so on. And now i want his rival to get inside his room the moment i pressed to log off of PC. How do i make an event like that. You know like, i want to put an event, but i want that event to happen AFTER my character has done some other event. How do i do that? I really need help.
    I think that's more of a general game development question, but I have a general idea of how to do it so i'll help you out anyways. Create your rival event the way you're wanting, but set the condition for it's activation to a switch of your choice. Then, in the PC event, you can turn the switch on after the script call for the PC. So it should start the rival event right after you close. But, I'm assuming it's a PC that's not dedicated to just that one instance, so you'll need another switch. So, set up another event that turns on a new switch when the player has made sufficient progress (it's entirely up to you how and where to do this. It depends on how your particular game progresses). Then, in the PC event, set the first page to the normal PC call, and make a second page whose condition is the new switch, and include the PC call AND activate the switch to trigger the rival event. I hope that makes sense.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    I think that's more of a general game development question, but I have a general idea of how to do it so i'll help you out anyways. Create your rival event the way you're wanting, but set the condition for it's activation to a switch of your choice. Then, in the PC event, you can turn the switch on after the script call for the PC. So it should start the rival event right after you close. But, I'm assuming it's a PC that's not dedicated to just that one instance, so you'll need another switch. So, set up another event that turns on a new switch when the player has made sufficient progress (it's entirely up to you how and where to do this. It depends on how your particular game progresses). Then, in the PC event, set the first page to the normal PC call, and make a second page whose condition is the new switch, and include the PC call AND activate the switch to trigger the rival event. I hope that makes sense.
    Yes! Thank you! I did it..:D

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Sorry to bother you guys but i have another question. How do you make that Pokemon follows you like in Heart gold? :S

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back