• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
  • I am somewhat stumped here myself, I checked both my pokemon_battle, and pokemon_AcutalScene but for some reason when I click any type of catching tool for example a pokeball, it would not catch my pokemon. It would just exit my bag scene, then return to the battle scene as if nothing ever happened.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    Flameguru Poke'Essential Starter Kit Help needed

I have a few problems I can't figure out how to fix in my game.

First my character bounces over grass, only over grass, and the not the tall kind. I was trying to get wild encounters set-up for a new map and that happened.

Next, I was wondering if anyone knows how to get sprites you make yourself to the troop or enemies or whatever it is to get them to be encountered.

Thanks..
    , J-bug

Years
  • Hello again, I've got another problem.
    When a Pokémon is poisoned, when you walk around for long enough he finaly gets back to his normal status but the text saying he recovered says ''{1}'' (number in the party, first Pokémon) instead of the Pokémon Name.

I've looked around quite a bit but couldn't find anything yet so I'm asking here.

Thanks

Go to the script section PokemonField, and search for this: "poison faded away" (without quotes)
    It should be in about line 1016. I really can't remember how that line looks by default, but you should edit it to make it look like this:
    Code:
    else
                i.hp=1
                i.status=0
                Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} survived the poisoning.\\nThe poison faded away!\\1",i.name))
    end

Opalescent

Ninja Mapper
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Hey ya guys, quick question!

Is it possible to change the menu in game? And what scripts would one have to change to accomplish this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Okay, so whenever i encounter my rival i make it so that the rival music from Heart gold starts. But when the convo finishes and my rival leaves, the music continues to play, i can't stop it until i talk to someone with different music or something.

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Okay, so whenever i encounter my rival i make it so that the rival music from Heart gold starts. But when the convo finishes and my rival leaves, the music continues to play, i can't stop it until i talk to someone with different music or something.

That's easy. Just add a Change BGM event to the end of the Event that your Rival Battle contains.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    LOL!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    "xtPositions(overlay,textpos)"
    I erased accidentally a part of the "pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textpos)"

FAIL! :embarrass

Everything is OK. Thank you for trying to help. ;)

------------------------------------------------------

One Question:
    How can I do that it could not gain experience in a place that is not the Battle Tower?

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey!
    I found a bug about the Experience bar bugfix:
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Summary_screens

If a Pokemon is of level 100 this happens:
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP
    I thinks that in PBExperience find line "def PBExperience.pbAddExperience(currexp,expgain,growth)". Change to:
    Code:
    def PBExperience.pbAddExperience(currexp,expgain,growth)
     if $game_switches[ZZZ]
       return currexp
     else
       if growth>=6 || growth<0
        return ArgumentError.new("The growth rate is invalid.")
       end
       exp=currexp+expgain
       maxexp=pbGetExpInternal(MAXLEVEL,growth)
       exp=maxexp if exp>maxexp
       return exp  
     end
    end
    Where ZZZ is one switch that when ON you don't receive exp

Change the EXP bar fix to:
    Code:
     overlay.fill_rect(336,292,(pokemon.exp-startexp)*128/(endexp-startexp),2,Color.new(80,160,232)) if pokemon.level!=100
     overlay.fill_rect(336,294,(pokemon.exp-startexp)*128/(endexp-startexp),4,Color.new(136,200,248)) if pokemon.level!=100

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Do you have any idea how to fix it?
    I thinks that be in PokeBattle_ActualScene, def pbFightMenu(index) or def pbCommandMenuEx(index,texts), something with index or windowns

Okay, so whenever i encounter my rival i make it so that the rival music from Heart gold starts. But when the convo finishes and my rival leaves, the music continues to play, i can't stop it until i talk to someone with different music or something.
    See the ME part in https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Trainers

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2011
    I thought the problem had something to do with def pbNextIndex, but when I tried to fix it, I just messed it up more.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I thought the problem had something to do with def pbNextIndex, but when I tried to fix it, I just messed it up more.
    I tried before, but messed with the fist choose "Fight, Bag, Pokémon, Run". Now I find the fix that is split by two!
    In PokeBattle_ActualScene, around line 1950 change
    Code:
      nextindex=pbNextIndex(cw.index)
      if cw.index!=nextindex # Move cursor
       pbPlayCursorSE()
       cw.setIndex(nextindex)
      end
     end
    end
    to
    Code:
    nextindex=pbNextIndexFight(cw.index)
      if cw.index!=nextindex # Move cursor
       pbPlayCursorSE()
       cw.setIndex(nextindex)
      end
     end
    end

def pbNextIndexFight(curindex)
     if Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT)
      curindex-=1
     elsif Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT)
      curindex+=1
     elsif Input.trigger?(Input::UP)
      curindex-=2
     elsif Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN)
      curindex+=2
     end
     curindex+=4 if curindex<0
     curindex-=4 if curindex>3
     return curindex
    end

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I found 14 errors in essentials. The majority I found a fix, click on spoiler to check. I use the 4/3/2010 version to test.

Spoiler:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • For some reason when I go into my bag then I click lets say a master ball, once I click master ball then when I click use nothing happens, It still stays in the bag scene.

Years
  • the start is confusing, and walking out of the door makes the game crash. how about changing the game into .gba format so us serious hackers can use it in a way that makes more sense than your editors

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • the start is confusing, and walking out of the door makes the game crash. how about changing the game into .gba format so us serious hackers can use it in a way that makes more sense than your editors

You made no sense bro, that was just a bug. And this is the wrong section. RMXP allows more freedom and creativity to make something on a whole different level then what you rom hackers can do.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    For some reason when I go into my bag then I click lets say a master ball, once I click master ball then when I click use nothing happens, It still stays in the bag scene.
    It may be that you have rearranged the Bag pockets. Essentials decides whether an item is a Poké Ball based on the pocket it is in (pocket 3 by default), but if all your Balls are now in pocket 2, the game will decide it isn't a Ball (it's not in pocket 3) and thus won't allow you to throw it.

Find pbOldPocket in the script section PokemonItems, and specifically the code below. The red number is the Ball pocket number.

Code:
     elsif pocket==[COLOR=Red]3[/COLOR]
      return 2 # Balls

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • It may be that you have rearranged the Bag pockets. Essentials decides whether an item is a Poké Ball based on the pocket it is in (pocket 3 by default), but if all your Balls are now in pocket 2, the game will decide it isn't a Ball (it's not in pocket 3) and thus won't allow you to throw it.

Find pbOldPocket in the script section PokemonItems, and specifically the code below. The red number is the Ball pocket number.

Code:
     elsif pocket==[COLOR=Red]3[/COLOR]
      return 2 # Balls
    Well, I found a few of the bugs, in default items they had it set on 2 but I changed it to 3. But it still does not work.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Well, I found a few of the bugs, in default items they had it set on 2 but I changed it to 3. But it still does not work.
    Leave PokemonDefaultItems alone. Just change the red number I mentioned above, and make it the number of the pocket that the Balls are in.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • Leave PokemonDefaultItems alone. Just change the red number I mentioned above, and make it the number of the pocket that the Balls are in.

No, it was already set to 3 in PokemonItems, but in default items it was set to 2.
    Nvm, that wasnt the issue. But it was set on 3 before you told me to change it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back