• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 26, 2019
Yeah, you didn't remove them. Read this tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=298030

Alright I used that tutorial in combination with KhaosKnight's and it worked really well for a while... I got the titlescreen all fixed (had to add an awkward dot in a tile because, just my luck, otherwise it was a prime number of tiles...) Anyways, here's how it looks now:
25imd6w.jpg

So then I went to change the palette: opened the tileset in IrfanView, exported as a .pal, and then opened APE. However, this is what APE gave me when I tried to import my palette:
2wp5xmw.jpg

Actually I tried once and it said "Invalid Palette", so I tried again and it gave me the above and then closed when I pressed OK.

Now how do I fix this problem?

EDIT: Ok well I just exported the palette to a .act file from Photoshop (CS6) and APE was able to import that just fine, so here's what it looks like! ^^
ljhg4.jpg

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
I have a strange problem. Repel no longer works correctly on my ROM (BPRE). Instead of wearing off after after 100, 200, or 250 steps (depending on the kind of repel), they all wear off after only 20 steps. I can't think of anything that I might have done to affect this. Darthatron's B/W repel system port is implemented on my ROM, but I know that repel was working correctly after I did that...

Does anyone have any clue as to what might be causing this?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I have a strange problem. Repel no longer works correctly on my ROM (BPRE). Instead of wearing off after after 100, 200, or 250 steps (depending on the kind of repel), they all wear off after only 20 steps. I can't think of anything that I might have done to affect this. Darthatron's B/W repel system port is implemented on my ROM, but I know that repel was working correctly after I did that...

Does anyone have any clue as to what might be causing this?

There is(are) a() var(s) that counts(count) the repel steps left. If you mess with it(them), you mess with how many steps you have left. Get it? It's(they're) on this list: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
gogojjtech said:
There is(are) a() var(s) that counts(count) the repel steps left. If you mess with it(them), you mess with how many steps you have left. Get it? It's(they're) on this list: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Sorry, I forgot to specify that I have NOT messed with those variables (actually, is there more than one? The only one that I am aware of is 0x4020). So unless I've forgotten something that I did, that's not the problem...

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
So I got my pokemon added but it can only learn one move by leveling?
Im using YAPE and im adding the moves for the pokemon. Under available moves theres 0 available and i haven't added one yet, theres only tackle by default.
How can I increase the amount of moves my pokemon can learn?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
I need a way to make the sprites in overworld editor bigger :/
How do I change the size?

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Sorry, I forgot to specify that I have NOT messed with those variables (actually, is there more than one? The only one that I am aware of is 0x4020). So unless I've forgotten something that I did, that's not the problem...

Try opening up the memory viewer in VBA, navigate to 0x0202F0F6. This is the location of variable 0x4020. Does it set to 20 when a repel is used?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
So I managed to add my new overworld sprite, the palette is all off though, how do I make a new palette id for my overworlds?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
So I got my pokemon added but it can only learn one move by leveling?
Im using YAPE and im adding the moves for the pokemon. Under available moves theres 0 available and i haven't added one yet, theres only tackle by default.
How can I increase the amount of moves my pokemon can learn?

In order to increase the move availability, you need to remove some moves from other Pokemon then add them to your inserted Pokemon.

GoGoJJTech

Years
So I managed to add my new overworld sprite, the palette is all off though, how do I make a new palette id for my overworlds?

First off, use NSE classic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqy6hog3ardn2re/NSE 1.7.5.0.zip
Second, you should use JPAN's FR hacked engine to add OWs and OW palettes.

How can i compatibilize program to make sure that they will work with italian rom?

There are certain programs that just work with US ROMs. Some programs come with INIs that can be edited. Just follow the format. Use notepad to open INIs.

In order to increase the move availability, you need to remove some moves from other Pokemon then add them to your inserted Pokemon.

This is not true. There's a table that if repointed can allow over 65535 moves possible for all Pokemon (though that's a bit much)

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I'm curious as to why when you import tilesets from other hacks, the bottom half of it never looks like the rom it was extracted from. The palettes and all came out the way they should, and so did the blocks. But when I import tileset 0, it all comes out okay except the very bottom, I find myself manually editing it to look the way it should.

Why does it do this?

EDIT: And furthermore, why doesn't Advance Map display tiles correctly in the map area but show that they're in the blocks section correctly?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
I'm curious as to why when you import tilesets from other hacks, the bottom half of it never looks like the rom it was extracted from. The palettes and all came out the way they should, and so did the blocks. But when I import tileset 0, it all comes out okay except the very bottom, I find myself manually editing it to look the way it should.

Why does it do this?

EDIT: And furthermore, why doesn't Advance Map display tiles correctly in the map area but show that they're in the blocks section correctly?

1: You need to import tileset 2, not just 1.
2: Make sure the palettes are in order (more than usual).
3: You need to go to tileset->load new blocks.
4: Make sure you click write palette changes to ROM in the palette dropdown.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
kearnseyboy6 said:
Try opening up the memory viewer in VBA, navigate to 0x0202F0F6. This is the location of variable 0x4020. Does it set to 20 when a repel is used?

I'm not sure it works that way...

But regardless, the value is 00 at that location after a repel is used. Any other ideas?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
First off, use NSE classic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqy6hog3ardn2re/NSE 1.7.5.0.zip
Second, you should use JPAN's FR hacked engine to add OWs and OW palettes.

There are certain programs that just work with US ROMs. Some programs come with INIs that can be edited. Just follow the format. Use notepad to open INIs.

This is not true. There's a table that if repointed can allow over 65535 moves possible for all Pokemon (though that's a bit much)

But, my Dialga can only have 1 move learned by levelling?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
But, my Dialga can only have 1 move learned by levelling?

You're replacing one of the ?????? Pokemon, right? Those only have one move programmed into them, you can take away moves from another Pokemon (say take away a move from charizard that it learns during level 13, which can't even happen anyways) and add them onto your Dialga to give him more moves. A good tool for that would probably be YAPE.

My question:
Is there a list on the sounds that can be made through the "sound" command? I know that sound 0x15 can make the exclamation mark sound, but are there any others? And has anyone documented a list on it?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
How do I expand the max sprites to view in NSE? Currently I can only view up to index 151. I need to go further.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
How do I expand the max sprites to view in NSE? Currently I can only view up to index 151. I need to go further.
Are you talking about Pokemon sprites? OWs? I just checked and I can go above 151. Make sure you're using the latest version (2.1).

I've seen a few hacks that change the default names for the player. Not sure how to do this though. Are there any tutorials on it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
Are you talking about Pokemon sprites? OWs? I just checked and I can go above 151. Make sure you're using the latest version (2.1).

I've seen a few hacks that change the default names for the player. Not sure how to do this though. Are there any tutorials on it?
The OW's, btw im using firered which by default only has 152 ows (0-151)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back