• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Does anyone know a solution for this? I found out that my rom can't be the reason for this, inserting the tileset in a regular FR rom didn't work either...

Just repoint it and continue with your hack. =/
No reason to complicate simple things. Besides, A-map will erase the old data of the tileset on your ROM after repointing anyway.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
anyone know the hex string for the border color of the text boxes in pokemon ruby

leyn09

Truant Trainer
Years
Hello. Does anybody know how to edit the Start menu? (the one with the Pokedex,Pokemon, Bag, Trainer's name, etc.) I was wondering if that's possible in Fire Red. I would like to change Pokedex display name to Dexter or something like that. Btw, thanks for those people who answered my questions. Very much appreciated. :)

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Hi all, I'm going back and forth into ASM and the main issue I'm having trouble with is locating where the routine is.

Some examples I mean:
- When I open the start menu
- When I execute Teachy TV
- When I use an item
- Any other sort of unresearched routines (not saying the above haven't)

So since breakpoints are only useful if you know the location in the rom, how can I go about obtaining these locations? If that makes sense?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
Are there any difficulty hacks for Pokemon Gold and Silver? I'm talking about something simple that would give the NPC trainers stronger pokemon but not really change anything else about the game. Anything like that exist? I googled it and couldn't find anything but I thought I'd try asking anyway. Also if there's nothing like that is there a program where I can edit trainer pokemon myself?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hi, I search a rom base for emerald with Tilesets of D/P ?

Please go look at the resources. If there's no for Emerald, you have no luck my friend.
But you can take tile insertion tutorial on the tutorial section. Okay? Good luck there.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Seems that I cant make a thread about this, and it also seems like this got unnnoticed, so here it is again :p

Hey guys! First post here, and just have a small question. Can you suggest some ROM-hacks to me that contain fakemon? The fakemon should be well designed and at least 100 pokemon in the hack should be fakemon. Also it would be best if the story was a new one and maybe a new region with advanced graphics. You know about any ROMs that fit that criteria? Thanks, skibb out! ;)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Seems that I cant make a thread about this, and it also seems like this got unnnoticed, so here it is again :p

Well, er.. I suggest you play Pokemon Sienna.
But in my case, don't ask questions like this and go look at the hack showcase.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2017
Please go look at the resources. If there's no for Emerald, you have no luck my friend.
But you can take tile insertion tutorial on the tutorial section. Okay? Good luck there.

So I haven't luck because I already am to go to look the resources ...

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2016
I have a rather simple question: where do you look to find which super gameboy palette is used in pokemon red/blue for each individual map (not the palettes themselves because I already know where those are, but the index pointing to them [byte/word].) I tried looking on guides for that info but its not there, I tried looking for 0x01, 0x02, ... and for 0x6026 but found too many references for them to be real ones. If nobody will help with that then I will need to program a massive array of ints which will eat up a lot of RAM. If you can, please provide the location in the japanesse games and yellow too. I will leave johtomap to deal with gold, silver, and crystal.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 28, 2015
Are there any complications to using XSE's ROM Resizer? Are there any downsides other than the bloated file size? What about with JPAN's engine?

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi all,

i've some problems using secret base's tilesets (30-35). In fact when i edit a block for one tileset (ex. 30), also the block of the other are modified, and so i cannot use them anymore..

Is there a way to make them unbinded?

Thanks a lot, bye :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Hi y'all. My very first post, got extremely addicted to Rom Hacking the past 2 days, and I now have a problem. Advance Mart and Advance Text seem like great tools for altering story without having to redo the main storylines script, while all I want to do really is alter its text.

I know I'm lacking COMDLG32.OCV and COMCTL32.OCX, but there only seems to be guides on how to install those and fix Adv. Text and Adv. Mart for EVERY version of windows, except for mine, Windows 8.

If anyone happens to know as they scroll along, I really appriciate replies.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Hi y'all. My very first post, got extremely addicted to Rom Hacking the past 2 days, and I now have a problem. Advance Mart and Advance Text seem like great tools for altering story without having to redo the main storylines script, while all I want to do really is alter its text.

I know I'm lacking COMDLG32.OCV and COMCTL32.OCX, but there only seems to be guides on how to install those and fix Adv. Text and Adv. Mart for EVERY version of windows, except for mine, Windows 8.

If anyone happens to know as they scroll along, I really appriciate replies.
Try using XSE to edit text instead, advance text really isn't needed unless you want to edit the intro text or something.

While going through my ROM in Overworld editor I noticed that there's an overworld palette (16) used for the female protagonist which is almost identical to the male one. Would there be any problems if I changed the female's palette to 0 and used 16 for something different?

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Try using XSE to edit text instead, advance text really isn't needed unless you want to edit the intro text or something.

While going through my ROM in Overworld editor I noticed that there's an overworld palette (16) used for the female protagonist which is almost identical to the male one. Would there be any problems if I changed the female's palette to 0 and used 16 for something different?

By changing the text under the original "Strings" #org @0x000000's?
100% of the time it gives me a error if there's a giveitem in the script. For some reason solved by adding 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 in the same line.

Even with this it only works sometimes. But I'll try out different solutions (and silently hope someone knows how to run advance mart/text on W), thank you for the reply.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
By changing the text under the original "Strings" #org @0x000000's?
100% of the time it gives me a error if there's a giveitem in the script. For some reason solved by adding 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 in the same line.

Even with this it only works sometimes. But I'll try out different solutions (and silently hope someone knows how to run advance mart/text on W), thank you for the reply.

Just download COMDLG32.OCV and COMCTL32.OCX and put them on the folder
of advance text or advance mart. That should work. If not, I can give you my copy.

Hi, anyone knows how would I position the mugshot
on the right or left side? I only know the center of it which is (X = 0A - Y = 03)
Can someone tell me the positions?
mTMTFoN.png

Hi, anyone knows how would I position the mugshot
on the right or left side? I only know the center of it which is (X = 0A - Y = 03)
Can someone tell me the positions?
mTMTFoN.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back