• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Anyone have an answer for this?

It could be very helpful to me, just want to make sure there won't be any side-effects of doing it.

Its been a while since I've worked with OW palettes, but from what I recall it should be fine. The only complication is that palettes 0 and 16 load into the same palette slot so you would need to change palette 16 to a different slot. If you don't do this then your palettes will overwrite each other when an OW with palette 16 appears on-screen as it conflicts with the player's OW.

Make a back up before doing anything, as like I said, its been a while since I've messed with OWs :P

Can I have two mugshot show at one script?
By using showpokepic two times? Can they show both at a time?

Nope, the games can only support one active showpokepic at a time. You can use two different pictures in the same script but they can't be on screen together.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Whenever I use a nickname script it only nicknames the first Pokemon in my party. How could I make it nickname the Pokemon that I just got given?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Whenever I use a nickname script it only nicknames the first Pokemon in my party. How could I make it nickname the Pokemon that I just got given?

The Pokemon which is nicknamed is determined by the value of the 0x8004 variable. If you want to automatically nickname the last Pokemon in your party then you can do something like this:

Code:
countpokemon
copyvar 0x8004 0x800D
subvar 0x8004 0x1
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E

You need to subtract one from 0x8004 since the value 0x0 = your first Pokemon, 0x1 = second etc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 6, 2014
I'm new to all this rom hacking stuff, but I wanted to try to make a hack of emerald. Except I can't find any hacking software that works on macs... Do you know of any that work on macs?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
You should have put this "]" in the end of the midi. (Should be correct if not it won't work)
Then place the "[" where you want. Then export the midi, it should work fine.

I did that before, and it didn't work. Apparently my problem was the exporting. I must have exported as format1 instead of format0 last time because when I tried last night, it looped absolutely perfectly.

While I'm posting, I have yet another question to ask, and its kind of stupid.
For V1.1 of the hacked firered engine, does the .ips file need to be applied before or after the hacktool is used, or does the order not matter? Or do they do the same thing?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
For V1.1 of the hacked firered engine, does the .ips file need to be applied before or after the hacktool is used, or does the order not matter? Or do they do the same thing?
The .ips file applies all the hacks (also removes all standard scripts) while the tool itself only applies stuff you selected before.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I see what you mean, I used ruby tileset 11 which is the entrance to the elite four which has a lot of flower tiles. How would I go about fixing this? Would I have to use a different tileset because this one can not be changed or is this gonna require some sort of hex number changing stuff?

You just need to put the tiles in a different space.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
The .ips file applies all the hacks (also removes all standard scripts) while the tool itself only applies stuff you selected before.
Huh. Well that helps but it doesn't explain why my shiny battle script didn't work. Meh probably just bad scripting on my part. :P Thanks for the help though. :)

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
how do i change the second frame of the sprites with Advanced Sprite Editor in game i see the normal sprite for the first frame and for the second frame i just see a green bar is there a way around this?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Hi
I was wondering what program would be the easiest/best to use for scripting trainer battles.

As of now I am using Advanced Map and pksv, but I was also wondering what other programs are necessary for a complete rom hack.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
im modding emerald ya know the ones with the animated pokemon sprites well what do i do for sprites with only one frame instead of two

Code:
[IMG]http://s8.postimg.org/rstzdq1mt/New_Bitmap_Image.png[/IMG]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

btw sorry about the big chunk of white on the side

Last edited by a moderator:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
It is the position in the tileset, not the block set, that is causing the issues. When water is loaded, or any animation for that matter, all of it's frames are stored in the empty spaces in you tilesets, in the ram. If you replace those spaces, the animation will still happen, overwriting your new tiles. This is what happened to you. The most common thing that happens to people like this is having the door animation show up like you have water showing up.

You just need to put the tiles in a different space.

I only have 128 x 256 to work with, is there really no fixing this?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
Im not entirely sure but I believe you can delete existing animations using LU-HO's Tileset Animation Editor. This should fix your problem.

Edit: Just gave it a try and tried to reproduce your problem. Works like a charm.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Hi
I was wondering what program would be the easiest/best to use for scripting trainer battles.

As of now I am using Advanced Map and pksv, but I was also wondering what other programs are necessary for a complete rom hack.

Technically, that's all you would need. It depends on how complicated you want to get. PKSV has a generator for trainer battles. If you want to edit the trainers, try A-Trainer or Unnamed Trainer Editor. YAPE is good for editing the 'mons themselves. Pokemon Game Editor has a lot of neat stuff built into it that you can mess around with. It just depends on how much and what you're looking to change.

When you get into hex and tilesets and the like, however, I'm out of my depth.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Look for tiles you can get rid of. A lot of times, tiles are symmetrical and can be flipped when creating the blocks. Eliminate these.

im modding emerald ya know the ones with the animated pokemon sprites well what do i do for sprites with only one frame instead of two

Spoiler:

btw sorry about the big chunk of white on the side

Just import the same image twice... If you wanna get fancy and save some space, use a hex editor to copy and paste the pointers, but that is advanced.

Huh. Well that helps but it doesn't explain why my shiny battle script didn't work. Meh probably just bad scripting on my part. :P Thanks for the help though. :)

I could never get JPAN's shiny code to work. I just use shinyizer by HackMew. Once the program has inserted its asm into your rom, the var 0x8003 controls shinies. It becomes a counter of shiny pokemon.

if 0x8003 == 0: You will see no shinies, except the natural ones.
if 0x8003 == 1: You will see one shiny in a row. (wild, givepokemon, trainerbattle)
if 0x8003 == 3: You will see three shinies in a row. (wild, givepokemon, trainerbattle)
if 0x8003 == FF: You will see 255 shinies in a row. (wild, givepokemon, trainerbattle)
etc

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Is it possible to have a physical and special split in fire red or emerald? I saw apost on it but it didnt help and explained very little thanks!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Is it possible to have a physical and special split in fire red or emerald? I saw apost on it but it didnt help and explained very little thanks!
This post has one for both Firered and Emerald. After applying the patch all you need to do is change the type of the attacks with PGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back