• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I'm actually really curious about one thing.

What's the difference between hacking FireRed and Emerald? What does hacking Emerald offered that FireRed doesn't, and what does hacking Firered that Emerald doesn't offer?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    I'm actually really curious about one thing.

What's the difference between hacking FireRed and Emerald? What does hacking Emerald offered that FireRed doesn't, and what does hacking Firered that Emerald doesn't offer?
    Resources. You'll find more tutorials, tools, assembly code snippets and whatnot for FireRed. It also offers multiple region maps, better graphics (you can change them, but people are lazy you know) and overall, more research for various things has been done over the last couple years.

Aside from that, they're practically the same - both games offer a great base to start with.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2014
    just to be sure, your a-map looks like this, right?:

Does it happen with all ROMs you try to edit? Can you show me a screenshot? I need some more information.

sorry about the late reply, have been a bit busy -_-
    my a-map looks like that, yes, i have attached an image of what happens when i try to change the number of events. When i click the change events button, an "events"-window pops up and asks me for an offset. i haven't tried with other roms yet though.
    I'm sorry i can't give any more information

Years
  • Hum.. Hi! I think my question its simple... haha

How can I remove the Ghost from the Pokémon Tower in Fire Red? (The Ghost of the Mother of Cubone) Im Working with the JPAN base... :D

DreamL

:/<
    Years
  • hey peeps.
    I have a question not so sure if its simple but any help with a solution would be great as I have been looking for weeks.

In FireRed I want to skip the Professor Oak tutorials after the FR Title screen

I want to remove or delete/skip the:
    controls button tutorial
    Pikachu text
    Prof Oak text
    Boy or Girl option
    Re-name character

I want to go straight from a custom title screen - press start - begin game with character on screen.

I don't know if anyone has a method for this but iv been searching for weeks on any way to do this. Any help would be amazing!

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • hey peeps.
    I have a question not so sure if its simple but any help with a solution would be great as I have been looking for weeks.

controls button tutorial
    Pikachu text
    Prof Oak text
    Boy or Girl option
    Re-name character

I want to go straight from a custom title screen - press start - begin game with character on screen.

I don't know if anyone has a method for this but iv been searching for weeks on any way to do this. Any help would be amazing!

Go to resources, you'll find diegoisawesome's patch that skips that.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • hey peeps.

controls button tutorial
    Pikachu text
    Prof Oak text
    Boy or Girl option
    Re-name character

I'm not sure about all that other stuff but in order to remove the controls button tutorial and pikachu text simply apply this patch: click here for the link to download the ips patch

-----

my question:
    why is it when i change palette 1 in advancemap for pokemon ruby which is for red and gray tiles like the pokecenter to a new palette, in advancemap everything looks great but in the game it looks like a bunch of random crap (i'm trying to add a new palette that has newly added tiles which will act as a sandy path connecting two maps)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Quite a simple question, but does anyone know if there's a hex code for the Poke Dollar symbol (
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar_III.png
    ) or something similar? I want to make an unconventional item shop where the player chooses the item from a display stand. Since I'm not using a standard Poke Mart script, I'm a bit stumped. xD Any help?
    I'm probably missing something painfully obvious, but eh, I may as well ask. :)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Hum.. Hi! I think my question its simple... haha

How can I remove the Ghost from the Pokémon Tower in Fire Red? (The Ghost of the Mother of Cubone) Im Working with the JPAN base... :D

If you used the patch, it should already be done. If you used the tool, just delete the script. There should be a script tile on the floor in A-Map at that spot. Just delete it.

Years
  • If you used the patch, it should already be done. If you used the tool, just delete the script. There should be a script tile on the floor in A-Map at that spot. Just delete it.

Any script exist... (I Apply the patch) I'm just walking over there and the ghost appears... Can meabe be some tile behaivour or meabe some special or flag that I need to activate/Desactivate?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Quite a simple question, but does anyone know if there's a hex code for the Poke Dollar symbol (
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar_III.png
    ) or something similar? I want to make an unconventional item shop where the player chooses the item from a display stand. Since I'm not using a standard Poke Mart script, I'm a bit stumped. xD Any help?
    I'm probably missing something painfully obvious, but eh, I may as well ask. :)

Yep, if you're using XSE then you can write '[$]' to create the PokeYen symbol. You can also add some extra commands and make it look even more legitimate.

Code:
    Fresh Water\c\h13[BL][small][$]200

If you write the above text it will make it look like this:

VendingMachine_zpsc09fef93.png

DjinnAndTonic

Disgaeamon
    Years
  • There's probably multiple complicated ways to edit the Introductory parts of a FireRed game, but unLZ doesn't seem to be able to edit that Professor Oak sprite anymore than NSE or the various other sprite programs I've checked out. Perhaps I've missed something with how the 256 color sprites are indexed, but I think it might be simpler to just remove the intro altogether.

However, I haven't found a well-annotated dump of the ROM data, so I'm not sure where to go in a HEX editor to just skip the intro and let the game start at my appointed 'starter' location. Seriously, I don't care about the GameFreak Intro, the Eyecatch Demo, The Title Screen, The Pikachu how-to-play intro, Prof Oak's Speech, Naming the Player/Rival, or starting in Pallet Town. Is there any way I can just replace all of these with blank space and just have the game go directly from "On" to "Start New/Load" and then from "New" to "your PC can move around!" without all of Oak's yammering? I'd do it myself if I could find where all the pointers start.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • There's probably multiple complicated ways to edit the Introductory parts of a FireRed game, but unLZ doesn't seem to be able to edit that Professor Oak sprite anymore than NSE or the various other sprite programs I've checked out. Perhaps I've missed something with how the 256 color sprites are indexed, but I think it might be simpler to just remove the intro altogether.

However, I haven't found a well-annotated dump of the ROM data, so I'm not sure where to go in a HEX editor to just skip the intro and let the game start at my appointed 'starter' location. Seriously, I don't care about the GameFreak Intro, the Eyecatch Demo, The Title Screen, The Pikachu how-to-play intro, Prof Oak's Speech, Naming the Player/Rival, or starting in Pallet Town. Is there any way I can just replace all of these with blank space and just have the game go directly from "On" to "Start New/Load" and then from "New" to "your PC can move around!" without all of Oak's yammering? I'd do it myself if I could find where all the pointers start.

You can edit Oak's sprite by going numbers on Unlz-gba.
    You may know the numbers if you find the tut on the tutorial section.
    I don't think that is possible to remove Oak's speech. But rather, use the patch.
    That skips controls & gender that diegoisawesome's patch in the resources.
    Also, the no rival patch on ep!c's website you can find through his signature.

DjinnAndTonic

Disgaeamon
    Years
  • I found the sprite in UnLz just fine, but it isn't correctly indexed with a palette, so it's difficult to draw directly on it, and Importing an image doesn't seem to bring the palette with it. I read before about diegoisawesome's patch, but I'm not sure what it's called and the search feature isn't helping without a more specific name.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I found the sprite in UnLz just fine, but it isn't correctly indexed with a palette, so it's difficult to draw directly on it, and Importing an image doesn't seem to bring the palette with it. I read before about diegoisawesome's patch, but I'm not sure what it's called and the search feature isn't helping without a more specific name.

You can make any image with Oak sprite's size.
    Then index it yourself, after that. Get the palette and change it on APE.
    You must import the palette of your sprite that you're gonna insert in.
    Use irfanview to export the palette. Also the patch of diegoisawesome
    is on the first post.. I think? It's categorized.

DjinnAndTonic

Disgaeamon
    Years
  • I have tried to import the palette a few times, but I can't find the correct palette offsets for the 256-color images (the Intro sprites for Oak, TrainerM/F, and Gary). The programs list them incorrectly. I'm assuming it's because these palettes are stored in 256-color instead of the usual 16-color (despite having less than 16 colors... >.>;; )

There doesn't seem to be a patch that skips the entirety of Oak's intro either. Diegoisawesome's patches seem to be able to skip "are you a boy or a girl?" and the Pikachu how-to-control pages, but nothing to skip me straight to gameplay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back