• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Hey, recently noticed that sending out a shiny pokemon causes my game to freeze. At first I thought it was a problem with a pokemon I'd added but it seems to be consistent for any shiny pokemon. The cry plays and the stars partially flash, although they are dark grey and stop halfway through the animation but disappear before it freezes though.

Just wondering if anyone's ever run into this, or if someone can point me in the right direction to go about trying to fix it? So far I've only implemented the 4th gen split and decap, 1 'fakemon' and added a custom special character that overwrote Ö using tilemolester. I'm guessing it's a tile related problem

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
I've downloaded pokewitch and pkmnadv and saved them together in the same folder, and it says everything is registered. But when I write a script in notepad it wont let me right click it and then compile it. I even saved it as a .rbc file! Someone help me please!!!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I've downloaded pokewitch and pkmnadv and saved them together in the same folder, and it says everything is registered. But when I write a script in notepad it wont let me right click it and then compile it. I even saved it as a .rbc file! Someone help me please!!!!
Try using XSE instead. Pokescript is outdated and buggy.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
which post chruch? I don't follow exactly xD

you're joking, right?
28lqovd.jpg

that there is a link...

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hi
I was wondering what program would be the easiest/best to use for scripting trainer battles.

As of now I am using Advanced Map and pksv, but I was also wondering what other programs are necessary for a complete rom hack.
There's PGE. There's also a download pack called "ROM Hacker GBA Tool Pack" that you can find somewhere.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
i did import the image twice for both frames but whenever i do the image does not change ive instead changed the pallete on the second frame so its invisible i guess a disappearing ghost sprite is kinda interesting and even more interesting is that he only knows curse and curse in this hack rom is insta ko with 100% accuracy and that ghost is now the only pokemon with curse and it sounds like Zapdos that still needs fixing which brings me to my next question ive tried a bunch of pokemon cry hack tools and none of em work with emerald that i can find

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hello, I'm using JPAN hack engine. Anyway, how to target specific pokemon in my party? I know you can target pokemon in your party (e.g. Setvar 0x800D 0x1 something like that) through the number of their slot, but how do I target a specific pokemon? That's because I want to remove a certain POKEMON in the player's party, but I don't know how to target it.

Furthermore, in the JPAN hack engine, can anyone give me an example of a timer event. I don't really get JPAN's guide.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hello, I'm using JPAN hack engine. Anyway, how to target specific pokemon in my party? I know you can target pokemon in your party (e.g. Setvar 0x800D 0x1 something like that) through the number of their slot, but how do I target a specific pokemon? That's because I want to remove a certain POKEMON in the player's party, but I don't know how to target it.

Furthermore, in the JPAN hack engine, can anyone give me an example of a timer event. I don't really get JPAN's guide.

For a lot of JPAN's new specials you need to use the 'special2' command instead of the regular 'special' command. Special2 will assign a value to a chosen variable depending on the outcome of the special. This is the case when trying to determine a Pokemon's species as you have to chose which variable the species value will be given to. I made a quick script that will allow you to remove all of a certain kind of Pokemon from your party, though if you only have one Pokemon it won't work.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
setvar 0x8004 0x0 // Setting 0x8004 to 0x0 will allow us to start looking at the beginning of the party
countpokemon
copyvar 0x8005 0x800D
subvar 0x8005 0x1 // Finding how many Pokemon are in the party then minusing one since that will bring it in line with the format of JPAN's engine and HackMew's ASM
goto @FindPokemon

#org @FindPokemon
special 0x6 // Before using JPAN's specials that alter/ check aspects of party Pokemon you need to decrypt their data which is done by special 0x6
special2 0x8006 0x18 // The special 0x18 check a Pokemon's species, but you need to identify a variable to it to place the value of the species into, which in this case is the variable 0x8006
special 0x6 // Re-encrypt the Pokemon's data 
compare 0x8006 0x7
if 0x1 goto @RemoveSquirtle // Checking if the Pokemon we just checked was a Squirtle (0x7) and if it was then the script branches off
addvar 0x8004 0x1 // Selecting the next Pokemon in the party
comparevars 0x8004 0x8005
if 0x2 goto @Ending // If the next Pokemon in the party (0x8004) is greater than the number of Pokemon held (0x8005) then it doesn't exist and we have reached the end of checkable Pokemon
goto @FindPokemon // Starting the checking routine again with the next Pokemon in the party (0x8004)

#org @RemoveSquirtle
callasm 0x720001 // HackMew's Take Away Pokemon ASM routine, the Pokemon to take away was already selected through the 0x8004 variable
countpokemon
copyvar 0x8005 0x800D
subvar 0x8005 0x1 // The number of Pokemon in the party needs to be refreshed as one was just removed
if 0x2 goto @Ending  // If the next Pokemon in the party (0x8004) is greater than the number of Pokemon held (0x8005) then it doesn't exist and we have reached the end of checkable Pokemon
goto @FindPokemon // Starting the checking routine again with the next Pokemon in the party (0x8004)

#org @Ending
msgbox @NoSquirtle 0x2
release
end

#org @NoSquirtle
= I stole all your Squirtle!

I've never messed with the timer specials so I can't help you there.

Is there any working links for xse 1.1.1? All I'm finding is 1.0.0.

Here's a link to XSE 1.1.1

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
For a lot of JPAN's new specials you need to use the 'special2' command instead of the regular 'special' command. Special2 will assign a value to a chosen variable depending on the outcome of the special. This is the case when trying to determine a Pokemon's species as you have to chose which variable the species value will be given to. I made a quick script that will allow you to remove all of a certain kind of Pokemon from your party, though if you only have one Pokemon it won't work.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
setvar 0x8004 0x0 // Setting 0x8004 to 0x0 will allow us to start looking at the beginning of the party
countpokemon
copyvar 0x8005 0x800D
subvar 0x8005 0x1 // Finding how many Pokemon are in the party then minusing one since that will bring it in line with the format of JPAN's engine and HackMew's ASM
goto @FindPokemon

#org @FindPokemon
special 0x6 // Before using JPAN's specials that alter/ check aspects of party Pokemon you need to decrypt their data which is done by special 0x6
special2 0x8006 0x18 // The special 0x18 check a Pokemon's species, but you need to identify a variable to it to place the value of the species into, which in this case is the variable 0x8006
special 0x6 // Re-encrypt the Pokemon's data 
compare 0x8006 0x7
if 0x1 goto @RemoveSquirtle // Checking if the Pokemon we just checked was a Squirtle (0x7) and if it was then the script branches off
addvar 0x8004 0x1 // Selecting the next Pokemon in the party
if 0x2 goto @Ending // If the next Pokemon in the party (0x8004) is greater than the number of Pokemon held (0x8005) then it doesn't exist and we have reached the end of checkable Pokemon

#org @RemoveSquirtle
callasm 0x720001 // HackMew's Take Away Pokemon ASM routine, the Pokemon to take away was already selected through the 0x8004 variable
countpokemon
copyvar 0x8005 0x800D
subvar 0x8005 0x1 // The number of Pokemon in the party needs to be refreshed as one was just removed
if 0x2 goto @Ending  // If the next Pokemon in the party (0x8004) is greater than the number of Pokemon held (0x8005) then it doesn't exist and we have reached the end of checkable Pokemon

#org @Ending
msgbox @NoSquirtle 0x2
release
end

#org @NoSquirtle
= I stole all your Squirtle!
I've never messed with the timer specials so I can't help you there.

Here's a link to XSE 1.1.1

You are awesome! Thanks you :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Thanks dr.fuji, but it says I need to have an account to download. Is that site trustworthy?

EDIT: Nevermind I downloaded it anyway. Lol.

Last edited:

leyn09

Truant Trainer
Years
Sorry for asking too much bit I encountered a really frustrating problem: before the pokemon (bulbasaur slot) evolves, the screen turns black. :O What should I do? Is there any way to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back