• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    light_trainer921 said:
    How can I change the Nidoran(F) in Oak's intro? I tried IntroEd and experimented it on a Pikachu sprite but the results is a black Pikachu.

Have alook around in hex for Nidoran(F) hex number, it is bound to show up...trial and error does hurt xD

PS. Nidoran(F) hex code is 1D00.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2007
    Hacking tools for Mac

Sorry if this has been asked but I don't think anyone has time to look over the 100 pages of this thread,

Are there any programs/applications/tools/whatever that could help me hack fire red on a mac? Because I've been searching for two hours and I can't find any:tired:

thanks,
    Reply on the tread or PM me :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2007
    Also I was wondering if there are no programs for mac that would help me hack a rom, Is it possible to change some simple things with simple code?

MsBroccoli

MsBroccoli
    Years
  • Now I'm having trouble with changing pokemon attacks and types. I've tried using PokemonAmplifier, but it's either not working or not saving it onto the ROM.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2007
    Text Editor

I downloaded a text editor, but it need 'Table files'
    does anyone know where I can get fire reds table files?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Now I'm having trouble with changing pokemon attacks and types. I've tried using PokemonAmplifier, but it's either not working or not saving it onto the ROM.

Use Pokemon Amplifier. Then after you've loaded your ROM, choose the POKEMON you wish to changed it's attack. For instance, Bulbsaur has TACKLE and GROWL. Change TACKLE to a VINE WHIP, then SAVE your ROM before changing another attack. It's tricky, but that's how it's done. ;)

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
  • When I use a-text, sometimes my text doesn't fit in the text box. How do I make it fit?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Repoint it... But repointing leads to a glitchy result, so it's best to summarize the text you want.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I have two questions. One is kinda simple, and odd and the other is just simple.
    Okay, can someone give me the link to a download of PokeScript? All the links here are broken etc. Please?

Also, referring to this-
    Repoint it... But repointing leads to a glitchy result, so it's best to summarize the text you want.
    -I was wondering, I used A-Text so it would not have to repoint it, and it was still glitchy, I had it less than the original text. Does it have to be the exact same ammount of characters or have I done something wrong?

MsBroccoli

MsBroccoli
    Years
  • Use Pokemon Amplifier. Then after you've loaded your ROM, choose the POKEMON you wish to changed it's attack. For instance, Bulbsaur has TACKLE and GROWL. Change TACKLE to a VINE WHIP, then SAVE your ROM before changing another attack. It's tricky, but that's how it's done. ;)
    Thank you to you and Lukenetty. I was having the problem because I thought you had to only click the save button underneath the TM/HM section. :embarrass

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
  • I used advance map to edit tiles and changed the standard short grass to a different tile in Pallete 15 ( in Littleroot) but when I tested the game,it was a different colour. ?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Rabid_Lime said:
    When I use a-text, sometimes my text doesn't fit in the text box. How do I make it fit?

By going to a new line...just hit enter.

Nostalgia said:
    I have two questions. One is kinda simple, and odd and the other is just simple.
    Okay, can someone give me the link to a download of PokeScript? All the links here are broken etc. Please?

Also, referring to this-

-I was wondering, I used A-Text so it would not have to repoint it, and it was still glitchy, I had it less than the original text. Does it have to be the exact same ammount of characters or have I done something wrong?

With A-Text you might need to add some extra spaces so it appears that there is text there or open it up with hex and shorten it down.

Rabid_Lime said:
    I used advance map to edit tiles and changed the standard short grass to a different tile in Pallete 15 ( in Littleroot) but when I tested the game,it was a different colour. ?

You can't pallete change the tiles using A-Map...only using APE and hex.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    You can't pallete change the tiles using A-Map...only using APE and hex.
    You indeed can change palettes of tiles in AdvanceMap.
    It has predefined set of palettes for basic tileset and this way you can make houses with blue roof (which are using PokéMart's palette for example) have red roof (Pokécenter palette).
    I think it works. I am using this tehnique in FireRed, and have no problems if I need only minor palette editing.

For more advanced editing of in-game graphic palettes, you need either hex editor, APE or even SnesPal, pretty old tool for editing palettes (don't think it is only for SNES, it works perfectly with GBA games, but you need to know offsets)

Years

• You indeed can change palettes of tiles in AdvanceMap.
    It has predefined set of palettes for basic tileset and this way you can make houses with blue roof (which are using PokéMart's palette for example) have red roof (Pokécenter palette).
    I think it works. I am using this tehnique in FireRed, and have no problems if I need only minor palette editing.

For more advanced editing of in-game graphic palettes, you need either hex editor, APE or even SnesPal, pretty old tool for editing palettes (don't think it is only for SNES, it works perfectly with GBA games, but you need to know offsets)

You're right about the palettes already in APE, these are the different palettes for the other tiles in the rom, which can be changed in block editor. But to get a specific colour it has to be done in hex editor/ape or snespal?(haven't seen this before, but I assume that you know about it.)

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    What programs would I use to edit a Gold ROM.
    I have goldmart, goldmap, tlp, a hex editor, and other small programs, but I need one to insert scripts. Is it the same with GB games as GBA Games? Can I use Pokescript?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Nope. Gold has really different script programming. I would advise you to ask Coolboyman, as he is hacking GSC series, you should ask him, he's really advanced in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back