• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR. MR. MR. ATOM.

ehsGweyisgh
Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2009
    Also, is it possible to make certain OWs have the property to be walked on? (like the boulders in Clair's gym)

Movement permissions view in A-Map, you can change it so that you can walk on certain objects, if that's what you're talking about.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
  • Thanks again Blazichu...How can I make somebody say aomething under certain conditions? (e.g. You may only pass if you have -- item. or I'll give you a -- if you have all the badges.) Please tell me if this is possible...or not.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Rabid_Lime said:
    Thanks again Blazichu...How can I make somebody say aomething under certain conditions? (e.g. You may only pass if you have -- item. or I'll give you a -- if you have all the badges.) Please tell me if this is possible...or not.

You would have to use check codes and text. It is possible you can either script it using a script editor or hex.

Hellsing

Years
  • You would have to use check codes and text. It is possible you can either script it using a script editor or hex.

Do you think I could do this in Pokescript? And if I can't, what do you think I could use? (I'm sorry to ask to many questions..) It's just that I'm not too familiar with hex (or anything for that matter) and seriously, they confuse me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Rabid_Lime said:
    Do you think I could do this in Pokescript? And if I can't, what do you think I could use? (I'm sorry to ask to many questions..) It's just that I'm not too familiar with hex (or anything for that matter) and seriously, they confuse me.

Yes, Pokescript can do it. I never learnt script that way, so look over a few tutorials (like Christos' one). I could do it in hex but you might not get it.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I have a question,
    how do i make it so that the hero is able to use surf before he gets any badge?

~Celebi

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Celebi_XD said:
    I have a question,
    how do i make it so that the hero is able to use surf before he gets any badge?

~Celebi

There are possibly two ways, switch the gym leader order around and make the leader give you the badge you want or add a flag than enables surf.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Mmarzex said:
    How do I add fakemon to a game because I want to but have no idea how if anyone could help that would be great.

You probably need to use unLZ.GBA to replace the Pokemon, first you export the Pokemon and then paste your one over it then import it back into the ROM. If the palettes are incorrect then palette change the orginal sprite first, there are many tutorials on how to palette change.

Hellsing

Years
  • How can I make the main character start out with a pokemon? And if it matters I'm using a ruby rom.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Rabid_Lime said:
    How can I make the main character start out with a pokemon?

You could add a givepokemon script during the opening text or during the fade part if FR/LG or the earthquake part in R/S/E.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Ok a new question:
    Where are the pokemon centre tiles for FR located in UNZL?

~Celebi

Hellsing

Years
  • You could add a givepokemon script during the opening text or during the fade part if FR/LG or the earthquake part in R/S/E.

Then how can I make a script not assigned to a person with Pokescript? I know I can edit the script of the opening text with a-text, but it doesn't work with give item scripts, give pokemon scripts..Actually you can't really edit anything, apart from normal messages with a-text. And I couldn't find any tutorials that helped me do this.
    Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Celebi_XD said:
    Ok a new question:
    Where are the pokemon centre tiles for FR located in UNZL?

~Celebi

It is probably around 87-92 in unLZ.GBA.

Rabid_Lime said:
    Then how can I make a script not assigned to a person with Pokescript? I know I can edit the script of the opening text with a-text, but it doesn't work with give item scripts, give pokemon scripts..Actually you can't really edit anything, apart from normal messages with a-text. And I couldn't find any tutorials that helped me do this.
    Thanks in advance.

You would have to either use a script editor or hex, most tutorials do contain scripts on how to give Pokemon. A-Text can't edit the scripts of a person besides text.

Hellsing

Years
  • It is probably around 87-92 in unLZ.GBA.

You would have to either use a script editor or hex, most tutorials do contain scripts on how to give Pokemon. A-Text can't edit the scripts of a person besides text.

I'm really sorry to press the situation, as I've asked enough questions already, and I'm sorry for not being clear enough. This is what I meant.
    I meant that I didn't know how to add a script without having a sprite say the message. For example, in Pokescript I have absoloutely no idea how to edit the introduction (when Birch talks to you), and I checked a bunch of tutorials (Christos's, Spenceroone 3's, foullump's..) and none of them even hinted on how to edit an intro script. Well.

Years
  • I'm really sorry to press the situation, as I've asked enough questions already, and I'm sorry for not being clear enough. This is what I meant.
    I meant that I didn't know how to add a script without having a sprite say the message. For example, in Pokescript I have absoloutely no idea how to edit the introduction (when Birch talks to you), and I checked a bunch of tutorials (Christos's, Spenceroone 3's, foullump's..) and none of them even hinted on how to edit an intro script. Well.

That isn't the type of script that shown in tutorials. That's just text editable. You can edit the text in a hex editor or in A-Text.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back