• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islander Jon

Dragonite the Day Dragon
Years
  • Okay, I've searched for a couple hours and sorry if I'm stupid, but I still can't find my answers. I've downloaded VirtualBoyAdvance and I can't seem to play ANY games on it. I've tried extracting them and everything, but it still won't work. I use Windows Vista and I really want to play these games!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    Is it possible to make pokedex numbers beyond their normal limit?

For example, can I make 203, 204, 205 etc. on Pokemon Sapphire's Hoenn dex?

If so, please provide a list of tools I'll need.

What do you mean? You can't find the Overworld sprites you want?

I can't find the location of where the overworld sprites are at all in the unLZ editor.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2011
    Okay, I've searched for a couple hours and sorry if I'm stupid, but I still can't find my answers. I've downloaded VirtualBoyAdvance and I can't seem to play ANY games on it. I've tried extracting them and everything, but it still won't work. I use Windows Vista and I really want to play these games!

Are you sure you have downloaded compatible ROMs for VBA?
    • GB
    • GBC
    • GBA

vba1oh7.gif

As you will notice, I have a .gba (GameBoy Advance) ROM.

Ok, there are atleast three different ways of loading the ROM.

[Method 1]

Drag and drop the ROM file onto the VBA icon, like so:

vba2bk0.gif

[Method 2]

Open VBA, then select File > Open (ctrl+o), then find the ROM to open, like so:

vba4ao7.gif

[Method 3]

Open VBA and then drag the ROM file into VBA.

Whichever method you use, the ROM should start, like so:

vba3jc9.gif

I hope I've helped you with your problem!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Pkay, I am having a map overlapping problem. Some maps overlap themselves and others overlap others. Now, this only recently started happening (Which is right after I just inserted the new tileset). I have already tried reinserting the map and redoing the connections, and none of them have worked.

----->

I think you need to redo the maps so that the tiles are right

~Celebi

neosam1212

わたしわ neosam1212 で?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2007
    Woops

I think it's probably found in the level script. I only know a little bit about level scripts, but probably not enough to figure out how to fix that problem. I'll still try and I'll let you know if I can fiond anything.

Okay.
    You pick, Bulbasaur; Rival get's Charmander
    You pick, Totodile; Rival get's Chikorita
    You pick, Torchic; Rival get's Mudkip
    What's the problem? You haven't said what the problem is.
    You've just said, "with totodile and it's rival, and Torchic and it's rival." It doesn't make any sense. Think about what you're trying to say and then post again.

Sorry, I didn't know I sounded like that what I meant is that, when you pick lets say a totodile Oak says, "Ah so you want Squirtle?" and it would probably be the same with torchic (he would call it Charmander I assume). Does that make sense? After he says that he refers to it as Totodile.

I am currently making a rom hack of firered and I can make maps and stuff, but I need help with like game scripts and sprites etc. Sorry for bringing up this frequently used request.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That's not the problem, Celebi. The tiles are all arranged correctly. If I had that problem, it would take no time to fix, and I wouldn't be here.

Years
  • Sorry, I didn't know I sounded like that what I meant is that, when you pick lets say a totodile Oak says, "Ah so you want Squirtle?" and it would probably be the same with torchic (he would call it Charmander I assume). Does that make sense? After he says that he refers to it as Totodile.

I am currently making a rom hack of firered and I can make maps and stuff, but I need help with like game scripts and sprites etc. Sorry for bringing up this frequently used request.

Uhm I think I can help you with the problem download A-Text or if you already have it open it then go to open rom then when the rom is opend you see a list in that list Oak's LAB click it and then another list will come in that list it if you scroll a little you can see bulbasaur and squirtle etc in capital letters and click those and then you can edit it in the little textbox and then click save text and if it says something just click okay and then it is changed..:)

Hope I helped..:D

Islander Jon

Dragonite the Day Dragon
    Years
  • Are you sure you have downloaded compatible ROMs for VBA?
    • GB
    • GBC
    • GBA

vba1oh7.gif

As you will notice, I have a .gba (GameBoy Advance) ROM.

Ok, there are atleast three different ways of loading the ROM.

[Method 1]

Drag and drop the ROM file onto the VBA icon, like so:

vba2bk0.gif

[Method 2]

Open VBA, then select File > Open (ctrl+o), then find the ROM to open, like so:

vba4ao7.gif

[Method 3]

Open VBA and then drag the ROM file into VBA.

Whichever method you use, the ROM should start, like so:

vba3jc9.gif

I hope I've helped you with your problem!

I tried all three methods and all it says is "Loaded Battery" and the screen is white...

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
  • I can't find the location of where the overworld sprites are at all in the unLZ editor.

You can't use unLZ to find overworlds. You should use Hackmew's OW Editor RE.

I tried all three methods and all it says is "Loaded Battery" and the screen is white...

If that happens then your rom crashed.

Last edited:

Islander Jon

Dragonite the Day Dragon
    Years
  • Okay, I'll see if I can get my hands on another one.

Sorry for the double-post by I've downloaded and moved multiple different files to the VBA and it still deosn't work. I can't find the problem at all.

Last edited:

lanturn 550

Lanturn Warrior
    Years
  • does anyone know what the boy girl and prof. oak sprites in UNLZ are? i cant find an answer to it....( i need the ones that are on the are you a boy/ girl and intro screen)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I was reading the Rubikon Tutorial that came with EliteMap and I came across what they call "Diamond Cutter".

Start Diamond Cutter, select your ROM from the dropdown list and doubleclick HelloWorld.RBC in the script list. Now we'll cover how to assign this code to a object in the game.

What is Diamond Cutter and where can I find it? I tried the Toolbox Forum and Google. The Toolbox doesn't have it and Google kept giving me unrelated results about cutting real world diamonds.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    does anyone know what the boy girl and prof. oak sprites in UNLZ are? i cant find an answer to it....( i need the ones that are on the are you a boy/ girl and intro screen)

1294-1295. ;)

And would anybody happen to know where I may find the overworld sprites in unLZ?

Years
  • I was reading the Rubikon Tutorial that came with EliteMap and I came across what they call "Diamond Cutter".

What is Diamond Cutter and where can I find it? I tried the Toolbox Forum and Google. The Toolbox doesn't have it and Google kept giving me unrelated results about cutting real world diamonds.

Diamond Cutter is the old scripting program. By the way, which version of EliteMap did you download? The most recent versions come with ScriptED.

Years
  • Reposting my questions since I didn't get much (useful) help last time. :/

A bit late, but no-one answered you yet. This is more suited to the scripting thread isn't it.

You'll need to set the flag to make them dissapear and then you can clear the flag to make them re-appear.
    Alternatively there is also a #raw command that can make the person re-appear temporarily if they have already disappeared.
    #raw 0x55 0x<people no(hex)> 0x00 will make the selected person re-appear temporarily.

neosam1212

わたしわ neosam1212 で?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2007
    "List"

Uhm I think I can help you with the problem download A-Text or if you already have it open it then go to open rom then when the rom is opend you see a list in that list Oak's LAB click it and then another list will come in that list it if you scroll a little you can see bulbasaur and squirtle etc in capital letters and click those and then you can edit it in the little textbox and then click save text and if it says something just click okay and then it is changed..:)

Hope I helped..:D
    I can't seem to find this "list". By A-text you mean Advance-text right? well I opened it up, and I saw a thing that said Nameoffset and Dataoffset and when I clicked on one there was nothing in this textborder. Where do I find this list because when I open the rom up in that it just gives me that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back