• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
there are 25 people on the map and the size of the map is 30x16. most of the people are shutters.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
You must change the sprite's size to 64x64.
the sprite size is 64x64 and I still get the message....
and when I uncheck the "auto abort" box it saves but then the whole image becomes black....

Last edited:

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
the sprite size is 64x64 and I still get the message....
and when I uncheck the "auto abort" box it saves but then the whole image becomes black....

There are two sizes you need to consider. The size of the canvas (64x64) and the sprite of the pokemon itself. If the sprite you're importing is bigger than what used to be there, even if they are both 64x64, the sprite will look messed up. The only advice I can give is use a bigger sprite to import the image over. Also, never uncheck "auto abort". It keep your sprites from looking deformed.

♦_♦

As for my question, what exactly is a "#raw". I see them in advanced scripts (like encounter scripts) and was wondering exactly what their uses/purposes were.

Also, what would I put in a script if I wanted certain types of music to play (like what you get when you play a badge)? A list would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
There are two sizes you need to consider. The size of the canvas (64x64) and the sprite of the pokemon itself. If the sprite you're importing is bigger than what used to be there, even if they are both 64x64, the sprite will look messed up. The only advice I can give is use a bigger sprite to import the image over. Also, never uncheck "auto abort". It keep your sprites from looking deformed.

Thanks so much! that solved the problem! and another quick question... there are like 25 free spots to insert new pokemon, but in unLZ-GBA I can only find 2 of those pics with the "??" on them (963 and 964 in pokemon ruby) where are the rest?

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
Thanks so much! that solved the problem! and another quick question... there are like 25 free spots to insert new pokemon, but in unLZ-GBA I can only find 2 of those pics with the "??" on them (963 and 964 in pokemon ruby) where are the rest?

Those are the pics that are used for every empty slot so if you edit it then all the other slots are edited as well. The only way I know of is by using Poke-Pic but I really haven't had much luck adding pokemon over empty slots.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
What is the offset of the pallete for the Oak intro background?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
hi everyone i was wondering if there is a way to change the experience requirements for leveling up of any pokemon (i.e. amt of experience to reach level 100)? SO far i've haven seen a tool or a method on it...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
manutdrule said:
hi everyone i was wondering if there is a way to change the experience requirements for leveling up of any pokemon (i.e. amt of experience to reach level 100)? SO far i've haven seen a tool or a method on it...

You would probably have to search for a [64] code, seeing as that is 100 in hexadecimal. So you would have to search for that code using a hex editor or an ASM editor.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
You can edit pokedex entries using Advance-Text. This can be done by searching a few words from the pokedex entry. It will then find the entry and then you can edit it. If this doesn't help, go back a few pages, I asked about it befor and Destinjagold replied with a whole toutorial with pictures.

Years
hey, I got a question : why my ROM crushed ?

I indexed munchlax, front sprite and back shiny. [ both 64*64 ]
then I added them throught unlz-gba
then added them as number 256 in rs ball [ their sprite ] ( btw it was kinda )
then I put his stats and attacks in Pokemon Editor Pro
and then added him in route 101 and tried to play, and as soon as I started my Rom there was a white screen. why ? what did I do wrong ? =(

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I have an strange bug/error.

when i step in a certain tile, the game restarts?

any one knows what it is?
or how tto fix it?

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2008
I have 2 questions I haven't really found an answer to

1. Can I change the colors of an attack? Like if i wanted to change the colors of ice beam or something?

2. Can I change the animations of attacks or create completely new ones?

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
I have 2 questions I haven't really found an answer to

1. Can I change the colors of an attack? Like if i wanted to change the colors of ice beam or something?

2. Can I change the animations of attacks or create completely new ones?

@ 1. I'm guessing that it SHOULD be possible to change the color of attacks (using UNLZ to extract a picture), but I have no idea how attack animations work.

@2. I don't have a clue on that.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I have an strange bug/error.

when i step in a certain tile, the game restarts?

any one knows what it is?
or how tto fix it?

i think i can fix this. check if you have anybody on the map set to hidden. i had the same problem. if you do set them to the hidden in the bottom of the list.

hope it helps
link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back