• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
Years
  • I'm working on a Leaf Green hack, and I've found out how (tools mostly) to edit pretty much everything I need except a couple things.

What is the preferred method for changing pokedex data, and the game's credits? If there isn't a tool, any pointers on where to look for them in hex? I didn't notice either of these in a-text, but if I'm missing an obvious setting that would be good news too.

Years
    • Age 31
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Ok, so I'm going to start a good ol' Red hack. (you can't beat old school.(don't try.)). Does anybody have any suggestions on what tools to use? I don't want to use hex. I know about Pokemap, but its too incomplete and messy for me. Anybody have any other tools I should use?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Palletes in shops and teachy tv

I have two questions...

Anyone knows how to change the pallete chosen (not edit the pallete, but change which pallete index is used) in pokeshops? Noramlly, the guy at the shop has a blue pallete (it was red in the original game, but I changed it), but when I talk to him and chose "BUY" his pallete changes to the default one. This might take only edit one byte.

Also, is it possible to hack the teachy dude animations? At least, just the pokemon or attacks used. Because I've edited some pokémon and now I realized there are incoherent things like a bird pokémon making hyper fang (birds have no teeth)

_________________________-

Cryomancer, just use an hex editor and look for the text.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2007
    What do I do in order to make it so I can catch other trainers pokemon?

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • Hi guys I need a bit of help on my hack. I'm trying to edit Gary in LG so that he has certain Pokemon. Can I do thjis by just changing his pokemon via Pet? How can I change his Pokem,on if not by just editing them on Pet? Thanks!
    Edit/Delete Message

darkmc21

Presenting: Lucario Legends
    Years
  • How can I add a new person ID, so that it will allow a one-time wild battle with a legendary Pokemon?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Hi guys I need a bit of help on my hack. I'm trying to edit Gary in LG so that he has certain Pokemon. Can I do thjis by just changing his pokemon via Pet? How can I change his Pokem,on if not by just editing them on Pet? Thanks!
    Edit/Delete Message
    Just via Pet. If you tried it before asking, you'd realize you were right. Don't be shy on trying stuff when hacking (unless you forget to make backups)

What do I do in order to make it so I can catch other trainers pokemon?
    Advanced 'hacking', modifing the program itself, etc. In other words, not possible via normal hacking.

>Bent<

awhups
    Years
  • Ok, so I'm going to start a good ol' Red hack. (you can't beat old school.(don't try.)). Does anybody have any suggestions on what tools to use? I don't want to use hex
    Then you're not going to get anywhere. There are very few tools for RBY, and in any case, using hexadecimal isn't nearly as difficult as people make it sound.

Work with hex and you'll get a much better understanding of how the game works, and you won't have to worry about the lack of utilities.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I'm new to this forum, and I've been searching for a couple days now (due to not recieving the verification email for a while), and I would like to know some things.

1. When I edit sprites from unLZ GBA, and import the new ones, it changes all the colors of the pokemon sometimes or add a a little line of random colors somewhere one the sprite.

2. I added a sprite with nothing wrong with it, it appears fine when the other trainer has it, but when I have it, its back picture looks as if it were normal.

3. How do I change pokedex information without using A-text (it doesn't find it for some reason), dexter (it gives my all these weird symbols),or scripting (new and can't really do it).

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • Just via Pet. If you tried it before asking, you'd realize you were right. Don't be shy on trying stuff when hacking (unless you forget to make backups)

Advanced 'hacking', modifing the program itself, etc. In other words, not possible via normal hacking.

I tried and when I versed Gary the second time (when he catches a Pidgey) I changed it so he had Eevee and Spearow. His Eevee is still a Squirtle and his Spearow knows Amnesia, Sand Attack, Tackle and Thunderpunch though! Have I done something wrong?

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • Well I know one thing. When you load a ROM in Pet it scrambles the moves of Pokemon. You're better off finding a new program :/

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • who knows the emerald ofsets of the tiles for APE

You should use unlz.gba and search for the tilesets or you take advancemap/elitemap and edit them there. If you take elitemap, just open the rom and select the map you want to edit. after that in your elitemapfolder is an folder named tilecache an in this folder are the tiles of the map, just edit it and save it(don't change the name of the file!!!!!)open the map again and elitemap is going to use your edited tileset. that's the easiest way. but if someone has an easier way post it

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    no you dont get me I want to change the colors of the tiles and APE is a program for it and I must now those offsets and with unzl.gba you cant do it

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2007
    Hi I was wondering if you can make more than one region in one game like the classic gold and crystal games on the GBC. If so how I wanted to make 3 regions.

shinylucario

ninja lucario
    Years
    • Age 36
    • CT
    • Seen May 21, 2008
    hi, I'm totaly new to this but I have the VBA installed however when I go to open the game file up, it doesn't show up in the folder it's in my documents media folder. the VBA opens up my computer drivers. whats up with it?

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
    Years
    • Age 29
    • hell
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    Hi I've searched already but can't find anything so here i go. Can i edit the Charizard in the intro with Tile Molester? (fire red)
    Thanks in advance

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
    Years
  • Hi I've searched already but can't find anything so here i go. Can i edit the Charizard in the intro with Tile Molester? (fire red)
    Thanks in advance

I don´t know if it works with Tile Molester, but you can edit it with unLZ.GBA. Don´t ask me what number it is^^
    You can get unLZ in the Toolbox thread from Treecko lvl. 100, and there is a thread in the Documents and Tutorials Threat.
    Hope this helped^^

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • Hi I was wondering if you can make more than one region in one game like the classic gold and crystal games on the GBC. If so how I wanted to make 3 regions.

It is possibel. You just have to edit the maps. To make three would be quite hard as in no game would you have enough maps...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back