• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
  • Id like to see the rival begging at the start of firered.
    do you mean where you name him, or when you battle him etc?

Anyway can anyone answer mine?

Where are pokemon's front shiny and Normal backsprites located in Unlz.gba?
    all there is is the normal sprite and the shiny backsprite.
    While Ninja Caterpie's answer was a bit sarcastic, pointing out the obvious, I'll tell you how it's done. It couldn't be more simple, really.

All you need to do is click Next Pal on the frontsprite and Previous Pal on the backsprite :D

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
    Years
  • While Ninja Caterpie's answer was a bit sarcastic, pointing out the obvious, I'll tell you how it's done. It couldn't be more simple, really.

All you need to do is click Next Pal on the frontsprite and Previous Pal on the backsprite :D
    But you don't even have to insert the shiny frontsprite and non-shiny backsprite.

You only need to insert the non-shiny frontsprite and the shiny backsprite to change the image for all 4 of them.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • @ tropical sunlight, Thanks, I never clicked anything other than next and previous because i didnt know what they did lol!

@Orinjmate, So you CAN just insert the two sprites and the palletes will change the others?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • @Orinjmate, So you CAN just insert the two sprites and the palletes will change the others?
    Yes. That's what you need to do.

EDIT: How can I change the tileset of a map without opening the map itself in Advance Map? I'd like to edit which tileset that map uses, not the tiles of the tileset.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Whenever I put an item, such as a potion, on the ground, it always "regenerates". When I go in game a press the item I get it and it disappears like normal, but then I take one step and it reappears. Anyone know why?

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Whenever I put an item, such as a potion, on the ground, it always "regenerates". When I go in game a press the item I get it and it disappears like normal, but then I take one step and it reappears. Anyone know why?

You may want to post your script in the Script Help Thread. But I think your problem is with the flags. You need to set a flag, use hidesprite 0x[person event number], and put the flag you set in the people ID of the PokeBall.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    You may want to post your script in the Script Help Thread. But I think your problem is with the flags. You need to set a flag, use hidesprite 0x[person event number], and put the flag you set in the people ID of the PokeBall.

I put "0x04" in the Person ID box, but it just said that it wasn't a valid integer.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    I put "0x04" in the Person ID box, but it just said that it wasn't a valid integer.

No, you need to put the FLAG in the people ID. For example, if you used setflag 0x200, then the people ID should be 0200.

Here is an example of the script:

Spoiler:

Now, the people ID of the PokeBall should be 0210. VM me if you have more problems.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokemon gold messed up connections

I need help In goldmap 1.6. So this is what I did I made in pokemon gold I made the width 30 and the height 21 for route 29 and when ever I try to exit new bark town the map connections never seem to fit and the tiles seem messed up how would I go fixing this. Do I have to re point the data? Or do something else I really have no idea what to do? Did I just make the map to big or what. This is what I am taking about with the messed up tiles in newbark town.

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • It's an odd idea, but Has anyone every tried ripping graphics from different games and implementing them in pokemon hacks? I've been trying to do that with graphics from Starcraft and putting them into my hack (nothing intense, just water, dirt, grass and pavement) Luckily all the tiles that I took were 16<= colors. Has anyone else tied this? I really don't know.

simonrule18

Iwant to create my own pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2013
    hello
    iwant to make my own pokemon games but in arabis langauge
    can any one help how i can translate pokrmon ruby or any pokemon games to arabic

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Where can I find a RBY tileset? (Basically all the routes' and cities sprites split apart on one giant PNG file)

Reposting.

@simonrule18, you have to replace the text tiles into Arabic and memorize the letters that you replaced. Then you have to create scripts to replace the text. It can look really weird when you type the text, but it should work.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
    Years
  • Okay, I have one question and one thing that i want/need clarified.

The thing I need clarified:
    Hero/Heroine sprites in FR. I know the can be edited to be different colors, and can be replaced with hero sprites from other Pokemon games(I.E. Ruby), but can they only be recolors and stuff, or can you add completely scratch made sprites.(The trainer I want to sprite and add looks nothing like any of the existing heroes/heroines) All the tutorials I've seen just use Nintendo's stock Trainer sprites

Question:
    The Yellow Version Pikachu cry(the "Pika!" cry), any possible way to get the file into a file format compatible with FR? I know cries can be imported into the game if they're in a .wav(I'd have to re-check the tutorial I found on here) format, but yeah. The Yellow cry is GB(C) quality and FR is a GBA quality game, so, yeah

Try using r8brain. It can increase or decrease quality, bit depth, ect. for wav files.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    So, would it be possible in Fire Red to change the player's sprite AND battle backsprite with a script?

As in, the prologue of my ROM is going to have the player 8 years before the present, so he'll be a little kid in his first battle. Naturally, his sprite and backsprite are going to need to be different.

Anybody able to help? D:

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    It can be any sprite, as long as it's the right height/width/color-depth.

You can't just increase the quality of the cry, but googling "Pikachu cry wav" should get you some good quality ones.

1.) what are those specifications for FR/LG, and could you explain "color-depth" a bit more, haven't seen that term used in any of the tutorials here.

2.) that's a given, it would take someone skilled with editing sound files, but thanks for the advice

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back