• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2009
    1. I'm trying to make to scripts:
    1a.A sign script.
    1b.A script that when your character steps on this area, it will start talking on it's own.

2. I'm trying to make a new title screen. I'm just tring to change the firered version title on the title screen, into hurricane version on the title screen. I have microsoft word 2007 and I read the tutorial for this. All I need to do is how to put it in the game, how do I do that? Pokemon Firered title image, I got from VBA screen capture. So I open it up in microsoft word 2007 and put the title in there. How do I put it in the game.

Please answer, this is a lot of typing!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • does anyone know of a ruby.ini file for advance text? and does anyone know what advace text final edition is and where to get it? thanks :)
    I thought Advanced-Text came with a ruby ini file. O_o

Im planning on making a Pokemon Ruby Hack
    But I need someone that is really good at making sprites to be my spriter
    i will give you credit for the spriter
    Please do not ask for that here. If you need a spriter or any other help, go here: Help Recruitment Thread

@ Welo9 i can give it a shot what kind oif sprited do you need. Also before i can do anything can anyone tell me how to change the picture of a charcater in battle. (i.e Gym Leaders or trainers) i have RS Ball, PET and all that but i just cant get the picture changed. PLease help
    Use Unlz.Gba or Pokepic. The trainers are located after the pokemon.

Where can I get UnZL and cyclon ?
    Please tell me!!!!!!!!!:cool:
    Unlz.Gba comes with the Elitemap package. As for cyclone:
    Cyclone

1. I'm trying to make to scripts:
    1a.A sign script.
    1b.A script that when your character steps on this area, it will start talking on it's own.

2. I'm trying to make a new title screen. I'm just tring to change the firered version title on the title screen, into hurricane version on the title screen. I have microsoft word 2007 and I read the tutorial for this. All I need to do is how to put it in the game, how do I do that? Pokemon Firered title image, I got from VBA screen capture. So I open it up in microsoft word 2007 and put the title in there. How do I put it in the game.

Please answer, this is a lot of typing!
    1a. Sign scripts are basically the same as a person script, except you can walk away from it. Just don't use the command "lock."
    1b. This isn't that hard either. Just change the "Var Number" to 50 40. That usually works...

2. Why in the world would you need Microsoft word for this? Anyway... Open up Unlz.Gba. Go to around 2009. It could be a little more, it could be a little less. Switch the view to "256 color mode." Some people believe it helps to switch the colors to black and white. Just save-as what ever you want to call it. Change it in paint, and import it back in. It's very simple.

As always, Hope it Helped!
    -Hiidoran

Years
  • I have another question (I searched this thread before making this post). I'm trying to edit the level-up attacks of certain Pokemon. I tried using a program called "PAttEd", and this allows me to replace old level-up attacks with new attacks, but... is there a way to add new level-up attacks for a Pokemon instead of replacing old ones?

(Thank you to the person who answered my last question. I've never hex edited before, but I've read some tutorials on it, and it doesn't seem too hard. I went and checked the configuration settings for my copy of PokeTronic, and it looks like the fault lies with the fact that I'm using the Sapphire Version. It seems that only certain options in PokeTronic work for that version. Looks like I'll have to hex edit. :D)

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
    Years
  • I have another question (I searched this thread before making this post). I'm trying to edit the level-up attacks of certain Pokemon. I tried using a program called "PAttEd", and this allows me to replace old level-up attacks with new attacks, but... is there a way to add new level-up attacks for a Pokemon instead of replacing old ones?

(Thank you to the person who answered my last question. I've never hex edited before, but I've read some tutorials on it, and it doesn't seem too hard. I went and checked the configuration settings for my copy of PokeTronic, and it looks like the fault lies with the fact that I'm using the Sapphire Version. It seems that only certain options in PokeTronic work for that version. Looks like I'll have to hex edit. :D)

Amplifier 2006 Ae
    You can find it in TreeckoLevel100´s Toolressource thread.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    cooley said:
    Are there any Scripting Programs for GOLD.

Yes, it is called a Hex Editor, no tools for scripting were created...hex isn't too difficult once you understand.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2008
    At the intro on my game, when Oak says

"Wait, don't go out! It's unsafe"

He is invisible and he doesn't appear until inside the building. Also he enters the wrong place and he walks through objects.

Help appreciated.

Years
  • At the intro on my game, when Oak says

"Wait, don't go out! It's unsafe"

He is invisible and he doesn't appear until inside the building. Also he enters the wrong place and he walks through objects.

Help appreciated.

I don't understand. Have you edited anything yet? Have you moved anything? To answer you question I need more information about your problem.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2008
    Yeah I moved where the lab is and items inside the lab, he walks to where the lab is normally not where I have put it. Also inside normally down the middle is clear, but I have put a table inside and he just walks through the table. Also I place Gary somewhere but it's glitchy like..he's in the wrong place!

Shade

Dark Knight
    Years
  • How can I add new Towns and citys?

How can I add new towns and citys? Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!:t201-q:

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    How can I add new towns and citys? Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!:t201-q:
    Easily. In advance map, there is a button that says "NEW" with a house + grass on it. It's right next to the button that says "INS" with grass and a house.
    Now how about someone helps me?
    I tried importing a .BMP into Overworld editor rebirth edition, but it always says "Runtime error 6
    over flow". How does I fix?

Shade

Dark Knight
    Years
  • Thanks

I wish I could help you but I don't know any thing about OverWorld Editors but, any way I just wanted to say thanks.:)

Which is the best text editor for Pokemon Ruby

Last edited:

sandcrawler

slacking off in my spare time.
    Years
  • Question!

I've been searching, but no answer so far. I can't find the tilemap for Fire Red in unLZ that's required for cyclone. Unless I've been missing it. Since I can't find it there, how can I go about editing the town map in a hex editor?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back