• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Question!

I've been searching, but no answer so far. I can't find the tilemap for Fire Red in unLZ that's required for cyclone. Unless I've been missing it. Since I can't find it there, how can I go about editing the town map in a hex editor?
    Look at #79...
    Did you run a deep scan (File --> Deepscan) and search again?
    Btw, Advance/Elite map allows you to edit town maps, replace where events are, and Elitemap lets you edit scripts with teh map still open..

Shade

Dark Knight
    Years
  • Question!

I've been searching, but no answer so far. I can't find the tilemap for Fire Red in unLZ that's required for cyclone. Unless I've been missing it. Since I can't find it there, how can I go about editing the town map in a hex editor?

I would use acvance map. Not a hex editor

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • If you Use a hex editor then that will take years, but you can repoint maps and add maps but i don't know how.

My Question: How do you repoint maps for gold version with a Hex Editor

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    can anybody tell me why i keep getting an error in Pokemon Amplifier 2006?

Maybe you don't have the ini for your rom?
    Or you could be making some mistakes in changing some of the stuff. ;P.

----

This has been stressing me so much.
    Does anyone know if there is a tutorial for palette editting, when I change my palettes the whole screen of the tiles is some wierd colours.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • can somebody please tell me how to activate the running shoes on fire red please asap. i really need it to continue with my hack

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    pet.exe help

I need help with Pet.exe. For some reason, some attacks on pet are other attacks in the game. Example: For my fire gym the gym leader has three pokemon that I made on pet have ember, yet when I battle them, they know acid instead. Is there a way to fix this?

Years
  • There is a tutorial in the documents and tutorials section.
    This is where it is.
    The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussion > Emulation > ROM hacking > Documents and Tutorials > Hex Editing Trainers

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Evolution Problem

Ive changed some of the evolution levels of some Pokemon for example Trapinch evolves to Vibrava at lv18. However when the Pokemon reach the level they evolve at the evolution doesn't happen. The animation starts up as usual but after the first glow the evolution stops saying: "...?" as if I've pushed the b-button to purposefully stop evolution but I haven't. BTW I used Amplifier 2006 AE to edit the evolutions.

Shade

Dark Knight
    Years
  • HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Easily. In advance map, there is a button that says "NEW" with a house + grass on it. It's right next to the button that says "INS" with grass and a house.
    Now how about someone helps me?
    I tried importing a .BMP into Overworld editor rebirth edition, but it always says "Runtime error 6
    over flow". How does I fix?
    Thanks but how can I make it so I can get there? And, also I added a cave in littleroot and I need some help wiring the warps. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back