• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ardariel Skies (PG-13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    And then it was 2 AM... 4 AM... 7 AM!... and there was a loud... I mean, a REALLY loud yell. "MAAAAX!!! WAAAAKE UP!!!!!" yelled Mary just beside my ear. I jumped out from the bed and looked around. Mary giggled and sighed and then walked at me. "It's time to test the prototype bombs! C'mon!" Added Mary as she took my hand and took me to the elevator and finally into the platform.

The Blue Lightning was already there and so was everyone else in the base. My crew was already inside and the staircase was there. I walked up into my airship and sat down on my chair in the Main Bridge. "So... are the bombs ready?" I asked. Mary nodded and stood by my side. "Then... I will fire" I yelled. Everyone was excited... and I pressed a button in the right side of the chair.

Remeber the big hole in the middle of the circular turret I mentioned before? well... that is the place where the bombs where. There was a big silence everywhere... and... "nothing!? are you sure the bombs are there? did someone cleaned the cannon?" I yelled as I stood up. Everyone started to work on it... and then they told me to fire again.

I sighed and sat down again. I pressed a big rectangular button in the right side of my chair and there was again a big silence. It took a while... but I really didn't press it. Everyone thought it failed... and in that moment... was when I pressed the button. There was a loud explosion and a big, not large, grey tube was fired at really high speeds from the cannon of the turrets.

It flew above the sea to a target there and then it hit it and there was explosion of ... almost 20 meters of ratio. "WOOOO!!!!" I yelled as I stood up and applauded... and so did everyone else. A little piece of metal covered the side of the back of the turret and there were some noises... it was just a new bomb being placed in the cannon. When it finished it stopped covering it and hid in the Blue Lightning's hull.

Everyone walked out of the Blue Lightning and kept applauding. I walked over at Matt and smiled. "So.. what do you think? ... I bet you can make critical damage to an airship just with those prototypes" I told him very proud.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    OOC: Hey, it too late to join?

Name: Marrus "Mort" Angelos
    Appearance: A tall(About 5'11) man with a broad, muscular figure. He has long, straight jet-black hair and has light tan skin. One of his eyes is light blue, the other is dark grey. He wears a special suit that gathers light and uses it to help him perform various tasks that he wouldn't normally be able to do, even with increased agility from that of a normal human. This suit is trim and firm-fitting, fitting every flex point in his body, and is mainly maroon, weaved with threads of ruby. The plates are pure silver. Each one is hexagon-shaped, and it connects to his spine with an electical current emitted from a small transmitter behind his left ear. His canine teeth are pointed from a nasty encounter with a vampire who had bitten him just as Marrus had slain him. THis had added to Marrus' muscular frame, and had added an extremely faint luminescence that Marrus takes on every time he is exposed to moonlight. He also wears silver-thread gloves, and silver-thread boots.
    Personality: Reserved, keeps secrets.
    Rank Status: Captain
    Current Residence: Ocean's Solstice

(If you did put Captain Rank, fill out the form below as well.)

Airship Name: Ocean's Solstice
    Airship Battle class: Fighter Minor
    Description: A rather small, triangular ship which contains state-of-the-art hexagon matrices which scan and overview everything inside, letting anyone with acess view all current events in the ship where the matrix is functional. It's got a large, triangular window at the front for maximum viewing capabilities, and it's covered in solar paneling, which not only absorbs light, but converts it into a vapor which is used to power the twin solar engines at its rear. These require constant energy to keep at a fast pace. It has two long, flat wings which have mini-versions of the solar engines at the back, and the words "Ocean's Solstice" in glowing letters at the front. These wings are made of an innovative material that is bulletproof and can stretch and bend, flap, fold in, or even walk when neccesary. The last major feature of this ship are the ports below, which contain the artillery(laser cannons and missle launchers), the emergency landing gear and escape pods. These are the only exits and entrances in the ship.
    Guild/Clan: Nomads (A spread-out, fairly basic clan of fighters which simply roam, and have agreed to always provide assistance to one another if they cross paths.)

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Having awakened early, Raen perched silently on the railing of a catwalk, viewing the proceeds below. Although he was not yet fully familiar with the ship, he was accustomed to entering new environments and had begun to memorize the various halls, rooms, and pathways.

As the test fire began, the wanderer toyed idly with his dagger--twisting and flipping the blade while allowing it to shimmer in the artificial light. Then, the first test failed.

"Hey, you!" a uniformed man called. Raen's azure gaze swiftly snapped toward the sound of the voice. Catching his dagger by the hilt, the fighter remained still as he awaited further instruction.

"Make yourself useful. Get down to the lower decks and see if you can figure out what went wrong," the uniformed male directed.

Raen nodded, saluting informally with his dagger before sheathing it. Then, swinging over the rail onto the catwalk, he started toward the nearest flight of stairs.

-------

"As far as I can see, all the systems here are fine," Raen mused silently, tapping various keys by the monitor that stood beside the cannon area. I suppose that means it must be a mechanical technicality, not a system error.

"I think we found the problem," Raen heard a voice call to several others. Seeing a group begin to gather beside the loading area, Raen turned off the monitor and approached.

"It's probably that set of wires," a man explained, motioning toward several wires crossing an open panel. "For some reason, the connection isn't stable, and the signal won't activate the launch sequence."

Raen gazed intently at the indicated connection before finally speaking. "Let me have a shot at it."

The man turned to Raen and hesitated. "I haven't seen you around here before."

"I'm new, but I might be able to help. All I ask is for two minutes."

"Sorry, kid, but--"

"Please. Although I may be new here, I've had a lot of field experience with weapons. And, since I'm not working on the actual projectile, you won't need to worry about any major explosions."

The man sighed slowly, still hesitant but somewhat resigned. "Alright . . . "

"Thanks," Raen replied, removing several objects from a belt pouch as he stepped forward. Narrowing his eyes, the male directed his focus toward the current task. It looks like there's a few connection issues . . . mostly with signal conduction. So, if I . . .

Two minutes later, Raen stepped back and replaced his tools in his belt. Mechanics may not be my strength, but at least the connection should work now. Hopefully, I made myself useful. "Alright, tell the captain he can try again."

After a single nod, a worker exited into another room and activated the communication link.

Viewing his work, Raen listened to the intercourse between the worker and the bridge. I wonder if the missle will work . . .

A sudden explosion caused Raen to grasp a steel rail for support. Leaning against the hallway wall beside the open panel, he felt himself stiffen as a second shockwave rippled from the cannon room.

I guess that means it worked.

Last edited:

Chriz

Why are you staring at me?
    Years
    I'll join

Name: Sapphire Bloodwinger
    Appearance: She has three claw like scars over her right sapphire eye. Genetics had led her to a unstandard look, but not overly frightening. Her eyes were sharp at had some cat like feature. Long hair that seemed as feathers died deep blue hung down her back. Reflexs were very quick, and went along with great flexibility. She had a great sense of the air, longing for it when grounded. She wore a navy sleeveless shirt that was collared and matching pants. The clothing looked well with her slim, light figure, even though she was a bit short. Lastly she wore a shining sliver watch, what was left of her family.
    Personality: Silent. Oberservent
    Rank Status: Captain
    Current Residence: Streaks of a Dying Sun

Airship Name: Streaks of a Dying Sun
    Airship Battle class: 'Jack'
    Description: A one of a kind. Designed for sky, space, and sea. It currently is lacking on the space and sea part. Possible compairable to a 2000 ahuttle. On wings it has 2 foldable main wings and 4 directional wings. Along with 2 wing engines, 3 jets, 6 stablisers, and 2 air brakes on the wings and the ship. Small compaired to most air ships. The coloring is solar flare like, but also has a stealth funtion. Lastly is the weaponry, 2 plasma beam weaponry, 4 small rifle guns, bladed wings, energy sheilding, 4 missile launch sections, flare upgrade on engines, and a fold out hiding turret.
    Guild/Clan: none so far

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    Myneth decided to wake up early to fix up the Armored Hawk, picking up her tossed about tools and fddling around with the screws, tightening them up so they wouldn't fall off in the time of need. She reajusts her ponytail, which was loose from sleep, as she works diligently.

Satisfied with her work, she kicks it slightly, making sure the place she fixed up was fine, before she sits down and drinks a small cup of water, swishing it around in her dry mouth.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    ooc: everyone can join at any time... so Chriz and Lishakara are welcome... also... we can have a clan Chriz... it means also that FireEmporer is in it too... oh, I'm too obvious... XD.

ic: I smiled and looked at everyone... it was perfect. I started to think in a new layer for the hull, bulletproof... also a laser cannon. And there was suddenly a noise... that sounded like airships. And I was right, 10 red-colored airships were just fryling directly at us. They started to shoot with their turrets... almost everyone took cover behind the Blue Lightning... which of course didn't took damage. The bullets were little... looked like 9mm bullets.

Of course, not everyone was safe. Some people got some bullets... including Mat. "Everyone get inside the base! Captain Max Hunter! destroy those airships! we will help with the AA turrets! we will take your pilot inside!" yelled Joe ,the owner of the base... he wanted as much as help he could get... so he asked Matt if he can get the Armored Hawk outside. I nodded and the crew got into the Blue Lightning. "wait a minute... there's no pilot!" yelled a guy. I sighed and looked around. "Mary..." I said sitting down on my chair in the main bridge.

A holographic screen appeared beside me, and showed Mary in the lower decks. "Yes, Max?" she asked me. "Good you are already down there... bring Raen up here, please" I told Mary. She nodded and the screen disappeared. "Captain... the airships have no nationality" said the man of the radars. "of course they don't... they are mercenaries working for the Alliance... they have just discovered this base... and haven't told Alliance about it because they are turning around to destroy us" I replied.

Mary entered the main bridge with Raen and I stood up. "Raen... I hope you know how to pilot the Blue Lightning... the pilot is injured and there's no one left to pilot it..." I told Raen. I didn' ask if he wanted, I just said "Now get on that seat and pilot the Blue Lightning... big chance of stop being in the lower decks fixing broken things, right?" with a smile.

I sat down and smiled. We eventually took off and went for the mercenaries. I had locked on an aisrhip and fired a bomb. It hit the airship and it exloded. I was amazed... "they are smaller than I thought... and weaker" I expressed. More mercenary ships came. I sighed... I hoped the AA guns were ready. Since they were more then.

Chriz

Years
    ((We could make a nice clan. I'm a little rusty, and don't post as much as I could, sorry.))

A red flare streak in the sky jet towards a group of red ships.
    Saph, the captain's short name, annouced, "Ok every, just like an easy practice, these mercenaries are small. They seem to be after something, anyway, let's take 'em down!"
    Two shark missiles dropped from the wings and targeted a ship. Saph decided it was a good day, just a spot of target practice.
    A crewman sugested, "You think they're just scouts?"
    Saph shook her head. She knew by their formation and numbers that it wasn't a normal run. And they didn't seem to widely notice her ship, odd, the bright colors would normaly be giving them off. Even with the overal size of the ship.
    Saph had to slam aganst the controls, she was pilot as well as capiton, avioding shards of debree.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    "The captain has ordered you to the control center."

Hearing Mary's voice, Raen turned, his expression slightly questioning. However, he said nothing--merely following her.

Entering the bridge, Max stood and addressed him. "Raen . . . I hope you know how to pilot the Blue Lightning. The pilot is injured and there's no one left to pilot it. Now get on that seat and pilot the Blue Lightning . . . Big chance of stop being in the lower decks fixing broken things, right?"

Raen allowed himself a slight, confident smile as he gave a quick wink to the captain. "Heh. No sweat." Seating himself, the wanderer's expression grew serious as he viewed the controls. If only I knew what I was doing . . .

After a slight pause, he reached for a lever--bracing himself against the chair as another round of fire drove against the ship's side. "Get ready, everyone. We're taking off!"

Having given his warning, Raen snatched the lever and pulled firmly. Then, casting his keen gaze over the control panel, he flicked two switches and checked the monitors. The ship began to rise. At least we're flying. Now to really get moving.

Although Raen had not piloted the Blue Lightning before, he had piloted a number of different ships and knew how to learn. Moving his headset from his shoulders to a position over his ears, he removed a wire from within the listening device and plugged it into the panel. Then, taking ahold of the main control device, he drew it toward himself with considerable force. Not accustomed to Raen's unskilled touch, the ship seemed to groan as it increased its altitude.

A cobalt light glinted in Raen's icy eyes as he tapped a few keys. Here we go. Blue Lightning's engines sprang to action as azure-tinted energy burst from its boosters. As the ship shot toward the enemy, Max fired an explosive toward another ship, destroying it.

Swiftly tapping several other keys, Raen's eyes narrowed. I didn't intend to go that fast. But, at least the projectile still met its target. Finding himself unable to slow the ship, Raen began to experimentally test a number of buttons and switches. No, those adjust the ship's energy output, those change the alignment of the cannons--woah! The ship suddenly dropped downward--avoiding an enemy missle, though accidentally. Swiftly regaining his control over the ship's altitude, Raen brought Blue Lightning higher into the air. Eh, so that's what those switches do. I'll have to remember that.

Reaching one hand forward as he steadied the ship with the other, Raen pressed a series of keys before pulling a lever slightly. Though it still retained considerable speed, the ship slowed slightly. Finally . . .

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    "OH YEAAAAH! BRING IT!!~~!!!" Matt screamed, and ran off into the Armored Hawk. He jumped in the drivers area, and Flew towards the enemy ships. "YEAAHHHH!! BANG BANG! BOOOOOOOM!" Matt yelled like a little kid, and flew next to the Blue Lightning.

"Heya Maxy~" Matt yelled, just before Shooting a laser through the engine of a ship, causing it to explode. Matt then Unleahed a large current of electricty, from a prototype weapon, to knock out the people running it, and Sightly damage the ship. Just in case~

Chriz

Years
    Saph turned in a heartbeat to see out of the corner of the window someone was shooting at her. She took to ship nose down and turned the engines on full. Darting into the water, they narrowly escaped missile fire. The shielding couldn't keep the water out for long. She quickly had a communication cannel up.
    Saph demanded, "Who's bright idea was that!"
    She glared in silent buzz of the link. Then realized the water may pose some problem, and took the ship up. Once again they were in the air.
    Again, Saph demanded, "Who's bright idea was it to take a shot at me?! I'm not some alliance scum!"

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    I thought I was going to vomit when the Blue Lightning went suddenly downwards and went high into the air again. "I don't know if that was skill... or an accident" I expressed as I sighed. The Blue Lightning was finally controlled and we were still in the dogfight. I heard loud noises... actually from cannons.

The AA guns of the secret base finally started firing against the mercenaries. "bring up the radar infront of me" I commanded. A three-dimensional radar appeared infront of me. The allies I had were blue... and the enemies or hostile bodies were red. I also noticed another blue airship just coming this way. There were 3 blue airships flyging around. The Blue Lightning, the Armored Hawk... and the other one... well... I actually couldn't see very well. "Identify third allied airship" I commanded as we started firing the turrets.

"The third airship is the Streaks of a Dying Sun, Captain" announced a crewman. I smiled and sighed for relief. "So Sapphire is here, too..." I expressed as I locked another mercenary airship and fired the bomb... which actually made a little curve to destroy the enemy. "Wow... I didn't know you also installed the program that follows electrical sources... excellent" I said to Mary, who was behind me. A tube from the size of the bomb got out from the bomb's cannon and the metal piece covered the same cannon to rearm it. And the same happened to the other cannon.

But suddenly, more ships were coming this way. "fire the missiles!" I commanded. 5 missiles were fired from each missile pack. And so 5 airships were destroyed. Suddenly, we felt we have been hit by something in the left side. "Hull 95%... Total Airship 97%" announced a man left to Raen. "ok... we better stop it... bring up the status to the left side of my chair..." I commanded. It went off and suddenly, the Blue Lightning appeared horizontally in the left side of my chair and it was blue. Below it showed a 97% ... below it... there was just nothing... it was just specific damages. We continued firing and I finally requested more AA guns of the base.

Chriz

Years
    Saph calmed down, looking at the ally screen. Fire was coming from all sides.
    Sapphire commanded, "Reload missiles! Charge the beams!"
    Two Beam guns started charging red hot. Saph braced as they went through extreme turns. Shielding was down to 25%. While in a barrow roll, Plasma Beams run right through the last enemy ship. Sapphire gave a sigh of relief.
    She requested, "I would like to see a damage report and a cup of strong wine."
    Then she narrowed her eyes onto the communication screen, blank. Consuming blankness? Saph passed out and Tristian, her right hand man, had to take the ship. He was hoping that was the last.
    "You passed out again, " said the ship's doctor, Zack.
    Zack was strapping Sapphire into a bed as the ship took in another barrel roll. Saph gave a noise as she hit her head. Then she was suddenly awake and on her feet. She struggled out of the bed and ran down the ceiling/floor/ceiling/floor, oh, I don't really know which.
    She yell, "Tristian, stop playing around! Cut rations, that's what's in your future!"
    Tristian felt himself flung from the chair as Saph reclaimed it. She the straightened the craft and opened opened communication.
    She ask, "Can anyone hear me? Over."

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Raen nodded as he received the information. "Alright. Engaging in evasive manuevers during re-arming." Adjusting the controls, he tilted the aircraft and drew it behind an enemy ship--using the enemy as a shield. Then, bringing the ship sharply upward, Raen grimaced slightly as several shots grazed Blue Lightning's side. Piloting is definately not my forte . . .

Weaving the ship amidst several enemies, Raen turned to a monitor as a warning echoed in his headset. Great . . . Missles. Moving one hand, the male pressed a red button. Hopefully that does what I think it does.

Blue Lightning burst forward as its energy output suddenly increased. Moving the ship in a large arc, Raen allowed the missles to follow as he drew them toward enemy vessels. Flitting past several of the enemy, Raen glanced back to see the opponents struck by the projectiles. Even if I'm not accustomed to piloting a ship of this size or speed, the Blue Lightning certainly lives up to its name in the area of swiftness.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    And so a few enemies were left. I smiled and fired the two bombs in the two turrets. And the last missiles were fired. And so all enemies were destroyed. "So... Raen... maybe you are not perfect for piloting, but you surely save us from some missiles... isn't the Blue Lightning rocks? it is perfect" I told Raen very proud indeed of the Blue Lightning... it surely made you want to pilot it all day. I smiled and commanded to start a message to Streaks of a Dying Sun. A holographic screen appeared and showed the Captain Sapphire. "Hello Sapphire! I have realized you helped us out here with the mercenaries... I must say thanks just for having manners... you know we could have destroyed them all by ourselves" I joked as I kept talking "You can land in the base... to make some catch-up talk...".

And so we did. We landed on the platform of AK-678 and we all walked out. Joe came and looked at me. "Thanks Captain... we surely needed help..." he told me. "Yea yea... no problem... you should use some airships too for some defense, too. Oh yeah... I need you just to refuel it now" I relied with a smile walking a bit away. I saw how the Armored Hawk landed and I waited for Streaks of a Dying Sun to land too. Mary came and looked at me, "Max... we have installed the rearming system of the missile packs..." she said to me.

"Good... I think about going somewhere... soon... but for now... tell the crew to go inside and relax... and if they want... eat and, or, drink something" I replied. "Ok..." expressed Mary as she did what I told her.

Chriz

Years
    The ship went down for landing. Captain Sapphire stumbled down the ramp, unsteady on the ground. Tristian laughed as he walked right by.
    Tristian exclaimed, "Woo! What a ride! Three squads in one day! This place must be famous!"?"Ow."
    He was tripped by Sapphire.
    Sapphire apologized, "I hope you excuse Tristian, he's drunk, and took an awful fall on the ship."
    A shower of sparks flew behind her, an engine was doing a cleaning burn. Saph twitched a bit, and smiled.
    She asked, "Was that your frst encounter today? The sky is swarming."

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    I smiled back to Captain Sapphire and walked up at her. "Today? just this one... yesterday I encountered a french squad near England... what about you? how many Alliance airships have you encountered today? and how have you been? long time no see since I left Russia... maybe... I don't remember well now, ha... so... what's up?" I told Sapphire crossing my arms.

Hive Mind

science fiction nut
    Years
    (This is Chriz, post last post was short because I was getting kicked off the computer I was on.)

Sapphire replied, "Hmm, I say two, and a Reaver squad. I say, you don't know about them yet, do you? Well, I'll explain?The Alliance scum were experiment on humans again. Ruthless creatures the made. I've overheard them being named Reavers. Aparently they overthrew their master. Gastly ships, covered in scrap metal and human bodies. I saw a decimated city on my way too."
    Tristian nodded, then found himself a bottle of american beer. Saph sighed and shook her head.
    Then she went on, "I could use a swim. I've been shook up lately, and I need to get used to solid ground again."

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    "What!? no way... why is the Alliance doing experiments on humans?.... I believe they stopped... this is way too much for keeping it too long without people knowing about it..." I replied. "it doesn't matter .... there is no such thing as something supernatural... believe me... there will be NEVER something like that... just fantasies..." I added looking at her.

I saw the Armored Hawk landing and I smiled. "Hey Matt!!! come here!!" I yelled at him as I saw him walking out from his airship. "Sapphire... this is Matt Uzuki... the Armored Hawk's Captain" I told her. "Matt! this is the Captain of Streaks of a Dying Sun... Sapphire Bloodwinger" I told him too.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    "Hiya Sapphire. I'm Matt. It's very nice to meet you. This is a pretty nice ship. Nowhere near as Nice as my Hawk, but closer than Maxxies Peice of junk~" Matt joked. "Just kidding~ I love ya like a little bro Maxxie~"

"Did I hear you talking about the alliance experimenting on Humans? Those......" Matt swore " They have no right. I freed some prisoners, but I never knew they were being held for that.." Matt looked down. "The crew members that died in that attack were among the ones I saved..." Matt sniffled, and whiped his eyes with the back of his arm.

Hive Mind

science fiction nut
    Years
    "Hello, Matt, or Zi as I would say in my native tone, " Sapphire greeted.
    Then she turned to Max again and said, "That was some insane driving if I do say so myself. Got a lick of my left wing, but Tristian was driving then."
    She side-glanced at Tristian, he was singing, drunk, with a crewman. Both had beer in hand, and looking very merry. Saph gave a short cough and took a sip of wine.
    She says to Matt, "I don't belive you have heard of the Reaver yet. The alliance didn't stop with the creation of my type it seems?" She pauses to take a sip of wine, "Well, I guess Maxen, er, Max could fill you on anything you is willing to share with you?" another pause, "Hell, what happened here!?"
    She had noticed a dead body laying, and her feet touched a blood trail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back