• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are genwunners are not existent?

Years
    If your asking on genwunners existance, yeah they do exist though ive never met any personally. And i dont see how any can look Red, Blue, and Yellow directly and say THAT is peak pokemon. Thats just objectively wrong on all fronts

Days
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Genwunner reporting in! Though maybe not in the traditional sense, seeing as my first pokemon game was sapphire. Anyway ama I guess because by your title I'm a little confused as to what you're asking

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
    I'm being sincere when I tell you this, but I have a difficult time with genwunners. Not awful, but not encouraging either - saying this because I know almost all but one friend in my circle who aren't keeping up with the current gens before they tailed off eariler. They're my pals, so I respect their decision and didn't try to lay much current gen stuff onto them unless it's really worth talking about. I've known these genwunners personally, so I refuse to throw them under a bus because their dedication for Pokémon is as strong.

But you know one thing that gets my goat? Serieswunners!! Epwunners, too! Gah, the nerve of them!

Years
    • Seen today
    I know there are people who would say that Gen 1 is their favorite, and the "first games were the best" mindset is not something exclusive to Pokémon either, that also happens in other long time franchises, sometimes based on actual arguments, sometimes just bias.

But I don't like putting everyone on the same bag. I don't recall ever meeting anyone with such a delusional or irrational bias towards gen 1 that would make them oblivious to all the things that later gens improved on. It's not rare to find players who still prefer the older games for whatever reasons, that's just common old-shoolness, not fanboying Gen 1 specifically.

Years
    And i dont see how any can look Red, Blue, and Yellow directly and say THAT is peak pokemon. Thats just objectively wrong on all fronts
    Agreed, I can understand liking Kanto or FRLG the best; but I genuinely can't see how you could look at the held-together-by-hopes-and-dreams RBY and think they're the pinnacle of the series without being deluded by nostalgia.

Back