• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are Pokémon fusions introduced?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
It's just the idea that I get when I watched the trailer. It's for sure that we saw Lunala and Solgaleo being combined with Necrozma. We saw something similar with Kyurem in the past. Now is the question if this will be something similar, probably is my guess. I hope that we can use it for more Pokémon, unlike only with Kyurem was possible in the past. If we get it, maybe they will combine fusions with Mega's. So, fuse two Metagrosses to get Mega Metagross. I know I'm just dreaming, but I found it annoying to waste a held slot for the necessary Megastone. It would be great if Mega Metagross can held an Assault Vest.

What would other people think about it?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Giving Megas the ability to hold items would make them broken af. We already know the terror that is Mega Rayquaza...

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I don't think so it will happen and I certainly am not fond of that idea. Having that mega stone keeps the Pokemon in check because Mega Evolution gives insane power to Pokemon.

On the concept of fusions, I hope they don't spill it out to regular Pokemon. It's a very unique idea and concept that it's good it's only limited to Kyurem and Necrozma.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
With the amount of Pokémon fusions/forms that have been introduced, I won't be surprised if they release more fusions later on.

If we're looking at a Nintendo standpoint, Pokémon fusions were in high demand a good while ago and they basically kinda gave into what the fans wanted to see. Now that more fusions have been introduced, fans are more standoffish to them and they're in this weird limbo. But, looking at these USUM fusions, they'll definitely appeal to the current younger fan base/generation from being bright & bold and that's where Pokémon will always target their audience since it was made for the younger ones, even though they have a huge older fanbase.

But for sure, they will not allow for every single Pokémon to be fused. It'll most likely be exclusive to certain Legendaries as of right now.

Years
I think that these new Solgaleo and Lunala forms might not be a fusion, but a power upgrade from a prism-based item which might tie in with that symbol on their foreheads. Colress was a character from B2/W2 who appeared in S/M, so I also feel he may have had a role in that considering that I recall he created the DNA Splicers which made Kyurem fuse with Reshiram or Zekrom for its new form.

The fact I think that this may be the case with Necrozma's body forming the armour on Solgaleo and Lunala was because Colress was involved in the project. That could add some weight behind why he was visiting Alola in S/M.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
I think that these new Solgaleo and Lunala forms might not be a fusion, but a power upgrade from a prism-based item which might tie in with that symbol on their foreheads. Colress was a character from B2/W2 who appeared in S/M, so I also feel he may have had a role in that considering that I recall he created the DNA Splicers which made Kyurem fuse with Reshiram or Zekrom for its new form.

The fact I think that this may be the case with Necrozma's body forming the armour on Solgaleo and Lunala was because Colress was involved in the project. That could add some weight behind why he was visiting Alola in S/M.

oooo I definitely am intrigued and convinced about the idea that Colress was behind on the fusing of Solgaleo & Lunala! Maybe he'll conduct more science experiments on the other new legendaries like Magearna or Marshadow ?

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Pokemon fusion, I am not sure I want that. Pokemon hybrids tho.... Let's say a few Pokemon can breed together to get brand new species.. a girl can dream, right?

Back