• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are there EVIL pokémon?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think there are pokemon that are evil in terms of the pokemon world, but not evil in terms of our world.

There's definitely mean and sadistic pokemon out there, but even they would likely mellow out with enough love.

I feel like there's a kind of conflict between the games/anime and pokedex entries. I could actually see there being evil pokemon in the pokemon world the pokedex describes...but the world of the pokedex isn't the same one we know. A pokemon world faithfully based on pokedex entries would be scary and weird.

Although, no human is born evil either. Can pokemon become evil or do they not have the mental capacity for it?

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2013
    i think gangar looks really evil hihi butt dont think he's evil at all

gSpartan150

Intermediate Johto Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2013
    I think Tymepole from the newest Mystery Dungeon is. I believe there is a mission in that game that talks about an evil Tymepole.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If I recall correctly in one of the first seasons of the anime one of the Team Rocket Pokemon mentioned that they are doing evil deeds only because their trainers tell them to do so. That's why I think, there aren't any evil Pokemon. Considering that Pokemon is a series created for kids, it's kinda logical, I think. I mean even Gengar in the first PMD wasn't evil.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2014
    Mewtwo. Watch Mew vs. Mewtwo and you'll understand. Buuut... At the ending he wanted to be good... So I guess I shouldn't be talking... :3

PandaBoy

gotta catch 'em all
    Years
  • Well Meowth is evil.
    Isn't that right? He works for team Rocket. And team Rocket wants to steal pokemons (like team Galactic). So there you have it. Meow is evil. Not the sort but just the one who works with Jessie and James.

And for everyone that thinks that Mew Two is an evil pokemon, he isn't.
    Mew Two isn't even a pokemon. He is a copy of a pokemon (Mew), he is
    more like a creature or clone than a pokemon. And even if he was a pokemon
    he turned nice in the end of the movie, didn't he?

Last edited:
    Back